Worried about yellowing

jimdaworm

Hi everyone.

My plants have been been flowering 3-4 weeks. I noticed some of the older leaves going yellow and looking around this seems reasonable normal as the Nitrogen is sucked out of the older leaves for the flowers (I understand?)

I have been giving more nutrients as I thought it might help.

The problem is getting worse and now even some of the top leaves are going brown and curling (starting at the tip)

Any ideas? I have uploaded some photos but I am waitin for them to become available.:hmmmm:

When your pictures are approved post them in this same thread and then we can all help you better.

What nutrients are you using and how much?

Hi RooRman I am using 4-8-12 I have been fertilizing every second day but after asking the other day about yellowing I have given them a bit extra.

I will post the photos when they are approved.

Yeah sounds like nutrient burn. Try feeding them with plain water for a while to flush the soil and let them use up the nutrients already present in the soil. Every other day is too often to feed and your only going to make things worse by upping the dosage.

Hi everyone, thanks for your info. I have tried to flush the plant I ran about 1 L of water though it. The only other thing I can think of is that maby the pot is too small.

I am aware that its small but I don't have much space left on the windowsill and I thought it might shock the plant to transplant at this late stage.

yellow11.JPG

yellow21.JPG

yellow21.JPG

Tell me what you guys think I hope I can save it :adore:

I like to transplant just after the plant shows sex. As you stated, I would not transplant at this point because of stress. At this point I would leave it be and back off on the nutes a bit.

I am not giving them any nutrients and have also cut back on the water as the temperature has dropped quite drastically recently 8/10 degrees C.

They seem to be ok, a couple of dead leaves but the buds are still growing.

I will post some new photos soon.:peace:

Thanks to the mods who okayed my photos quickly:adore:
fertburn5.jpg

fertburn4.jpg

fertburn3.jpg

fertburn1.jpg

Here are some photos of my other plant that seems to be ok:
otherplant2.jpg

otherplant1.jpg

What do you guys think?

Next ime give a pic of the top side of the leaves too lol.
Looks healthy to me, The yellowed leaves is few and seem to be effecting mostly older fan leaves. This is normal for the most part during the flower stage.
You should sho a pic of the whole plant too. Sorry for asking for so much but I just don't really see a big problem .

Thanks for your replies. It doesnt seem to be getting any worse :cheesygrinsmiley:
Its really hard to take photos of the top of the plant as I have to take them off the windowsill and its quite difficult as they are all tangled togeater.

ladbug1.jpg

Looks like one happy ladybug!

Back
Top Bottom