Would she survive with a plastic bag on her?

Oful33

Hello. I have an issue flowering my white widow, she is allready for 3MONTHS in veg and I grow her outdoors. I can't just shut down the sun when I need to in order to make it 12/12. So what if I would place some back plastic bags or black garbage bags on her in specific time so she would get only 12h of light per day. Would this work ? Would she survive? And is it a good idea? Also any suggestions when she should start flowering if I wouldn't interfere?

Also this is what I have found "Apparently the plastic electrically pulls off the Trichomes and sticks to the bag" any opinions about this fact?

Itr doesn't need to be airtight, just light tight. take a cardboard box that's about the right size to cover, and line the OUTSIDE with plastic. once you got that, you've sidestepped the whole deal. Also, realize most black plastic bags are not really light proof, as most let a fair bit of light in.

Welcome to 420 Oful33.

I would not advise trying to force flower outside I do not believe it works well, it requires 8-12 weeks of removing and replacing the light shield daily.

If you are in the northern hemisphere flowering should start pretty soon depending on your latitude. You can expect to harvest late September or mid October(late October for some Sativa strains).

Good luck with your grow.

Welcome to 420 Oful33.

I would not advise trying to force flower outside I do not believe it works well, it requires 8-12 weeks of removing and replacing the light shield daily.

If you are in the northern hemisphere flowering should start pretty soon depending on your latitude. You can expect to harvest late September or mid October(late October for some Sativa strains).

Good luck with your grow.

I live around center of europe. In my country during september frost sometimes occurs at nights. During october frost happens more often and it's even colder. We sometimes even get some snow. I also have red that white widow starts flowering when it's less than 14.4h light per day, in my country it's like that starting from late august. Are you sure it's good idea just to wait and let her flower naturaly?

Back
Top Bottom