Worried about yellowing

Mattman1211

Hi,

I am growing increasingly worried about one of my plants thats now in day 40 of flower. Her leaves are going increasingly yellow all over especially the top of the plant. some of the leaves even have a redish colour starting to appear. I am growing in soil using nutes at half strength every second-third water, watering every three days or so. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

fungun said:
too much fertilizer.

how?? he is only using half stregnth. he is actually doing the same thing i do. i think the yellowing is normal at this stage. i could be wrong tho.

Yellowing is normall when in the late stages of flower. what kinda beans did you use? bag seed? what type of nutes are you feeding them?

Whats the temp in the room? whats the PH of the plants? What type of lights are you using and how close are they to the tops of the plants?

Nitrogen - Plants need lots of N during vegging, but it's easy to overdo it. Added too much? Flush the soil with plain water. Soluble nitrogen (especially nitrate) is the form that's the most quickly available to the roots, while insoluble N (like urea) first needs to be broken down by microbes in the soil before the roots can absorb it. Avoid excessive ammonium nitrogen, which can interfere with other nutrients. Too much N delays flowering. Plants should be allowed to become N-deficient late in flowering for best flavor.

From what i can see your plants have needed some (N) Nitrogen during the flowering cycle, just a littel, just enough to keep them green,

Temp in the room is about 27-29. Don't know about PH don't have a testing kit, have never really felt the need either (till now).

yeah i had the same problem, i realized how important ph is. i still dont have a test kit, but i got something called ph regulator, its for aquariums and it neutralizes the ph. its not the best but it works for me.

What you're seeing is normal leaf yellowing. The redish tinge to the leaf is an indication of Phosphorus deficiency late in flower. Usually when plants look like this - it's a good thing.

In the future, give them a full strength shot of vegging fertilizer (high in Nitrogen) in the first 3 weeks of flower during the stretch period. This will help prevent early yellowing of the fan leaves.

But at this point, nothing you add will help the plants green back up. Just keep doing what you have been doing and enjoy those dank looking buds of yours... :cheesygrinsmiley: :allgood:

Peace
MC

madamecrash said:
What you're seeing is normal leaf yellowing. The redish tinge to the leaf is an indication of Phosphorus deficiency late in flower. Usually when plants look like this - it's a good thing.

In the future, give them a full strength shot of vegging fertilizer (high in Nitrogen) in the first 3 weeks of flower during the stretch period. This will help prevent early yellowing of the fan leaves.

But at this point, nothing you add will help the plants green back up. Just keep doing what you have been doing and enjoy those dank looking buds of yours... :cheesygrinsmiley: :allgood:

Peace
MC

thanks for the help, put my mind a rest a bit :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom