Worm castings, vermicompost, recycle, organic

HotshotShorty

Greetings,
I have found a worm bin for $25 used.
From EVERYTHING that I have read, worm castings(worm poop) is/are ultra fantastic for gardens.
I am not going hydro, so I am going to give vermicomposting(composting using worms) a try.
They say, worms will consume most any vegetable matter, but not liking fats, meats, etc.
Coffee grounds, egg shells, leaves, banana peels, apple cores, spinach, some manure, & paper are all gobbled up.
They do not like much citrus though.
So I am thinking, why not recycle scrap cannabis? It makes sense to me!
They say that the digested garbage is literally alive with beneficial micro organisms.
There is also worm "tea" which has a dynamite reputation for super plant vigor.
I am no expert, but I have thoroughly read a lot about it.
I am excited to give it a try and have some ideas of my own to try out.

If any of you have any experience with it and cannabis culture, please respond.

HotshotShorty

Just an additional note,
I recently watched a video of Jorge C. harvesting kief using ice, water, and a hand mixer. The mixing process took about 15 minutes. The soggy goop he took off the beaters sure seemed like it would be excellent worm fodder. Jorge remarked that it was nothing like the way it was when he started.

well, I did not get the used one so I bought a new one. I am very curious if the worms will eat the mmj. Think they would get the munchies? It seems so logical to put back into the soil what ever was taken out...

Try bokashi composting where you can compost meats and dairy quickly and then feed that to the worms once broken down. They love it!

Back
Top Bottom