First Tymer

I have 2 WWF...They are 2weeks N 3days old...My question is are they looking ok
IMG_20170107_150708.jpg
IMG_20170107_150517.jpg
IMG_20170107_150505.jpg

The light on the first pic maybe to close 2 Pic cal mag issue I think but you should definitely get a second opinion

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Little bit of Nute burn on the one. Seeing brown spots on the other. Maybe someone more experienced than me can give you more feedback.

Looks a tiny bit hot on the nutes. Just a tiny bit though. Looks like u may need both calcium and magnesium tho. The spots say Ca while the bent leafs say Mg
Maybe upping pH just a few tenths would fix it depending on where your running pH now.
Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The dwc is now at 6...I haven't checked the soil...But both are doing a lot better over the last 3-4 days...I'm going to delete the last photos and take the pics from the same angle as the photos I posted a week ago

The dwc is now at 6...I haven't checked the soil...But both are doing a lot better over the last 3-4 days...I'm going to delete the last photos and take the pics from the same angle as the photos I posted a week ago

Are you keeping it at 6 In your Dwc? If you are your plant isn't getting CA. Might explain the brown spots. I lower my ph to 5.6 then let it rise to 6. Then lower again. Here's a chart.
99e944d539e21776157746440239cb1f.jpg

Are you keeping it at 6 In your Dwc? If your are your plant isn't getting CA. Might explain the brown spots. I lower my ph to 5.6 then let it rise to 6. Then lower again. Here's a chart.
99e944d539e21776157746440239cb1f.jpg

Can one of the guru's here explain something to me? I really wonder if someone can explain why in soil the Ca and Mg uptake pH is the same between the 2 and in hydro they are exact opposite of each other? All the rest of the nutes stay fairly close to each other by comparison. Only those 2 flip flop.

Good catch fanleaf. I hadn't noticed that. I'm no scientist but heres my take. Assume that the root evolves differently in hydro than in soil, essentially two different roots. I imagine it like this, the hydro root has a door thats triggered open by 5-5.8 PH and allows the Ca in whereas that door is non existant on the soil root however it has a different door thats triggered by 6.5-9 PH that then allows the Ca in.

On the other hand, my head could just be up my ass too.

Good catch fanleaf. I hadn't noticed that. I'm no scientist but heres my take. Assume that the root evolves differently in hydro than in soil, essentially two different roots. I imagine it like this, the hydro root has a door thats triggered open by 5-5.8 PH and allows the Ca in whereas that door is non existant on the soil root however it has a different door thats triggered by 6.5-9 PH that then allows the Ca in.

On the other hand, my head could just be up my ass too.

Ya know, you may be right. I totally forgot that many if not all nutrients have more than 1 uptake pH.

Back
Top Bottom