Would like to start large discussion on reveg

hashfiend

HELLO :420:

aright so recently i have been very interested in attempting to reveg plants to keep genetics of special plants alive. i have also read in different places that revegging plants can increase the potency of buds.

the purpose of this post is to find all the best methods of revegging plants. photos and incisive knowledge are needed and also to debunk most myths about the potency issue, if it truly becomes better or stronger.

im basically seeing if i could develop an extremely potent strain through reveg by taking a clone(1) from a revegged(1) then flowering and revegging(2) the clone(1) and take a clone(2) off the revegged(2), and continue doing that instead of attempting breeding and get inconsistant seeds. now i do realize that this strain would be clone only and if i lose the plant all my work would be down the drain.

alright so i would say this topic is now open for discussion

I'm trying my first reveg attempt. It started by accident. I had chopped a plant and left it for dead. After a month I went to dump out the container and found the stalk was sprouting. This plant was just a stub. It had no water and very little light for over a month, so I thought if it wants to live that bad I'll try to reveg it!

I have put it under 18/6 CFL's and it's coming back. The growth look weird, but it's still alive and getting stronger by the day. If I can get it back to health I plan to clone it. I'll post some pics if you like.

To my understanding it does not increase potency it actually decreases it...ive never seen or heard of it increasing...the only real way to know is grow a plant out and flower and get the buds lab tested then reveg and flower again and get it tested again...

I will be here for this one because it is something I have thought about doing. I am a bit shocked to learn that the potency decreases. I would think the opposite but what do I know? I am still a novice at growing. Hope others will add their input.

I don't think you can increase or decrease THC content by any means other than controlling the environment (lights, temps, humidity, nutes, etc.). Unless reveging somehow mutates it's genes, the DNA should be consistent and that is what ultimately, decides a plants max THC level. By all means, go ahead with the experiment, I'd like to see the results. Just think it will be hard to replicate 4 months of a grow environment exactly to know for sure what caused the THC to vary, if it does.

Hmm, now that I thought about it a bit after writing the above, maybe the hormones could get all whacked and cause it to freak out. I know it does my girlfriend monthly and for the life of me I can't figure that crap out either!

I don't think you can increase or decrease THC content by any means other than controlling the environment (lights, temps, humidity, nutes, etc.). Unless reveging somehow mutates it's genes, the DNA should be consistent and that is what ultimately, decides a plants max THC level. By all means, go ahead with the experiment, I'd like to see the results. Just think it will be hard to replicate 4 months of a grow environment exactly to know for sure what caused the THC to vary, if it does.

Hmm, now that I thought about it a bit after writing the above, maybe the hormones could get all whacked and cause it to freak out. I know it does my girlfriend monthly and for the life of me I can't figure that crap out either!

<----- hormones are currently whacked out. I know most men don't understand what we go through every month. Imagine if you will, a nosebleed that goes on for 7 days if you're lucky maybe less..if you're cursed then more than that..No matter what kind of tissue you use, the blood still comes through....Now add to that a migrane headache as a comparison to the cramps we get.

<----- hormones are currently whacked out. I know most men don't understand what we go through every month. Imagine if you will, a nosebleed that goes on for 7 days if you're lucky maybe less..if you're cursed then more than that..No matter what kind of tissue you use, the blood still comes through....Now add to that a migrane headache as a comparison to the cramps we get.
I didn't mean to come off misogynistic, sorry. I love my GF with all my heart and although I can't understand fully what ya go through, I'm aware us guys have a lot crap to put up with too. :Namaste:

I didn't mean to come off misogynistic, sorry. I love my GF with all my heart and although I can't understand fully what ya go through, I'm aware us guys have a lot crap to put up with too. :Namaste:

LOL, don't sweat it. I was just giving you the best example of what we go through every month...*smiles*...And I am sure you do love your gf or hope so.

basically i have read a few journals on this site that have said that their revegged buds are not as large or numerous but they smell taste and even have better medicinal value than the previous harvest, that is wat i was meaning about the increasing of potency, basically does reveg produce a better product or is the enviroment the main control of that.

I did a re-veg with an AK 48 I grew awhile ago. I searched for pics with no luck. The plant was small to begin with, a clone I had taken from a hydro grow I was doing. I grew it out in soil with some issues caused by me during its first round.

I left some small buds and a few leaves on when I harvested her, then put her under a cfl on 24/0. If I remember right it took a few weeks, then dark green, rounded off leaves popped out. Kind of like cotyledons.

Second harvest was tastier, due to better knowledge of growing I believe. Potency was no different.

Since then I've talked with some experienced growers who both said, re-vegging does decrease potency. Unfortunately they could not tell me why, it's just been known amongst them.

So basically, it's not worth doing if the potency decreases. What would be the point other than for experience? Dang, now I am disappointed...

Maybe its because the hormones the plant produces are not as strong anymore once you reveg because in nature it flowers then dies so over the last few thousand years its been around its genetic make up is use to only 1 flowering cycle and its unnatural to reveg and causes stress maybe...just a thought

Well, I'm going to keep going with my reveg experiment. This will take months. Maybe i will start a journal about it. I find it fun to try new ways to grow! :hookah:

Well, I'm going to keep going with my reveg experiment. This will take months. Maybe i will start a journal about it. I find it fun to try new ways to grow! :hookah:

Definitely do a journal, keep us posted because I would like to follow that experiment.

I take a clone from each of the plants that I'm budding. I keep my harvest seperated as to each plant. I can then try each of the plants that I think are the best. I'll keep the best four of the clones. Grow these moms up and the clone them. It'll take about 4-5 months but you will have the best of the lot that you started with and the potency and yields will be the same as the mom. Hope this helps.

I believe this thread is about harvesting a plant a revegging it for a second harvest as opposed to taking a flowering clone and reverting it back to veg...as I'm sure that would produce the same quality and yield as the mother...i wish I had a lab to test the end product of a second harvest from the same plant... Thanks for your input brother...

I have just finished harvesting Northern lights and Lemon skunk.. I got almost three pounds off eight plants... They were monsters.. Now I am one week into revegging my best plants along with three clones that I successfully monster cropped... The clones are growing roots surprisingly fast along with the mutated leaves on top, which I know is a good sign... The plants have not shown any new growth yet but like I said, it's only been a week... I have a drip hydro unit that feeds them three times a day with rx green solutions nutes and humboldt verde for the nitrogen boost... Wish me luck, I will keep everything posted. I also put up a pic of the bud a few weeks before harvest.
20150706_183101.jpg
20150706_183113.jpg
20150706_183130.jpg
20150601_221113.jpg

ed rosenthal and mel frank wrote a lot on this subject back in the 70's and is still most valid today.....the second harvest will not be as potent as the first yet revegging a third time after harvest will be. worth a read.:)

Back
Top Bottom