Wondering how many people grow in peat/perlite mix?

Growing in Sunshine mix, I measure EC (ppm) and don’t pay much attention to whatever schedule it says on the bottle.

Generally speaking - there are some heavy feeding strains that can take the full ‘recommended’ dosage. Most of my strains max out somewhere between half and 2/3 of that though. I’m growing mainly sativa strains which tend to be lighter feeders.

Growing in Sunshine mix, I measure EC (ppm) and don’t pay much attention to whatever schedule it says on the bottle.

Generally speaking - there are some heavy feeding strains that can take the full ‘recommended’ dosage. Most of my strains max out somewhere between half and 2/3 of that though. I’m growing mainly sativa strains which tend to be lighter feeders.
What E.C. do u you put your nutrients too?
And do you use nutrients every watering or every other watering?

I feed once a week. They get watered once or twice with plain water, or plain water and calmag, in between feedings.

Generally speaking for mid-late flowering I feed up to a max of 1.5 EC with most pure sativa strains, 2.2 ish for heavier feeding indicas, and around 1.8 for the in-between ones (sativa dominant crosses).
Thise numbers vary a bit with different nutrient lineups I find, but I think are probably a good ballpark for a schedule where you’re bottle feeding weekly in soilless.

Just wondering if people use the hydroponic recommend amounts for nutrients or do you use a half dose as recommended for soil?

If you made your own mix of peat and perlite, did you amend it with any lime to balance the acidity of the peat? See my signature for further details on making your own Pro-Mix copy. I feed every watering. How much to feed is a tricky question with many variables. Some nute companies feed schedules are extremely hot, while others are not, so a blanket statement 1/2 the dose doesn't work. Even going by EC or ppm doesn't always work. I can say that 700ppm (1.4 EC) of Dyna Gro Foliage Pro is about Max while 1200ppm (2.4 EC) with Mega Crop is quite normal. You can see the large range. It really depends on what the nute contains on how much you can, or need to, feed.

I feed once a week. They get watered once or twice with plain water, or plain water and calmag, in between feedings.

Generally speaking for mid-late flowering I feed up to a max of 1.5 EC with most pure sativa strains, 2.2 ish for heavier feeding indicas, and around 1.8 for the in-between ones (sativa dominant crosses).

Thanks for your feedback it’s much appreciated
Thise numbers vary a bit with different nutrient lineups I find, but I think are probably a good ballpark for a schedule where you’re bottle feeding weekly in soilless.
Promix and perlite. I give half doae of recommended nutes and just once in awhile
If you made your own mix of peat and perlite, did you amend it with any lime to balance the acidity of the peat? See my signature for further details on making your own Pro-Mix copy. I feed every watering. How much to feed is a tricky question with many variables. Some nute companies feed schedules are extremely hot, while others are not, so a blanket statement 1/2 the dose doesn't work. Even going by EC or ppm doesn't always work. I can say that 700ppm (1.4 EC) of Dyna Gro Foliage Pro is about Max while 1200ppm (2.4 EC) with Mega Crop is quite normal. You can see the large range. It really depends on what the nute contains on how much you can, or need to, feed.

I am currently using terrapro I believe it’s called. Yes it has the lime added already.
Also I am using DNF Dutch nutrient formula.
With advanced nutrients BIG BUD for flowering.

Back
Top Bottom