WreckLoose First Photoperiod Outdoor Winter Grow 20/21: Gorilla Glue #4 & Banana Kush

Still as lush and green as ever WL! They're a matched pair of verdant. :welldone:
Finally seeing flowers popping up all over the place these last few days. Safe to say I'm excited.:yahoo:

No complaints about the weather this week as it's been mainly sunshine with only one day having to hide from the crazy winds. I decided to defoliate a little, just removing anything that was covering a bud so nothing crazy but more than I'm used to removing. I also had a problem with my tap water being at around 1000ppm straight from the tap which I thought was odd. :hmmmm: Thankfully it's back in the 200 range now and it doesn't seem to have done any damage to the girls. Buds are now stacking on weight by the day and getting surprisingly frosty sooner than I expected, particularly the GG4. So far, I couldn't be happier with how this little winter experiment is turning out. :thumb:

Due to ridiculously high winds the plants have spent 90% of the week indoors, either at the window sill or under the led. Considering the severe lack of much needed light I'm actually pretty pleased with how well they're still growing, definitely the largest ladies I've grown by far. So now with only a handful of weeks remaining and with the buds quickly fattening up I'm becoming more concerned about the humidity levels (60-80%) when they're indoors overnight. It's especially concerning because I only have a ceiling fan for air circulation. I do keep my window wide open but with the shutter down, trying to balance fresh air with keeping the room dark for first light. I'm trying to keep in mind that this was just a winter experiment but with everything going so much better than I expected it to, I would hate for things to go south so close to the end. Guess I'll just need to wait and hope for the best. :dude-knocking:

Get an oscillating fan for them if you can. The RH will be less of a problem if you can keep some wind on them. They are still looking a perfect shade of green from stem to stern.

:welldone:

I hope the weather gets better for you/them!

I was using a tower fan until it crapped out on me a couple of weeks ago. It was also pretty expensive to run for 12+ hours a day. I found a couple of little desk fans for 5 bucks each so I'm hoping they'll be able to help me out, only problem is they don't oscillate. Could always send them back and get an oscillating one if need be. :hmmmm:

Thanks Shed! The forecast is looking promising for the coming week at least. :thumb:

Can you get two $5 fans, one for each? Or will that drive up the electric bill as well?

That's the plan amigo! :high-five:

They only consume 4w each as opposed to the 120w tower fan. :thedoubletake:

No complaints about the weather this week, it's been nothing but sunshine with a nice breeze and the girls have been soaking up the rays every day. Speaking of breeze, the 5€ desk fans worked out better than I imagined but not without a minor hiccup. They have a couple of built in lights which basically illuminate the whole bracket. After wrapping the whole things in tin foil and then a layer of duct tape they still emit the tiniest bit of light from the charging port but I figure if I can't see my own hand in front of my face, I think (and hope) it's dark enough at lights out. :nervous-guy: Now I'm just waiting patiently for the buds to swell up and the trichomes to mature. I'm a little concerned that the buds look rather leafier and not as dense as they usually do at this point which I'm hoping isn't down to my choice of only using veg nutes and a little PK booster for this grow. Guess I'll just need to wait and see how much they fatten up over these last few weeks I suppose. :hippy:

Looking great! There might be a wire to the bracket lights you can snip. I had to do that with a computer fan that I was using in my pollen collection box. The light on the charger should be a lot easier to mask by itself.

How long did you allow your eyes to get used to the dark?

It did cross my mind to give that a try but I don't trust myself opening it up and snipping anything. I'll probably end up with a broken fan that lights up. :rofl:

It was a good 15 minutes or so? My eyes seemed to be adjusted but it's hard to tell when it's pitch black.

Another solid week in the books and with each passing day, an extra couple minutes of sunshine as the days get a little longer. The buds are slowly fattening up and looking a little less leafy and a little more buddy by the day. Even though they're a bit on the leafy side they are covered in frost which I'm pleased about. Now that harvest is closing in I'm thinking about what beans to pop next. I'll include a pic of all the fem seeds I currently have and would love to hear opinions. Personally, I'm leaning towards Chocolope and Blueberry Cookies for a nice contrast in both flavour and effect.

....and the list of beans...

1614119691002.jpg

The plants are looking as good as the seed selection for the next round! I like your choices, and I grew a Chocolope from @Weed Seeds Express last summer and it turned out really well.
I'd be lying if I said your Chocolope isn't the main reason for my selection, Shed. :high-five: I haven't smoked any since I was in Amsterdam at least 10 years ago and the memory of it lingers to this day. I could only hope to end up with quite the beauty you had.

Definitely feeling like I've dodged a bullet this week with the weather. The winds have been stupidly high every day but so far it keeps coming from a direction where the girls are well protected by the house and get to bask in the sun as usual, while the palm tree out front gets a good beating. The fans had been driving me mad all week, no matter how much I covered them up I could still see a little light emanating. I finally opened them up to find no wires to cut so I just popped off the tiny leds with a stanley knife and no more headaches about the fans. :thumb:

Now onto the plants themselves. I'm really happy with how they're looking especially with how low my expecations were at the beginning. My only gripe would be that the buds just don't seem to be as large or as dense as they usually are this close to harvest. Judging by the trichomes I'd say I'm right on track to harvest in about a week or two so I'm really hoping they start putting on some real weight soon. I've been reading things about using too much N in flower cuasing leafy buds but found people who only use Veg nutes for full grow and their buds look great. :hmmmm:

I've also been looking into the Gas Lantern Routine for the next run but I'll save that for closer to the time.

Back
Top Bottom