Worm outside

I think @InTheShed uses both that and a castille soap spray for pests. I think it's 1:1 iso to water. I would wait for Shed to pop up with a better answer though.

Thanks Shed.

Thanks for the shout VG!

For bugs other than caterpillars, the iso/water mix with 70% isopropyl alcohol is 1 part iso to 9 parts water. Spray the undersides of the leaves every other day for three weeks. Not sure of its safety on trichomes yet (still waiting to do that experiment) but in veg it's no problem.

In flower I use Dr Bronner's liquid castille soap (unscented) but any non-detergent dish soap will work.

I use BT spray (as @carcass mentioned) as well as spinosad, which kills caterpillars and other pests, and is also safe in flower. However, please don't use neem or the Dr Earth spray in flower, as it's never a good idea to spray anything with oil on your plant once it goes into flower.

If there is doubt in my mind I usually find a more experienced member to tell me I'm wrong. Lol. That's why I called on Shed. I knew for sure that he would have a great answer for you.
Good luck with the caterpillars. I hate the vile little things.

My phone was way behind. Got it. Thanks In the Shed. My husband grew outside last year and had them (caterpillars). He gets stuck in using the same stuff which didn't work. I orderef Safer BT and Neem. Now that I am home full time and have you all teaching me, I intend on being caterpillar free. Yay freedom.

Well did more damage. Unfortunately this is Ultra White Amnesia. I must have got an auto. I don't put my autos outside. But anyway this ended up outside and is already flowering. Getting munched. I feel like digging her up and running away lol. I will try soap.

Got my soap mixed. Waiting un-patientlytly for later day to spray. combed over the plant I got 3 different things I found. Picture of the bug. Squished the fuzzy black/dark purple thing that looked like worm guys and the original caterpillar. Man I am wicked pissed. Yes from Massachusetts and wicked proud. Lol. Gotta love Mother Earth, she's keeping me busy.

Attachments

• 20190706_115545_HDR.jpg
    20190706_115545_HDR.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 41
That looks like an aphid...the soap should take care of them too.
Keep your eye on the undersides of the leaves-that's where they
hide/colonize on the plant,often, but not always, starting on the lower leaves.

Thank you. I thought it was. I going to hang outside and remove any lower leaves that need to go on the outdoor girls. That will put me up close and personal for awhile. Supposed to get cloudy then I will spray them. Also going to be proud parents of baby mantis family any day now. Love those guys. Plus Mantis is my husband's Kung Fu style. Woah it's beautiful too. Lol

Ok it's official, Mother Nature just kicked my a**. 90 degrees in the garden trimming up the ladies lower leaves. (Don't get on me that I should have trimmed and shaped, please). Hubby lik
20190706_151917_HDR.jpg
20190706_140929_HDR.jpg
es nature to not be meddled with too much. He gets freaked. So while he's at the BEACH I baked in the garden.
Sorry for long rant. I think the Dr. Earth helped. Looked good pretty much. Sprayed soap under, over, sideways, down. The entire garden. Clouds are here. Rain possible later.
It's a good thing I love my husband and these ladies that will love him back because those zucchini leaves itch the crap out of me.

They're looking great!
I never trimmed or shaped anything when I grew outdoors-they don't
need it as much in the sun as they do under a stationary light source...
in my opinion,anyhow.

Found the worm/caterpillar. Very tiny. About half a grain of rice. It's my new science experiment. Peroxide made it panic and then slowed down in a minute. Put a bubble of soapy water, crawled a bit then stopped and is dying. Take that you b*stard. Here is a pic.
20190706_161231_HDR.jpg

I would love to help more but my tolerance for caterpillars is very low. I'm terrified of them so I will respectfully bow out, if that's ok.
Can't even really look at the photos. Lol.

Even the black and orange fuzzy ones?
I won't even go there.... They terrify me less than the naked ones or the spiky ones I guess.
Wolly bears is what we used to call them.

OMG. He started moving again. I put straight alcohol on him. (He on a napkin). He moved faster. Put salt and kept going, baking soda and kept going, then vinegar and blasted his body. On the bright side I think the soap will work on the leaves though cause the eat it. Please don't report me to caterpillar cruelty people. Thank you lol

Back
Top Bottom