Worm castings question

Krimepayz

I have a worm farm from which i have saved up a lot of worm castings. I have inspected it very closely and there are some flies, small beetle looking bugs. There was a few millipedes too.

Lots of these are co existing with my worms which is not my issue. My issue is i grow inside, and i don’t know what half of these little critters are. How do I prepare the worm castings I have collected for putting in my indoor grow. I have only so far used them in garden use and cant find the right information online.

Anyone information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Howdy well if you're not sure of what critters are in your castings I'd refrain from using it inside you might bring in problems you just don't want! I myself raise my own in a urban worm bin in my basement The only way to go (I've tried it the way your doing)! I don't have bugs in there other than hypsis miles mite's and rove beetles for fungus gnat control I use Bokashi or black owl char for smells and our food scraps (I precompost the scraps before adding it to the bin for heat reasons) and it simply works GREAT So if you're using castings in your living soil mix invest a bit your pay back will be a Great and self rewarding one! www.memesworms they have everything you need to git you started and please if you find composting worms ( red wigglers or EUROS) in your container garden release them its NOT the environment needed to thrive and eventually they die! Research it hope this helps Ron from Michigan ✌️

IMG_20230205_130447.jpg

IMG_20230205_130500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom