Would appreciate LED advice for a small SOG tent

If anyone is interested, I've made a decision and ordered the 260W QB V2 LED kit from Horticulture Lighting Group.

Those things do look nice. I'd like to have two of them for my 4'x4' grow tent. But $660 is a little too (way too) rich for my blood.

It looks like the power cord is 6' long, and the the other wire mentioned in the item's description (solid-core wire) is 2' long. Does that mean the drivers can only positioned up to 2' away from the "light portion" of the product? I noticed in the picture of the driver that it already has wire attached to it, but there is no mention (at least I didn't see any) of that wire's length.

I'm thinking that, if I ever do trip over a gold nugget and decide to buy these things, I'd like to have the driver portion of the kits mounted outside of the tent (and not to the exterior of the tent, itself, lol, but to either a nearby wall or some sort of counter-top mount. Is this possible with this kit?

Obviously no first hand experience, but I watched a video of the kit being assembled and I don't believe it would be difficult to supply some wire to get the length needed to move the power supply out of the tent.

Personally, I think COBS are better for SOG, and QBs are better fitted for Scrogs, but thats just me. Im really having a hard time finding huge, dense colas from QBs.

I hope my results are different... Light already ordered and should arrive tomorrow. I guess that I will know for sure in 4-5 months.

Personally, I think COBS are better for SOG, and QBs are better fitted for Scrogs, but thats just me. Im really having a hard time finding huge, dense colas from QBs.

its about grower style, and genetics, and having everything dialed in, to get great results. QBs are undeniably the most efficiant, and great PPFD and JPW. I just think, COBS can really get down thru the canopy a bit better for SOG or stand alone plants. Plus, Im biased, lol. I run COBS,.. Was going to go the QB route, but couldnt get any at the time.

kazz, cant wait to see the outcome, heres to a great grow!!

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm debating on starting a grow journal when everything is ready. Never done one before, but I think I might want some support as this will be my first sativa grow.

I've got a bit of time to decide--seeds are ordered, but not delivered. So, have to germinate, veg, THEN get clones ready

Thanks for your input!

Mid power diodes are super for SoG and any other style of growing.
COBs have an advantage if you grow vey tall untopped plants, but you can just hang the midpower diodes vertically :)

The kit arrived yesterday and was assembled without difficulty. Bright!

I could use some advice on the driver, though. On the HLG website, it lists the kit as 260 watts. Then further down the page it states the driver is dimmable from 135-285 watts.

Using a Kill-A-Watt device, my unit is pulling 235 watts. Is that correct? Should I try to adjust it?

Thanks!

WOOT, awesome Kazz, congrates,

You can turn it up, but probably no need right now. but hey, its new, test drive it, learn your new light.

Back
Top Bottom