Wtf?

RangerDanger

There's something I noticed over the years.
Example: I smoked some weed at a neighbor's house, who lived on the corner 1/2 block away. We smoked 1/3 of a joint of weed he grew out in the desert and I was so wasted that I got lost on the way home.
Even though I had lived on this same street for most of my adult life, each house I passed was unrecognizable. I didn't recognize any house until I got to mine.
I ended up buying almost a lb. of this weed (which me & my friends called Mean Green).
But each time I smoked it I got a little less stoned.
I mean I could get almost as high, but it took more and more.
By the end of a week of smoking nothing but, I could blaze an entire J by myself and still function. And I never got to the same level as the first time.
But then a few weeks later I was with a friend and smoked some of his "regular" weed.
And I got more stoned then I had been getting with the Kind.

And it's happened many times. I'll have some great weed but after awhile it seems like I "get used" to it or something. And then if I smoke something not as potent I'll get blasted.

Have you experienced this and why do you think that is?

I thought I was the only person that experienced this. I will sometimes trade with a friend and his shit does not look or taste nearly as good as mine but man does it mess my head up.
Different stone?

Funny you mentioned it. It just happened to me a couple hours ago.

No meds, but a friend dropped a present by. He buys medium grade smoke, but we both got nice and stoned. I was pleasantly surprised.

I think we build up a tolerance if we smoke alot of the same stuff. It's happened to me many times.

Thats the wonderful thing about the co-ops, you always have a choice.

Yeah you definetly want some variety when it come to smoking. Thats why I rarely will buy over a 1/4oz of the same bud. Unless he has 2 different kinds then i'll get both. Or if friends come over we swap.

I was smoking some orange kush for the past couple weeks (getting less high each time), and then I SHARED a joint with this dude of some middies, and I got so blew out I cant even explain. I dont know what happened. Hahaha but I like it.

Certainly variety is good, but that's not my point. My point is why should low-potency weed, the 1st time you smoke it, get you more high than high-quality weed that you're used to?

I've noticed, with alcohol, I don't get the same effects.
For instance, 4 shots of one brand of vodka will get me just as drunk as 4 shots of another brand, or 4 shots of the same proof of whiskey, rye, etc.

Why is it that a small amt. of weed gets me so blazed I get lost 1/2 block from home the 1st time I smoke it, and yet a week later that same amt. not be nearly as potent?

Yeh that happens to me if i smoke like a 1/4 O of the same stuff i get almost "immune" to it... thats why i always keep a few different types of bud in my jar:cool:

I also thought I was the only one who felt like this. . . I would go a couple weeks with some good KB and as the weeks go on, I get less and less high, then I'll have to settle for mids, all disappointed, I'll roll it up, and I'm blazed! Like those head rushes you used to get from a good bong hit. I always thought it might be just in my head, or was lookin for it or something stupid like that. . . Glad I'm a little less crazy. . .lol:allgood: :peace: :allgood:

I think what it is is like this. Say youre smokin that good sativa and got that energetic high goin, then you blaze a blunt of some dimebag buds later on in the day and you'll be more stoned than when you first hit that sativa, that's cause those reggies, at least to me, drags you down into your couch, ya know?

Reggie buds put me to sleep, krypto normally gets me up n active, unless in large quanity ;-)

I def feel a tolerance towards the end of a sack. If I can switch up halfway through, it seems to make it all last longer (which is tricky round here). I certainly feel what you described RD. Glad I"m not alone, lol!

I remembered a similar situation...I have a friend that sometimes splits with me. She'll take it home, and I"ll keep mine...sometimes, when mine is gone, lol...she'll bring some over, and it's totally different - way better buzz..sometimes after just a few weeks. It's weird.

:hmmmm: WOW!! I GET THE SAME REACTION TOO,BUT IF I STOP FOR A FEW DAYS I GET THAT SAME FEELING OF BEING REALLY HIGH :smokin: I GUESS OUR BODIES GET IMMUNE TO THE WEED .JUST KEEP TOKING AND ENJOY THE HIGH AS BEST AS WE CAN:smokin:

classic tolerance...shit its why humans are so badass, we fuckin adapt to everything...the reason why when u switch buds u get more fucked is cuz your not tolerant to that configuration of concentrations. There are ways you can baseline your tolerance (ibogaine)...im a fuckin science nerd (neuroscience degree, lol), not tryin to 'preach'.

> 420times is addicting as shit man

^^shit happends with everything, including asprin...you'd have to take more of that to kill pain after taking it conistantly...hell it even happends with the amount of water we drink

I see what Ranger is saying and yes I have had it happen to me. It's not about becoming immune to a certain strain, so much as it is having a preconceived notion that if you are offered some stuff that looks worse than the kind bud your used to then it will lack any potency. Not the case! I have smoked what was called "mids" on a few occasions and each time I wondered why it was able to get me as high as it did. I think the moral of the story is don't judge it by how it looks.

Back
Top Bottom