WWYD? Sog or Scrog?

Define: "best". Highest yield? Lowest learning curve? Fastest harvest? Most informative? Prettiest plants?

If your actually in a true soil grow you don't really have enough floor space for more than two containers 5 gal bare minimum 7-10 gals is better.

With soilless it would be easier to get away with smaller containers and more frequent irrigation.

My advice would be let one plant grow more naturally and do some other topping/training on the second one so you can watch side by side how they react. The first grow is most valuable as a learning tool. You'll likely want to change everything you do for the second run, most folks do anyways.

Define: "best". Highest yield? Lowest learning curve? Fastest harvest? Most informative? Prettiest plants?

If your actually in a true soil grow you don't really have enough floor space for more than two containers 5 gal bare minimum 7-10 gals is better.

With soilless it would be easier to get away with smaller containers and more frequent irrigation.

My advice would be let one plant grow more naturally and do some other topping/training on the second one so you can watch side by side how they react. The first grow is most valuable as a learning tool. You'll likely want to change everything you do for the second run, most folks do anyways.
Thanks for reply been doing lots of reading and learning but best lessons come with experience. Just fishing for ideas. Was thinking of looking into soiless. Been playing around with autos on second run looking good I think but next run I'm doing first fems

Autos are good for some people but not necessarily for everyone. I personally like my photo plants but hold no hard feelings against autos. Feminized seeds are great for managing plant counts. Regular seeds preserve the most genetic integrity from the original strain but males provide some extra headaches.

I love my soilless growing but it's all about what works best for you and that's best learned through personal experience. As you go along you'll learn all kinds of stuff that you'll want to play around with. After a few grows you'll get a feel for what you do and don't like

Sog is a faster turn around because of less veg time but you need a lot of seeds or clones.

A year of sog vs a year of scrog; I think they are about even after all is said and done.Faster turn around, Less total weight but more harvests with sog or longer grow time but bigger harvest with Scrog ends up with similar weight.

I personally prefer sog but some are limited to a plant count. Good luck

Thanks that's good info. Prob gonna experiment with both just trying to decide which one to try first. Appreciate the input

Back
Top Bottom