Worms in hydro?

Scottylikesbud

Hey guys found these this morning, tf are they
A2BBE9A3-C27B-4FFC-8BF2-A955CB2443E6.jpeg

Hey Scotty. Thanks for the tag.
I’m guessing mosquito larvae.
I don’t do hydro, but have lived on tank water in the past. We used to put a cup of kerosene in our water tank to keep the mozzies off.
Maybe try a tbsp? It floats! So no worries about mixing.

@DonkeyDick misquitos in winter in Alaska? Whaaat? It’s it’s not even above zero yet haha. But the kerosene idea caught my attention, I’m going to google it right quick.
Careful not to smoke over res once kerosene is added.:lot-o-toke:
Lol I don’t smoke in the grow room, I read that smoke settles and covers up the stomata so I just stopped for my plants health XD

Alaska, ahh :high-five: Yes, I see. If I hadn’t got caught up looking at your dog :love: I may have got there.
I don’t know if they are mozzies, but the life cycle of a lot of the flying greeblies is going to see them as larvae/pupae over winter so it could be.

No critters here on the surface of the sun, so no clue

What's the water temp

How long since it's been changed

You doing the living organic stuffs in yer rezz

Ya I've never seen them before either and have no bug experience in hydro. Although the kerosene would probably do the trick I'm not so sure what it would do to the plants. H202 to test for death might be a quick solution.

Here's a vid on mosquito larvae. Is this what they are doing?
I read someone say before if there isn't enough agitation in the water then the larvae tend to hang around.

Larvae. Within a week, the eggs hatch in water, becoming mosquito larvae called "wigglers." A mosquito larva looks like a small hairy worm, less than a 1/4-inch long. ... Mosquito larvae live in water for four to 14 days or longer, depending on the water temperature, hanging upside-down near the water's surface.

I change it every week, did one last night found em this morning, temps around 57 to 62 so far. But been like 59 lately.
No critters here on the surface of the sun, so no clue

What's the water temp

How long since it's been changed

You doing the living organic stuffs in yer rezz

As fer the organic s what? I recently switched to MC about a week ago? And used it again last night. Before that was using some other liquid nutrient called EZ GRO for seed to flower.

LOLOL, yes, just like that :rofl:
You can like carry a pic of it in your wallet or someplace in the house and just be like “me, when I was 18” :straightface:

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom