WreckLoose First Photoperiod Outdoor Winter Grow 20/21: Gorilla Glue #4 & Banana Kush

They look really frosty, and any light in flower (even tiny LEDs) will effect the harvest. Just a thought.

And I'd say you have a week at least on those, because the sugar leaf trichomes still have clear!
I couldn't be happier with the frost level and those leaves will make for some great edibles too. That's what drove me to just remove them completely. Hoping they can make up for lost time and stack on some weight now.

I'd like the GG4 to go another two weeks if possible. I hear the chocolatey terps become more prominent at around 70+ days. I think the BK will be done a little bit sooner hopefully.

It's been raining every day this week, which is disappointing this late in the game. I've been swaying between letting them cloud-bathe through the balcony doors or keep them under the weak LED, so I've been doing a little of both. To my surprise they've still managed to put on a little bit of weight, just not as much as I was hoping for. Looking at the trichomes, I think I'll let the BK go for another few days, maybe the whole week and the GG4 at around 70+. Should be plenty of sunshine from now until then so hopefully there's some time for one last push to get a little heavier. :Namaste:

They're looking no worse for wear, good as a matter of fact! I use my lux meter to decide when to put the plants outside and when to leave them under the lights.
Thanks Shed! Think the BK will be getting the chop tomorrow, flip day 68. I don't have a lux meter I'm afraid. I've used a lux meter app in the past but I'm skeptical of it's accuracy.

I guess it's time for the harvest update that contains virtually no pictures of said harvest. I got myslef far too stressed out on each day and forgot to take pictures altogether, whoops. The Banana Kush got chopped on flip day 68, day 123 total. She's been in the fridge for 9 days now but she needs a few more before she's dry enough to jar up. The Gorilla Glue #4 came down on flip day 74, day 131 total and she's only been in the fridge for a couple of days now. Both plants are quite disappointing in terms of bud structure/leaf to calyx ratio and I suspect the yield won't be that great either. That being said, this was originally a little experiment to see how possible it would be for me to grow outdoors throughout the winter months and it turns out, it's very possible indeed. It might not be the best bud I've grown so far but I definitely can't complain. Here's where the trichomes were at on their final days.

Now onto the new babies that I've already run into serious problems with. Both seeds germinated no problem and the Blueberry Cookies sprouted not long after being planted. The Chocolope however, was a no show. I was patient for a few days hoping it would pop up soon, but nothing. Thankfully my impatience got the better of me and I carefully dug up the little seed to find what looked like a few fungus gnat larvae munching on her taproot. I've removed the seed/taproot from the soil and carefully placed it back in the damp paper towel but I'm not holding my breath. I drenched the now seedless solo cup with H2O2 in an attempt to kill those nasty little critters. I also ran some through the BC, even though it looks healthy I'd bet there's some in that soil too. Think I'll order another Chocolope seed, I've got other options but my heart has been set on it for a while now.

since cannabis is better than no cannabis. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Haha, I couldn't agree more! Especially right now, while all of my jars lay empty. Luckily I've got some edibles to keep me going. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom