Would Self-Cultivation Of Cannabis Reduce Drug Trafficking?

Self-cultivation of cannabis avoids that drug trafficking raised 150 million euros more than what it currently does, assure the organizers of Spannabis, a Cannabis fair that opens its doors today in Spain's region of Catalonia.

This seventh annual event, held in Cornella from the 26th to 28th of February 2010, solidifies Spannabis as the largest show in the world dedicated to this topic.

"Normalization of cultivation and consumption of cannabis would not only end with illegal trafficking but generate taxes as well", says Carlos Yerbes, codirector of Spannabis.

Discussions and conferences will focus on the therapeutic uses not as well known to the general public-such as alleviating pain or reducing the side effects of chemotherapy-as well as focusing on the legal parameters of using the Cannabis plant in medicine.

During these three days of Spannabis, visitors have the opportunity to inform themselves and acquire products from over 150 national and international exhibitioners: Clothes, hemp-based cosmetics, seed banks, paraphernalia, vaporizers (recommended for medicinal use), cannabis activists...etc.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: EITB News Life
Author: Igor Lansorena
Copyright: 2010 EITB
Website: Would self-cultivation of cannabis reduce drug trafficking?

To answer the question, self-cultivation would reduce trafficking of cannibis to the same extent that self-cultivation in apples reduces trafficking in that plant.

To answer the question, self-cultivation would reduce trafficking of cannibis to the same extent that self-cultivation in apples reduces trafficking in that plant.

That is a bit out there in comparrison when you consider an apple tree takes years to mature and then produce decent fruit not to mention the space required to produce enough apples to fufill a person desire. But with cannabis if it was legal to grow why would anyone want to pay someone else to do it for them ? Yes indoors it can take a bit of work to grow but seriously outdoors you can pretty much just have a look at them once a week unless there is a dry spell.

So in otherwords in this case your comparing Apple Trees to weeds.

And many many people in my neighborhood hand out the fruit from their trees. The lead time is longer for a tree, but there is an impact.

Perhaps tomato or zucchini would be a better analogy. Some folks would rather spend the money and buy than spend the time and cultivate.

Well I know when I grew my own ganja I didn't buy any in the black market for quite sometime. I miss my garden, so much cheaper but more work then a phone call.

I would think tomatoes would be a better analogy since they grow closer to cannabis given they only produce during the growing season and don't need to be planted years in advance to produce the fruit like an apple tree would. I grow tomatoes for simple fact that I like to grow and I don't even like tomatoes. I end up giving most away lol. I just like growing as many different plants as possible to try and keep learning as much as I can about growing. I don't do that with cannabis but I do give away quite a bit to my friends because the simple fact that I know my plants have been treated with nothing but love and are far better than the majority of the cannabis that is trafficked in my area. They are my friends and I love them enough to give gifts. When I have a nice harvest and your birthday is coming up you know your getting a good gift from me. lol

Just think when it becomes legal in cali and you can grow your own without fear how many gardens there will be.

Back
Top Bottom