Wrenn's Grow: x4 HSO Raspberry Diesel In DBHBB 10/2018

:drool::drool::high-five::bravo::yahoo:

Very impressive Wrenn! Look forward tho seeing them under more natural lights!

:passitleft:

Thanks Ween! :passitleft:

Will test out some secondary lighting for pics or use my cousins SLR!

With your Max Yield , does the pictures look as purple as mine ? Or is it more white ?

Howdy gang :ciao:

Garden Update , Flip +47

Hope that wasn’t too much pictures :cheesygrinsmiley: I got a little carried away!

Buds are fattening up quite well. I’m turning the pots every watering a 1/3 rotation. Sucks not having a even light distribution #growgoals!

Loving the fall like colours with these Raspberries. They also smell a fair bit but the little 4 inch carbon scrubber is doing a pretty good job at 60% speed.

Trichomes were mostly all cloudy. But not milky white just a bit frosty. Will try and let them ride it out for a couple more weeks.

Hoping to get 2 more GE+Tea feeds into the girls.

Hope everyone is having a good night. Cheers :passitleft::ganjamon:

Nice Ken, really nice and healthy,..no fade, shiny , On the home stretch for nice harvest....:high-five:

Thanks Duggs, :high-five::slide:Still on cruise control :hookah:

Not long now. Checked trichomes the other day with my shitty little x60 loupe I snagged on Amazon a few years ago for $15. I need to get a new USB scope that works with my phone soon. $50-70 though so it’ll have to wait.

Sorry for the horrible quality. I was trying my best to line up the little bugger to my phones camera. Almost lost my shit o_O

Top colas have some ambers and sugar leafs up there. Everywhere else that isn’t directly getting the most light is 80% Cloudy 20% Clear. Most Clear is down low.

Currently on day 57 or 58 so HSO writes 63-68 for these. Should be pretty close.

I’m curious how you guys are drying and curing. I had a decent dry last harvest and cure. But after months and months of storage in big jars. I think the jars either didn’t seal 100% every time I open / closed. OR the sheer volume of openings slowly sapped humidity in the buds away until they were just dry. Smells left. Potency left. The smoke was garbage. Rewind months before it was very good. Nice smells etc.

I’m paranoid about this happening again so I got a vacuum sealer. Thinking of following Gazoo’s method of using the jars to burp off the last few %s of RH. Let the buds get to 62% and then vac seal em shut. I’ll do them in 1oz packets so I’m not breaking the seal on a large amount of nug.

Also I have brown paper bags and black garbage bags. I’ve seen a bunch of guys hang dry for a few days. Then use the paper bags filled with buds, put inside the black garbage bags and sealed. Supposed to draw moisture out of the buds evenly before curing in jars or air tight 5g buckets with the screw top lids.

Cheers guys not much to update yet. Buds looks pretty well the same. Will post some pics anyway though :Namaste:

Raspberries @ Day 58

Used some CFLs around to give a diff lighting. These were 2700K.

These were all from the biggest girl. She’s showing a lot of the Sour Diesel genes. Cheers guys :passitleft::green_heart:

Looking really nice Wrenn! This low and slow just happened to be in my clip board from pasting it in another journal earlier. See below. If you don't have an extra fridge or room in the main fridge you can hang in your tent, fans off, exhaust and intake fans on, temps around 65-70 rh from 50-60. Check frequently. It usually takes me 4-5 days before ready for the jar. You can use Boveda or boost 62% humidity packs for long term storage. Love low and slow though, got some in the fridge now.

For anyone that doesn't know about the low and slow method of drying, it's pretty easy. Chop, trim and wash as usual. Hang dry for about 4 hours then into paper bags and into the fridge. Each bag gets about 30 grams of wet bud, I've seen this number vary. You don't want the buds bunched up but rather laying flat in the bag so they can breath and dry. after 3 days open all the bags and move the buds around a little to make sure all sides are getting air, close bag and back in the fridge. Do this again in another 3 days and then you can just leave them until dry, 10-14 days, number can vary based on rh in fridge and size of buds. Note, if you don't have a dedicated fridge, food will take on the smell and taste of your weed. I'm using a mini fridge. After the 2 weeks or so, assuming your buds feel dry, throw them in jars with hygrometers (I got mine At a pet store in the reptile section) and check after a few hours, if the rh is over 70 back in the fridge for more drying and if 70 or below you can burp down to 62 and cure as usual, there are pros and cons to the boveda/boost humidity packs.

If you want to read more here is the thread, DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Looking really nice Wrenn! This low and slow just happened to be in my clip board from pasting it in another journal earlier. See below. If you don't have an extra fridge or room in the main fridge you can hang in your tent, fans off, exhaust and intake fans on, temps around 65-70 rh from 50-60. Check frequently. It usually takes me 4-5 days before ready for the jar. You can use Boveda or boost 62% humidity packs for long term storage. Love low and slow though, got some in the fridge now.

For anyone that doesn't know about the low and slow method of drying, it's pretty easy. Chop, trim and wash as usual. Hang dry for about 4 hours then into paper bags and into the fridge. Each bag gets about 30 grams of wet bud, I've seen this number vary. You don't want the buds bunched up but rather laying flat in the bag so they can breath and dry. after 3 days open all the bags and move the buds around a little to make sure all sides are getting air, close bag and back in the fridge. Do this again in another 3 days and then you can just leave them until dry, 10-14 days, number can vary based on rh in fridge and size of buds. Note, if you don't have a dedicated fridge, food will take on the smell and taste of your weed. I'm using a mini fridge. After the 2 weeks or so, assuming your buds feel dry, throw them in jars with hygrometers (I got mine At a pet store in the reptile section) and check after a few hours, if the rh is over 70 back in the fridge for more drying and if 70 or below you can burp down to 62 and cure as usual, there are pros and cons to the boveda/boost humidity packs.

If you want to read more here is the thread, DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Thanks Ween, I may just try it out. I haven’t been very happy with my drying and curing methods. It was just try to stabilize temp under 70 and Rh at 50-65. That’s as basic as it was. I hung the full plant. 6-7 days it was dry enough to trim up and jar up. Then just burp and add packet. Always saw 62 and then it went down slowly all the way to 50% which is bone dry basically. That was over 3 months of opening up. Taking a few grams or less of buds and closing a jar.

Thanks for sharing I have seen a bunch of the Brix gang talking about low and slow method. :Namaste: Good thing is I have all the items needed :slide::hookah:

:passitleft: Cheers Friend

Do you wash your buds? I've never hung a full plant, mostly because I need to chop up to fit in buckets. Something is up though, closed hats with Bovedas should stay right around 62.

No I have never washed. These raspberries are my first kit plants. I did it last time to extend the drying time. It helped but my poor control over the drying environment for just a few hrs at times seemed to be Where I could have done better on the intial drying part.

Yeah I thought it was weird all the gauges were 50-55%. Heck the basement is usually near that most of the year.

It was over some time though and repeated opening and closing of the jars. Just to grab a few buds though.

Just read a lot of the low and slow thread. Got carried away to about 10 other threads too haha look what you got me into :laugh::nomo:

Thanks ween I’ll probably test the gauges again and make sure they are still accurate then test the jars before using any with a piece of lettuce or something.

You're gonna love low and slow. I can't get enough of smelling the fridge, ha! :rofl: let me know if you need info on washing your buds.

Ya I bet I will lol I suck at those processes. Thanks and will do! I need to re read the low and slow so I have the steps down. Then I’ll post to go over if I understood them correctly. Cheers Brotha Ween !:passitleft: :Namaste:

Ya I bet I will lol I suck at those processes. Thanks and will do! I need to re read the low and slow so I have the steps down. Then I’ll post to go over if I understood them correctly. Cheers Brotha Ween !:passitleft::Namaste:
Really not much too it. Basically just throw your buds in a paper bag inside the fridge and rotate the bag so often and that's it. Then you jar or bag your buds.

Little tip tho, if it's an outdoor fridge may want to check daily in case the breaker trips, happened to me during a power outage. Whoops, didn't lose that much tho.

Really not much too it. Basically just throw your buds in a paper bag inside the fridge and rotate the bag so often and that's it. Then you jar or bag your buds.

Little tip tho, if it's an outdoor fridge may want to check daily in case the breaker trips, happened to me during a power outage. Whoops, didn't lose that much tho.

Cool I have an extra fridge in the basement it’s a full size one that has a frost free freezer. Couldn’t find anywhere inside the actual fridge that said frost free. I stuck a temp / Rh gauge inside and left it overnight. It read 30-35f temp and 20-25% RH :oops:. Next I will throw it in the crisper and check it tomm for the reading in there. I’d imagine with 4 plants in 7 Gal pots the sheer amount of wet bud in there would Up that RH a lot .... is this fridge okay to use ?

I also have a dorm mini fridge with a freezer. It’s only thigh high. This freezer is certainly not frost free I remember it having a massive chunk of ice I once had the joy of breaking out. It’s been cleaned and not in use for a year or so. Plugged it in and tossed another gauge inside. Will check that one also tomm. It has a crisper also but it’s very small. Not much bigger then a 12 sleeve case of soda pop.

Hopefully one of these will do. Don’t really want to buy another fridge lol. Also have a garage fridge but it’s old and nasty. Probably would need a fair bit of elbow grease to get it somewhat sanitary.

Thanks for the tips KB I’m excited to try the Low & Slow. Pretty much caught up with all the posts about it.

Got my paper bags , ball jars. Vacuum sealer for after cure. Cardboard boxes if needed. Shoe box size. And hopefully a useable fridge.

Going on vacation March 20th so I’m going to have to get my ass in gear to harvest and get this stuff all in a state where I can not be around for 7-8 days and not come back to a disaster.

Cheers KB

That full size basement fridge is perfect. Rh will go up with the buds in There but csn you set the temp? slightly higher temp will bring the rh up. I think around 50-60 is perfect. If it goes to high, say over 75, turn the temp down, should bring rh down. My 2 small girls are in jars, burping them down a little. They're at about 72. If it doesn't go down by tomorrow, back in the fridge.

My 2 BCPs just went in the fridge this weekend. Love the smell! :yummy:

Flip +
You're gonna love low and slow. I can't get enough of smelling the fridge, ha! :rofl: let me know if you need info on washing your buds.

For bud washing I picked up some pure baking soda @ Walmart.

And lemon juice it’s concentrated stuff.

I’ve seeb others using Hydrogen Peroxide but that’s not needed I think ?

That full size basement fridge is perfect. Rh will go up with the buds in There but csn you set the temp? slightly higher temp will bring the rh up. I think around 50-60 is perfect. If it goes to high, say over 75, turn the temp down, should bring rh down. My 2 small girls are in jars, burping them down a little. They're at about 72. If it doesn't go down by tomorrow, back in the fridge.

My 2 BCPs just went in the fridge this weekend. Love the smell! :yummy:

Alright awesome thanks Ween! It is a old one but works pretty good at keeping stuff cold and no moisture. I checked the gauge in the crisper after 8hrs now and it’s 48f and still 20% RH. Has me questioning the gauge but I think it’s within 5% of accurate. There is a dial that has letters on it in the fridge. A through G. Going to play with that and see how the gauge changes. This fridge is a Admiral and looks over 25 years old.

I love that BCP you guys are growing! Is it a Seedbank purchase or got it another way ? Looks sooo tasty!

Can’t wait to experiment with the Low and Slow. First HB Harvest coming right up !:party:

Howdy gang , hope everyone had a nice weekend :)!

Today marks Day 63 of flower. I’ve been checking the trichomes almost everyday and I believe I’m in the harvest window. Here’s one I had to water tonight. She is a nice pheno. Nice trichome/resin production and a great structure with good node spacing.

Good ol bamboo and ductape for this lady. She eventually started getting kinked stems from the Bud weight when moving her. Smells of pungent raspberry / cherry and Kush / hash. Decent amount of bud on her. Although some are smaller. She’s got some good yellowing / fade happening. She just got 1.25Gal with 6ml GE+ 0.5ml Tea. I am thinking I’ll cut her down soon. She is drinking just over a Gal every 4days. Trichomes are like 10% amber anywhere the light hits a lot. Lowers and mids are 80% cloudy 20% Clear.

Will see how the next few days go. I want to harvest them on GE drenches and that’s where they are right now. By the time they dry out it’ll be day 65+.

Cheers guys I will update once more and try to show the trichomes before the cut wash and hang. :green_heart::hookah:

Back
Top Bottom