Wrenn’s Grow: Maui Waui By Nirvana Seeds & Lemon Kush Headband By HSO In DBHBB

@Duggan - I got a case of Stella’s with your name on it and some goodies since you wanna bail me out of trim jail bud :rofl:

6F8CC4FB-3A27-4E44-94F2-B51A758E079E.jpeg

wink wink. Nudge nudge

A wink is as good as a nudge to a blind bat. Know what I mean? :rofl::rofl:

Neil over at PS lights kindly sponsored me a PS Mini

Awesome! Glad he hooked you up! He is a great guy. I also love my lights Goliath 1.0 even though it weighs like 50lbs, the site says 37 but it feels heavier and Max Yield which he gifted me.

:passitleft:

A wink is as good as a nudge to a blind bat. Know what I mean? :rofl::rofl:

Awesome! Glad he hooked you up! He is a great guy. I also love my lights Goliath 1.0 even though it weighs like 50lbs, the site says 37 but it feels heavier and Max Yield which he gifted me.

:passitleft:

:rofl: :rofl: love me some Monty Python!

Ya I the Goliath is a beast and I bet it’s still a really good light. The V2 looks dope it has newer Osram diodes aswell. Pfft 37lb my ass. Max Yield is likely 30+. I want the Max because I’m going to UG my 3x3 to a 4x4 and I like the COBs that are integrated. Used to drool over the Ps CoB before that Max came out. Have you ever checked with a light meter how the Max Yield does in your 4x4? I’m interested in how evenly it lays down the light.

Neil is a great guy. I’d be happy to purchase more of his lights they are top notch and he backs his products. They also look very nice. The Goliath V2 is fanless. Nice to see he is pushing away from fans with the newer lights using newer diodes.

Thanks for stopping by Brotha Ween & hope you have a nice evening :ganjamon:

Glad to stumble across this thread. I have grown out a lot of nirvana product and have had consistent results with them. Always wondered how the Maui waui grew out.

Hey there Sam welcome to my grow. Glad to have you come along aswell. I can now attest to your findings and I’m very pleased with Nirvana’s MW. They are not going to disappoint. 100% germ rate on 4/4. Awesome smells. Heavy yields. And they aren’t taking that long to finish. They say 9weeks in flower. And I bet they finish very close to that. I’ll be dropping more pics later tonight before bed. I invite you to follow along if and when you can. Thanks again for stopping by and sharing your exp with Nirvana’s Beans.

Enjoy the night Brotha:passitleft:

That's a hell of a trim party :headbanger: looking killer in the garden ken. How'd you get so many moms:laugh: clones off of clones? I ask because I plan to take clones and attempt to keep them long term:passitleft:

Well your all invited to come:ganjamon: Thank you sir! I grew the Glue last time and got 16 clones to root 4 from each pheno. 2 May have been the same they looked similar structure but they had different aromas. Then those got quite big in 5x5 inch square pots. They get hard to keep healthy after around 6-8 weeks. Thirsty little buggers. Every 24 hrs they need more once they fill the pot with roots. I finally upcanned 4 of them to keep that grew the best after clone. And I liked all the phenos lol so really hard to pick one. Just wanted more glue :headbanger: I gave a bunch of those away and left me with 8 bigger clones that I may keep 4 of for the longer term. Recently I clipped them back and took 32 more clones off :slide: Basically cut half the tops off and left just small new sites and scored the roots upcanned to 3 Gal pots. I’m hoping they are nice in 30-45 days when I can fit them into a tent. That’s the plan anyway. Also got Maui clones everywhere. I will eventually stop the cloning and just grow seed to harvest every run. I’d rather have 2 plants in the 2x4 with 2 ten Gal pots then taking care of all those clones.

But yeah you can clip and prep them for cloning. I use peat moss pellets. And a propagation dome with 50 cells. A heat mat and the temp controller. Under 1 or 2 23watt Curly CFL 6500k bulbs. They sit 2-3 inches above the dome lid.

Clip @ 45 degrees with a clean sharp blade. Clean remove the foliage except the tops. Sometimes I leave a bit more at mid area and it works fine. Apply clone X gel or similar product with a swab. And insert into the peat pellet gently. I try to make sure clonex gel is evenly covering the inner part of the pellet. I also shave the bottom inch of skin off each cutting.

The dome and mat together with the cfl will do well. I sit them in this for 10 days and usually start seeing roots as early as day 7-8. After 2 weeks they come out and into 5x5 square pots. Kit soil of course. Then they will be able to live in here happily for around 6-8 more weeks before they are 3.5ft tall + and falling all over. Glue has weak stems. Especially if the plant is taller and has many lateral branches like these do. Anyhow that’s about 2-3 months ur looking at. Ideally upcan them at 6-8 weeks from clipping them. Then ur good for a while longer. In a 1/2/3 Gal pot u could keep a plant going for a long time. Eventually just cut back the root ball a bit. The top you can veg her out again.

I haven’t flowered any of these cuts out as of yet so will have to see how good they go through the run. Got my fingers crossed they are as good as before or close to it.

Ok I’ll stop rambling on lol pic time:)

Lemon Kush Head Band @ Day 44 :ganjamon:

C2AAA8E7-7C49-4DC3-8C5D-4C255A4A95DC.jpeg

EAB7A5E6-C49C-402A-B369-EB73980ADDE8.jpeg

0430FA17-E5B4-4C0B-96E5-F5FC13F294E3.jpeg

EE80F7AA-E57F-4373-9F6B-3F7B71819954.jpeg

8890C6BE-ED95-4B81-B8D7-5BF290273457.jpeg

6F93FFB5-B01D-48C9-8BC3-10973A3506E4.jpeg

B5DE8FBF-1A5A-416E-BB22-8C729C49E913.jpeg

E776BF87-221B-4400-A7BC-B8D9FE1E66B1.jpeg

BB29A9EF-7EE3-41BA-80ED-05BB2977011A.jpeg

The girls are loving the new PS Mini. This 3x3 now has around 400w from the wall so Hoping for some nice bud swell with the next GE drink coming up in the next day or two.

Cheers Gang off to watch a movie with the Mrs. Have a great night all!

Morning Gang :nomo: Another day in paradise.... Notttt. Woke up to a balmy -10c. More snow squalls. Should warm up but I don’t trust the weather man one bit.

Rain coming in tomm and high of 7 and 9 for Sat. Good for the garden. RH has been low. Night temps like 68 also. Don’t need anything under that.

Ive been taking so many pics of the Maui’s. Here’s the latest. I’m using HLG60 supplemental bar LEDs. They run approx 60watt and have some deep blue diodes at around 435nm. And about 25-30 in red , deep red and far red. I believe these are making my girls finish up a little quicker. Nirvana says 9 weeks in bloom. From 12/12 it’s been Approx 46-47 days so 7weeks about. And these girls are quickly approaching the harvest window. I could take them in 7-14days. I will be hoping to get two more GE+tea drinks in as a finisher. With Water+tea in between.

Ok to the Batcave... I mean 5x5:ganjamon:

8FB75951-CDC2-4DA2-A5F3-DAEF90BD0EB5.jpeg

809BCB81-B9A8-43BC-8895-07131459222E.jpeg

548DF713-32B5-4C06-8374-F3FA515FA6D7.jpeg

7FBC70A9-DEC3-42C0-8248-8D4C65C4AC2E.jpeg

9D98D1BF-54AC-4620-B897-FEE87B4533E7.jpeg

844700F3-565A-460A-8B72-68276D234A48.jpeg

7EC2CA57-AF8D-43D9-827C-95276EEEB204.jpeg

D6161DEC-9055-466F-8188-DB3D90B2963D.jpeg

A45DB8F1-82F6-4088-B90E-DDD22F8E614E.jpeg

5F61740D-846C-4F6B-A8BC-DD040B16F329.jpeg

This young Maui is so nice i think I will take her out next watering for a photo shoot and enter into POTM. Thanks Ween for the idea. Have a great day Gang gotta get some work done:passitleft:

Hey there Sam welcome to my grow. Glad to have you come along aswell. I can now attest to your findings and I’m very pleased with Nirvana’s MW. They are not going to disappoint. 100% germ rate on 4/4. Awesome smells. Heavy yields. And they aren’t taking that long to finish. They say 9weeks in flower. And I bet they finish very close to that. I’ll be dropping more pics later tonight before bed. I invite you to follow along if and when you can. Thanks again for stopping by and sharing your exp with Nirvana’s Beans.

Enjoy the night Brotha:passitleft:

I agree that most have finished around the time they state, I grew an amnesia haze last grow (along with their sour diesel, raspberry cough and blue dream). That plant was predominately sativa and took every bit of 13 weeks before I took her down. She still had some clear trichomes while most were cloudy with very few ambers so check the trichs for the real story on where they are knowing that some heavy sativa leaning hybrids never fully turn amber.

This picture was at 11 weeks of the amnesia trichs.

Amnesia Haze 2.jpg

This was getting towards the end of my last grow. This was in a 4X4 and it was pretty full at 9 weeks.

Tent 12-30-2018.jpg

So far I have grown out the following from them.

AK48 - Very bushy, short plant. Uplifting happy buzz.

Amnesia Haze - Taller plant, Huge yield if let go full term, Great all around high with a very high ceiling on the high.

Blue Dream - I think this was a different pheno than most. Plant never got very big, medium yield and good solid medicated high.

Girl Scout Cookies - Shorter plant, heavy yield, great taste and high

Jock Horror - Taller plant, good yield, I took her a little early so her high was a little racy and intense at first then settled down.

Northern lights - Taller plant, good yield, High was average for the strain. Have seen some monsters grown by others though. I grew this one on my first grow so take that into account.

Raspberry Cough - Medium to tall thin plant. higher leaf to bud ratio. Decent, medium yield. High is sativa upbeat with a unique taste.

Sour diesel - Medium to tall plant, very heavy yield and loaded with trichs. Old school high, not overwhelming but still strong.

White Widow - Short, bushy plant, Very high yield, very firm and consistent buds, very good potency.

I have also had great results from Sensi and Green house seed company.

Wow that’s almost the full lineup! Thanks for sharing all those nice descriptions on the strains Sam. I’d like to try something else from them in the future. GSC and the White Widow got my attention.

I have been checking trichomes with a x60 loupe all week. I’m seeing some ambers but they are only on the tips of the sugar leafs and that’s only on the top colas. No amber at all in the calyx’s up there or anywhere lower.

Hoping to harvest them in 2 weeks or so at around day 60. I did see pistils before the flip so yeah I’ll let the trichomes tell me when to take them.

Cheers Sam

Wow that’s almost the full lineup! Thanks for sharing all those nice descriptions on the strains Sam. I’d like to try something else from them in the future. GSC and the White Widow got my attention.

I have been checking trichomes with a x60 loupe all week. I’m seeing some ambers but they are only on the tips of the sugar leafs and that’s only on the top colas. No amber at all in the calyx’s up there or anywhere lower.

Hoping to harvest them in 2 weeks or so at around day 60. I did see pistils before the flip so yeah I’ll let the trichomes tell me when to take them.

Cheers Sam

Both of those strains I will be growing out again as they yielded so well and the end product was potent.

Good luck with your harvest. It's going to be a good one, although I hope you have some help taking them down. :)

Both of those strains I will be growing out again as they yielded so well and the end product was potent.

Good luck with your harvest. It's going to be a good one, although I hope you have some help taking them down. :)

Ya no doubt that 4x4 looks stacked. Nice work bud :bravo:

Thank you it looks good so far and I’m hoping to have 3-4 helpers but if I have to i would do it solo:headbanger:

Cheers Sam hope ya have a nice day :ganjamon:

Howdy Gang & Happy Friday :ganjamon: :yahoo:

Loving this warmer temps. Supposed to rain 50-65mm in Southern Ontario over this weekend so the low RH factor should go away for a little.

Here’s some more shots of the Mauis @ Day 47 end of week 7.

1C40E25B-57BD-479C-9676-869F1E0BE4FE.jpeg

Young Maui waiting patiently for her next drink. Oh she’s so purdyy :battingeyelashes:

2477FAE7-5563-48AD-8C3A-6379652EB71E.jpeg

Here is the girl with the burnt up fans. She faded earliest and had the fastest pistils and bud set to show. The colas look and smell fantastic. Dense too:cool:

239F3DA1-6C9F-48C7-AD38-0BCEDADFDB2F.jpeg

Tent shot. Can’t wait till next run in 15gal

D8E064E1-CAF2-4798-907F-C72C118819E7.jpeg

Front right plant looking into the tent. She’s a beast. Got 3 Yoyo’s up now for her. C’mon baby bulk up a bit more now :smokin:

41D09E97-CE7D-49BC-B0B6-59DDC3C0A9A9.jpeg

She smells so good too. Mid canopy bud. Nice golf ball sized nuggets.

E5945497-A4D6-4EC8-B0A2-FA8E580DABDF.jpeg

ACF20694-0784-466D-B72D-9AA76FDDAB15.jpeg

With two more GE drinks in the works I’m hoping for a nice final swell.

F290B0D9-26BE-41DF-94A6-7AE2D3AF1CB8.jpeg

Also broke out a Xmas gift from my dear wife. Loving this little Enail. I can’t wait to press some GG4 and Maui Going to be a tasty treat. :drool:

Have a great day Gang :ganjamon:

:passitleft: Mornin Ken
Lovin the look of things over at your place.U did a great job LSTing them .The even canopy and great plant structure tell the tale.
Enjoy the day bud......and ya...lovin this rain. If it was colder we would all be shoveling for days and days...pfft!....Cheers.

Morning Brotha Doog’s :nomo: Thanks my friend I learned my lesson on the first few grows. Going to be a LST nazi from here on out haha.

Yes sir! Pfft I didn’t even shovel the last dumping. Hope you guys don’t get much freezing rain over the weekend I heard anything Kitchener and North has a shot for some.

My brother in law is coming by tonight to finally drop off my 65gal Glass fish tank. Using it as a Rez for my RO system. Hopefully we will have it setup by the end of the day. Gotta drill the tank and install the fittings and all that fun stuff.

Also he’s going to sort my electrical out. Label all outlets etc. And see if we can setup another dedicated 15A circuit just for the 5x5 to draw from. Can’t wait till that’s all sorted.

Have a great day bud. Cheers!:passitleft:

Very awesome Ken.
I feel bad for not getting to your place to sort that shit out for ya.
Just a tip......back in 1987 i used to use an old water softener brine tank as my res.
I built a wooden frame for it to sit on(about 24 inches off the floor).....fitted a shut off (spigot) to it at the bottom , attached a garden hose length and a valve.......bingo...enough water in there for weeks and weeks...gravity fed...worked perfect... ..just a thought. :ganjamon: cheers my friend.

Very awesome Ken.
I feel bad for not getting to your place to sort that shit out for ya.
Just a tip......back in 1987 i used to use an old water softener brine tank as my res.
I built a wooden frame for it to sit on(about 24 inches off the floor).....fitted a shut off (spigot) to it at the bottom , attached a garden hose length and a valve.......bingo...enough water in there for weeks and weeks...gravity fed...worked perfect... ..just a thought. :ganjamon: cheers my friend.

Bah don’t bud ur a busy guy ya know. If I was shit out of luck for help I might have asked. Appreciate it though and glad I can ask you about things if I do have problems.

That’s a great idea. I dig the DiY aspect. I bet it would work well. My brother in law convinced me Glass was the way to go. He has lots of plastic rez’s that already had the float and spout installed but he mentioned that with any kind of plastic. ABS. PVC etc that bacteria will form over time without any agent like Z7 etc. He said glass is better and that we will cut a foam board to size as a lid. And make it air tight. My current garden requires about 20-25gal a week at peak flowering to keep all the girls happy so I’m super pumped to get this all setup.

The fish tank stand is power coated black and looks nice too. Lol him being a fish tank guy immediately wanted me to do aquaponics. One day I would love to try that out in a nice size Greenhouse.

Anyhow I better get moving. Gotta beat some of this 401 traffic! Cheers my friend :slide:

I hope you or he has experience drilling glass. Not sure if the panel side or bottom is tempered or not. If it is they are a bitch. I run salt water tanks and most of use use polyethylene or polypropylene barrels for RO and salt mixing. Most of the guys I know do exactly what Duggan did. Build a platform for the main holding tank and spigot the bottom.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Plants look killer. I love this time in the grow. I get impatient about it but it's a good feeling to open that tent and look in there at those beautiful plants.

The weight may surprise you if those mid level buds are hard little buds. On that 4x4 grow I showed you I got some really good numbers.

Back
Top Bottom