Wrenn’s Grow: Maui Waui By Nirvana Seeds & Lemon Kush Headband By HSO In DBHBB

Hi Wrenn, good morning! I've got some catching up to do and i see your plants is doing fabulous! Nice work on that even canopy :thumb:

Morning Limp.:ciao: Thanks brotha :high-five: the Maui’s got good LST the whole grow so it’s paying off now.

Cheers my dude and have a awesome day eh :ganjamon:

I've grown those Maui from Nirvana before and I remember mine having a structure like yours. Your really going to enjoy the smoke. It's really nice! Good job with them Ken :thumb:

That’s awesome Dank do u recall how it smoked? I’m getting crazy tropical fruit smells from the tent now. Haven’t activated the exhaust yet. Once I remedy the back Maui’s that aren’t that happy I will begin to increase the main light about 10-20watts each time. Temps will rise and I will offset that with the exhaust being on. I’m fine with it off and no increase in light aswell. Current watts is 600 from the wall. And temps are consistently 78-81 max daytime and night 70-72 so I’m I’m happy with those figures.

I’ve heard a bunch of good reviews on these MW’s by Nirvana. So far I ain’t complaining. They also clone very easily.
Although I think I will not be cloning soon and just growing from seed. Clones are a major time sink and hard to keep up with. I also like to vacation and spend weekends away from our home. Since having rooted clones I wasn’t able to do that. If I had a auto watering system I could get by for a weekend, currently I would need to recruit a baby sitter.

Thanks for the kind words. Trying my best with the picky girls! Have a great day Dank:passitleft:

Ken....have u tried giving that one a bit of SO with Brix yet?

No I haven’t I was worried I was over feeding so that drove me to not give anything more. Do you think that would help the slight yellowing / rusting up top of that one ? If so I can give them some tonight or tomm. They haven’t had Brix in 10days. I was waiting till 14days.

The Maui’s all have gotten the first Cat now and I mixed those at 5ml Cat to 2ml tea with 2 Gal RO for each pot. If that helps the timeline any.

Here is some shots of other growers MW By Nirvana that got me to purchase a pack.

4E50E793-85BA-490E-9699-FDAC9061130B.jpeg

E3676FEC-83C8-4636-9731-CB94094F710E.jpeg

3E7E36CD-B7FA-4E92-9D4E-C38E7CB981C6.jpeg

I would try now .....dont forget to mix it at 25% to total Brix ok.
That plant still looks very good so dunno wat it will do.
Only spray the SO max two times over about 2 weeks ok.
Also. Dont expect to see any improvement over night ok....it may take a week or so before u notice any change.....uf u do at all so.
Its snowing here now man....bahh.

I would try now .....dont forget to mix it at 25% to total Brix ok.
That plant still looks very good so dunno wat it will do.
Only spray the SO max two times over about 2 weeks ok.
Also. Dont expect to see any improvement over night ok....it may take a week or so before u notice any change.....uf u do at all so.
Its snowing here now man....bahh.

Thank you for the suggestion brotha!

I can mix that up and give it to the back Maui’s later tonight. I just don’t know if that little bit of SO will help much. I usually mix Brix at 2.5ml ish to 75ml RO. At that rate I’d only be using 0.75ml. That’s enough volume to Brix 2 Maui’s. Either way I have to do something and I’d be happy for them to stay at this leaf health. I just know they have 5 or so more weeks to go so I don’t wanna mess them up this early.

@Doc Bud any suggestions ?:smokin:

Also, I used to see a lot of microbial life in the saucers when I bottom fed. Since my 1st and second kit grows this has pretty much vanished.... is this something I should want to correct or is this normal ? I liked to see the Royal Rumble’s in the saucers..:passitleft:

I know a lot of Kit growers are doing well in later runs of soil but from what I have seen typically first runs look the most “on track” and healthy. I’d imagine it’s just the users lack of overall knowledge and inability to make the right amendments , storage , enviro, water content in the soil bins that leads to this. Also Organic Matter build up. Too much EWC etc etc. I just want to make sure I’m doing what I can to have the best kit soil I can for my girls.

I’d love to see a thread solely on mixing DBHBB soil and recepies on 2/3/4/5+ runs for different kinds of strains. A nice chart would be quite useful.

Damn snow keeps squalling here too. Then sunny... your right the wind is gusting just enough to curse...stay warm friends.:nomo:

That’s awesome Dank do u recall how it smoked? I’m getting crazy tropical fruit smells from the tent now. Haven’t activated the exhaust yet. Once I remedy the back Maui’s that aren’t that happy I will begin to increase the main light about 10-20watts each time. Temps will rise and I will offset that with the exhaust being on. I’m fine with it off and no increase in light aswell. Current watts is 600 from the wall. And temps are consistently 78-81 max daytime and night 70-72 so I’m I’m happy with those figures.

I’ve heard a bunch of good reviews on these MW’s by Nirvana. So far I ain’t complaining. They also clone very easily.
Although I think I will not be cloning soon and just growing from seed. Clones are a major time sink and hard to keep up with. I also like to vacation and spend weekends away from our home. Since having rooted clones I wasn’t able to do that. If I had a auto watering system I could get by for a weekend, currently I would need to recruit a baby sitter.

Thanks for the kind words. Trying my best with the picky girls! Have a great day Dank:passitleft:
The ones I had were a nice balanced high with a fruity earthy flavor. Very strong and long lasting. A lot like mw I tried 35 years ago. It was a real treat :)

The ones I had were a nice balanced high with a fruity earthy flavor. Very strong and long lasting. A lot like mw I tried 35 years ago. It was a real treat :)

Sounds like a winner to me! I can’t wait! I have had the luck to try some authentic Maui Wowie from Oahu a few years ago. A friend of mine used to send me smoke every year and it was really tasty and enjoyable. She is a Hawaiian and knows a lot about the traditions and culture and native tongue, I can’t wait to send her some of this if it makes it to her. Dang customs are more of an issue these days

I’ve read others commending Nirvana on their MW saying the same thing that it is very similar to the old school produce. Sometimes I wish I was older to have been around in those times.

Id like to try Kona Gold aswell and Acapulco Gold too. ACE just came out with some Fems of that sounds I might grab a pack.

Well one more work location to end the day and it’s home time :slide:

Have a good day Brotha Dank :headbanger:

Howdy all just wanted to share some
Pics of the girls over the last week. I’ll get some better pictures tonight once the lights come on.

Maui Waui @ Day 31 of 12/12.

789F8AD3-4CD8-4F56-BC20-A8B633AC8749.jpeg

They have been loving life the last few days. Thank you for the advice on the Snake Oil + Brix Doog’s & Doc. :high-five:

I am still seeing some purple veins and that rust / fading on the tops. I will give them the SO+ Brix one more time. Then back to regular Brix till the end.

Is there anything I could do with the TP or GE aswell to help with their condition ?

They are due for Water next. Then GE+water.

9F5505D8-E931-4C55-8D49-570CC9A1C285.jpeg

The smells are great. Sweet carrots. Honey dew melon. Flowers. Mangos.

7D98DDC0-F72E-4BE2-9609-B69F17006193.jpeg

Here is some of that purple vein / petiole and leaf tips are burnt a bit. Fussy one for sure. My 5x5 sits on the carpet. I think under the carpet is a thin layer of padding. Not much else before concrete though. I think I will slip some insulation boards under the saucers inside the tent. I have a few pieces that are R5 rated. About 1.5 inch thick. Should help if the roots are cold any. Lows in the tent are 70-72 but these I’ve read like it warm

314A6644-464D-4729-BE15-ED95FD042BD3.jpeg

Starting to see some orange hairs now.

235ECD4F-6C93-4053-A481-549C82A22E88.jpeg

78F9FB67-0F20-4395-B747-D5D5EBB98538.jpeg

This is MW4 the young Maui. She’s so healthy and smells so good. Also has the most trichomes. I’ve got a bunch of these clones and they take so well. They hardly fret when all the GG4 clones are pissed.

01F5F53F-31F3-4532-AABA-B77F6324238A.jpeg

MW4 seeing the Purple Veins here too. She will get a dose of the SO/Brix back to back. She hasn’t had any yet.

9C0BF35F-7F5E-42A9-93CC-99087C92B54E.jpeg

Here’s the Lemon Kush at day 28 of flower. Very healthy and no purple veins. These got SO/Brix twice recently. Frost is coming out now. Second cats are happening this week. Nice Lemony smells too.

That’s all I got for now Gang. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Friends:green_heart:

Howdy all just wanted to share some
Pics of the girls over the last week. I’ll get some better pictures tonight once the lights come on.

Maui Waui @ Day 31 of 12/12.

789F8AD3-4CD8-4F56-BC20-A8B633AC8749.jpeg

They have been loving life the last few days. Thank you for the advice on the Snake Oil + Brix Doog’s & Doc. :high-five:

I am still seeing some purple veins and that rust / fading on the tops. I will give them the SO+ Brix one more time. Then back to regular Brix till the end.

Is there anything I could do with the TP or GE aswell to help with their condition ?

They are due for Water next. Then GE+water.

9F5505D8-E931-4C55-8D49-570CC9A1C285.jpeg

The smells are great. Sweet carrots. Honey dew melon. Flowers. Mangos.

7D98DDC0-F72E-4BE2-9609-B69F17006193.jpeg

Here is some of that purple vein / petiole and leaf tips are burnt a bit. Fussy one for sure. My 5x5 sits on the carpet. I think under the carpet is a thin layer of padding. Not much else before concrete though. I think I will slip some insulation boards under the saucers inside the tent. I have a few pieces that are R5 rated. About 1.5 inch thick. Should help if the roots are cold any. Lows in the tent are 70-72 but these I’ve read like it warm

314A6644-464D-4729-BE15-ED95FD042BD3.jpeg

Starting to see some orange hairs now.

235ECD4F-6C93-4053-A481-549C82A22E88.jpeg

78F9FB67-0F20-4395-B747-D5D5EBB98538.jpeg

This is MW4 the young Maui. She’s so healthy and smells so good. Also has the most trichomes. I’ve got a bunch of these clones and they take so well. They hardly fret when all the GG4 clones are pissed.

01F5F53F-31F3-4532-AABA-B77F6324238A.jpeg

MW4 seeing the Purple Veins here too. She will get a dose of the SO/Brix back to back. She hasn’t had any yet.

9C0BF35F-7F5E-42A9-93CC-99087C92B54E.jpeg

Here’s the Lemon Kush at day 28 of flower. Very healthy and no purple veins. These got SO/Brix twice recently. Frost is coming out now. Second cats are happening this week. Nice Lemony smells too.

That’s all I got for now Gang. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Friends:green_heart:
looking good bud a little thrip action I see little fuggars good luck bud! :)

Thanks for the heads up Sticky & G. I will get down there and loupe the Maui’s to see if there is any thrips. I searched them up and I can see where Sticky is coming from. The rear Maui’s have discolouration a bit on some fans. I am hoping this isn’t the case and it’s something else. Those Maui’s at the back had the weird 2 face fans aswell. Where a fan leaf was literally all yellow on one half and the rest a good green. It was unusual.

Back
Top Bottom