Worm outside

Newfun

Oh no it's a worm. Topping that my phone camera stinks. Found this pest on outdoor Ultra White Amnesia this morning. Small pale green with dark areas on back. Moves like inch worm. Made a area on plant look like a small brown deadzone. Trimmed and inspected more and found a bug. Removed (killed) bug. Like a beatl with soft brown back.
20190703_065326_HDR.jpg

Caterpillar killer with BT (Bacillus thuringiensis ) will take care of those caterpillars (if the spray you're using doesn't)
When I was growing outdoors,caterpillars were often a problem-the moths lay their eggs on your plants at night,and a few days later...crapload of caterpillars...

Not to alarm you,but you need to take them very seriously-especially during late flower....
They love the buds-they bore into them and eat them from the inside out-and if that's not bad enough,their poop causes what's left of the buds to rot (been there)

The thing about using aromatic oils at the budding stage,is that they make the buds smell and taste awful (especially the garlic oil).

The BT spray is inert,no stink,and non toxic to everything but caterpillars- Once caterpillars ingest the BT,they never eat again,and it quickly kills them from the inside out.
Just an idea for you- the spray you used may work just fine- this is what you will need just in case it doesn't.
"Safer"brand caterpillar killer is one brand,but there are quite a few others available.

Just ordered 2 Safer caterpillar BT and Neem. Needed a scale. Added it to get Free Delivery. Thanks. Hope my UWA that was an auto and didn't know is ok. She had the caterpillar. Of course she is gorgeous long buds. Hope she won't retain the garlic aroma. She has weeks left. On the bright side there are no vampires in my garden. Lol

Thank you. I will definitely do that. We have a few cannabis plants in the garden, tomatoes, beens, zucchinis and cucumber that I want to protect too. Mostly concerned about my tall lovely ladies though.

It's a mix of isopropyl alcohol and water. You don't want to drink it if you like being alive with your skin still attached to your body.
I can't remember the ratio of water to iso off hand.

Back
Top Bottom