Wrenn’s Grow: Maui Waui By Nirvana Seeds & Lemon Kush Headband By HSO In DBHBB

Hey Wren. Good gardens, man. Top work. The more of these high Brix grows I see the more I want to give it a go. :yummy:

Morning Donkey, Thanks for the compliments :Namaste:

Give it a try you won’t be regretting it. The Brix Gang here are as helpful as could be and the Kit itself works wonders and is very easy to use.

Have a great day bud :surf:

New 5x5 tent is up now. I will be running approx 750watts of lighting here if I turn the 550 up all the way. In 25sq ft. That is avg 30watts /sq ft. Not bad.

8CCD91C8-D3A8-4C2D-88CF-A3654BB0925E.jpeg
l

Main Light is a HLG550V2 in 3000k spectrum. Dimmable from 240-480w. Puts out some good PPFD. Wish they made this in 3500k and all the UV/IR and red/far red deep blue in one single unit.
Still have 4 more QB board to throw in here that are 4K to give a nice mix of diodes.

The bars are HLG60 supplemental lights. They are fairly new products. Not cheap so I hope they work well I paid $550 CAD with shipping for the pair. 60watts and come with a driver. 32 diodes per bar. They have deep blue , red , far red and UV / IR.

I’ve been told that LED UV doesn’t work on plants like the UV from T5. A friend is suggesting I get T5 UV to truly get the benefits that light gives. Will see how it goes.

2BD8A038-0898-465D-AB3C-C0D977899237.jpeg

The Gorilla Glue from last harvest is all cured up now. Smokes so nice too. Runs out fast tho. Can’t wait to get these Maui’s in the 5x5. Just need to setup the Fan + Filter and the other QB boards and they can move in.

Enjoy the Day Gang :ganjamon:

New 5x5 tent is up now
8CCD91C8-D3A8-4C2D-88CF-A3654BB0925E.jpeg

Still have 4 more QB board to throw in here that are 4K to give a nice mix of diodes.

The bars are HLG60 supplemental lights. They are fairly new products. Not cheap so I hope they work well I paid $550 CAD with shipping for the pair. 60watts and come with a driver. 32 diodes. They have deep blue , red , far red and UV / IR.

I’ve been told that LED UV doesn’t work on plants like the UV from T5. A friend is suggesting I get T5 UV to truly get the benefits that light gives. Will see how it goes.

Enjoy the Day Gang :ganjamon:

Now thats a nice looking set-up, I truly want to move to either Syderx or OBs but still resisting
since I still have a life time supply of HID BULBS :rofl:

Anyway just wanted to say I use the T5 UVA/B bulbs and can say Without Doubt the T5s work great

Now thats a nice looking set-up, I truly want to move to either Syderx or OBs but still resisting
since I still have a life time supply of HID BULBS :rofl:

Anyway just wanted to say I use the T5 UVA/B bulbs and can say Without Doubt the T5s work great

The reasons I stayed away from Spydrx is the cost firstly. And second the fixture is meant to be ran very close to the tops. Even with the same strains I don’t run clones abd so far it’s all from seed. So the pheno types differ and plant heights can differ in my grows by around 8-12inches. With the 5x5 the main Light will be sorta stuck at a height but the bars and extra 4 QB boards will all be able to be adjusted individually. I think this will give this setup a edge over a fixture like the Spydrx.

Cost however is even more for this setup.
$1500 CAD for the HLG550. $550 for the Bars. And $400 for the 65’s. So total is around $2500. Same shit as Spydrx really.

What brand are your UV T5’s Zoo? A buddy of mine uses them too and said they cost around $200-250 CAD. That would be for 4 bulbs and 2 ballasts.

Glad to know they work well tho thanks for the reassurance :ganjamon:

The reasons I stayed away from Spydrx is the cost firstly. And second the fixture is meant to be ran very close to the tops. Even with the same strains I don’t run clones abd so far it’s all from seed. So the pheno types differ and plant heights can differ in my grows by around 8-12inches. With the 5x5 the main Light will be sorta stuck at a height but the bars and extra 4 QB boards will all be able to be adjusted individually. I think this will give this setup a edge over a fixture like the Spydrx.

Cost however is even more for this setup.
$1500 CAD for the HLG550. $550 for the Bars. And $400 for the 65’s. So total is around $2500. Same shit as Spydrx really.

What brand are your UV T5’s Zoo? A buddy of mine uses them too and said they cost around $200-250 CAD. That would be for 4 bulbs and 2 ballasts.

Glad to know they work well tho thanks for the reassurance :ganjamon:

The ones I use are not a sponsor here but the name starts with Horti and ends in LUX
They are the T5 POWER VEG

i use the 2ft fixtures, gives more choice of location
anyway they can be used for 3 runs cost me 20 USD Each at my local grow shop
a bit less when I shop around. I do however purchase them 13 at a time since thats
the number I run in my tent

oh I replaced that Far-Red bulb with a Far-Red LED PUCK

Awesome thanks for the run down. Snazzy pics too. Wouldn’t expect any less from ya G :headbanger:

I will likely get a set soon. I like how with ur setup you can run each type of wavelength of light as custom as u want. Hopefully these Bars work out. They sure look cool just need to see how well they actually work now.

The puck is cool to and very in expensive. At the very least I was going to install one of those from Rapid $40 of something. Probably should have went that route paired with the UV T5’s :hmmmm: . Ah well live and learn.

Cheers Zoo, after my RO system is installed I might build a DIY auto watering system for the flowering tents. My brother in law owns his own fish aquarium buisness and is a great plumber. So I just need to tell him what I want and he will build it.

His fish tanks use auto dose equipment that drop little pills of minerals like calcium. Magnesium etc into a mixing res. From there it gets pumped to cycle into the tanks. He can do this for the grow aswell. Let’s say 1 tank TP. 1 tank has GE. It can pump accurate amounts down to ML into a mixing jug let’s say 5Gal bucket. Then once mixed with some tea. It could then carry that volume along to the tent. And split into 4 tubes via a hub. As long as the tubes are the same length and the pumping gets dialed in I could go this route. Maybe deliver 1gal to each saucer in flower of a mix. Then I can top water some more to each plant. If this works it will make my life easier.

Still thinking of ways to do auto foliars too. Maybe use some misting aero ponics gear and diy that into rings around the stalks of the plants like your auto drip watering.

So much to do and so little time though :passitleft:

Awesome thanks for the run down. Snazzy pics too. Wouldn’t expect any less from ya G :headbanger:

I will likely get a set soon. I like how with ur setup you can run each type of wavelength of light as custom as u want. Hopefully these Bars work out. They sure look cool just need to see how well they actually work now.

The puck is cool to and very in expensive. At the very least I was going to install one of those from Rapid $40 of something. Probably should have went that route paired with the UV T5’s :hmmmm: . Ah well live and learn.

Cheers Zoo, after my RO system is installed I might build a DIY auto watering system for the flowering tents. My brother in law owns his own fish aquarium buisness and is a great plumber. So I just need to tell him what I want and he will build it.

His fish tanks use auto dose equipment that drop little pills of minerals like calcium. Magnesium etc into a mixing res. From there it gets pumped to cycle into the tanks. He can do this for the grow aswell. Let’s say 1 tank TP. 1 tank has GE. It can pump accurate amounts down to ML into a mixing jug let’s say 5Gal bucket. Then once mixed with some tea. It could then carry that volume along to the tent. And split into 4 tubes via a hub. As long as the tubes are the same length and the pumping gets dialed in I could go this route. Maybe deliver 1gal to each saucer in flower of a mix. Then I can top water some more to each plant. If this works it will make my life easier.

Still thinking of ways to do auto foliars too. Maybe use some misting aero ponics gear and diy that into rings around the stalks of the plants like your auto drip watering.

So much to do and so little time though :passitleft:

Your auto water idea sound Awsome

Since you noticed my Slow auto water system in my journal, I wanted to point out
I like to run it 1 min on 5 minutes off to allow the Water to WICK into the soil slowly. I can get
much more water in that way before the Run-off

Auto Foliar Idea I was working on before it got sidetracked

They make those small inline
misters for your garden, I was thinking of installing them IN the SCROG net side tubing,
would be the perfect Height position during flower. they can also be mounted in
the soil could also hook them up to a HUMIDITY source to force the Humidity out closer
to the girls ?

But until than

Auto Foliar would be handy for sure. I like the idea of misters in your Scrog tubing. 4 misters that have a nice spread might do a decent job.

Totally agree on the rinsing maybe just remove the hub and tubes once finished and pop it all in the laundry washtub. Pass warm water through it and let it dry for next use ?

Hola amigo. Let's grow some weed!

Your plants can stay in the 1 gal for a long time. It really depends on what you want to do. Obviously they will be wanting a lot of attention the longer they go, but increased dunk frequency and good air flow and you'll be good. I also get worried about soil energy as plants go longer in small pots and tend to increase (slightly) the concentration of my dunks.

Hola amigo. Let's grow some weed!

Your plants can stay in the 1 gal for a long time. It really depends on what you want to do. Obviously they will be wanting a lot of attention the longer they go, but increased dunk frequency and good air flow and you'll be good. I also get worried about soil energy as plants go longer in small pots and tend to increase (slightly) the concentration of my dunks.

Hey there Gov :passitleft: thanks for stopping by and the good advice! Yep just finding that out now about caring for them for longer times. For clones in 5.5 inch sq pots and these 1Gals.

Enjoy the weekend amigo :Namaste:

Howdy Gang , finally had a little more extra time to install the Fan + Filter and 4000k QBs.

I ran all lights for 1 hour. The 550 being ran at only 50%. So 240watts. Total watts was 600 dimmed. Temps was the test value. They peaked at 84.2f. Higher then I would like but not bad considering all drivers are in the tent. With some fans and the exhaust going I’m hoping to keep max temps at 81. Ideally at 78-79 so I can have the option to turn the 550 up 240 more watts if needed. This was with no fans and all but 1 tent port closed up.

Here’s what the tent looks like with all the lights. Still need to tidy up some cables and order more ratchet hangers from Zon. Then add the 6inch dryer ducting to complete the Fan and filter.

FC82353D-9A6F-4BD3-A8CB-4DFC1C3BE8B7.jpeg

Can’t wait to get the Maui’s in here and flowering. Have a great day Gang, going to soak up a little autumn sun wise it’s shining. :cool:

Howdy Gang , finally had a little more extra time to install the Fan + Filter and 4000k QBs.

I ran all lights for 1 hour. The 550 being ran at only 50%. So 240watts. Total watts was 600 dimmed. Temps was the test value. They peaked at 84.2f.

:yummy::cheer::yummy:
How many Total WATTS in light (all lights) are you pulling from the wall ? Just curious :goodjob:

Is the 600w all of them together

:yummy::cheer::yummy:
How many Total WATTS in light (all lights) are you pulling from the wall ? Just curious :goodjob:

Is the 600w all of them together

The 550 3K diodes are @ 240w. Max is 480w
The two bars are 60w each.
Each 65 board is 60watts so 240w in 4K diodes.

So currently 240+240+120 = 600w together
Max should be 840w.

I don’t have a killawatt meter but it should be pretty close to those figures.

Cheers G!

The 550 3K diodes are @ 240w. Max is 480w
The two bars are 60w each.
Each 65 board is 60watts so 240w in 4K diodes.

So currently 240+240+120 = 600w together
Max should be 840w.

I don’t have a killawatt meter but it should be pretty close to those figures.

Cheers G!

Wow thats really a doable number :thanks:
Damn :idea:

Back
Top Bottom