Xbones First Journal - 6 Pot Monster System With 800W Diamond Advanced LED July 2012

Xbones

Hello there I have been been reading journals on here for a while and finally got a system together and going to start a video journal on youtube and link it to my journal here so everyone can enjoy it as I do too!

Sadly 2 of my 4 plants turned out male and had to pluck them but two survived as female and did not think to top the both of them so had to get creative and it lead to the tent breaking and all kinds of fun but we made it through it and we just had harvest not long ago.

Me and my wife moved to California 6 or so months ago because she had Lupus and Pulmonary fibrosis while I have had back surgery and deal with pain. We moved here to get her on the Marijuana oil that we hard researched about could not have in Oklahoma. It cured her Pulmonary Fibrosis (Thermal illness...Not anymore lol) and put her lupus into remission. So now im growing our meds because I want the best meds for me and my wife and I just LOVE growing I found out lol. Just figured I would give everyone a little background on the all out passion I have for this and hope it shows in my grows!

Ok now for a little info on my setup, Right now I just got 10 seeds in some rockwool cubes tonight and in a germination machine on top of a heating pad to get them going so they will take probably a week or so to get some roots going then the top 6 can go into the monster system to veg. Hope they all turn out female because I cant wait to get a bigger place so I can have a veg room and flowering room but for now I have 2 tents and a few lights and hope to get some mothers going for clones soon.

Found a guide in basic info I should put in so there it is but ill probably repeat some of it in detail lol.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Hope to be in Veg in a few weeks
If in Veg... For how long? Not sure a few weeks prob so I dont have height problems
If in Flower stage... For how long? Indica strain is 2 months and Sativa is 3 to 4 months
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? EBB 6 Pot Monster Hydroponic System (Flood and Drain)
Size of light? Advanced LED 800w Diamond Series
Is it aircooled? We will see new tent so hoping with fans
Temp of Room/cab? Hoping to be around 80
PH of media or res? 5.5 to 5.7
How often are you watering? New system so 3 or 4 times a day it says but we will see.
Type and strength of ferts used? Dutch Master Ferts till I use what I have then blue planet nutrients

Here is my strain info and the best 6 out of 10 will be picked. I got these seeds at the LA Cannabis Cup some months back but cant remember what booth i got them from. I have 4 Indica and 6 Sativa.

My Sativa strain is called Dawg Town Daze (Hybrid 90%+Sativa)
Genes is Pure Haze X ChemD Male
Grow time is 12-16 Weeks

My Indica strain is called VGH OG f2 (Hybrid 55-60% Indica)
Genes is Tahoe OG Cut X ChemD Male
Grow time is 8-10 Weeks

The picture below is the seeds I got started tonight so nothing to see but the rockwool lol. The top ones are the Sativa and the one on the bottom is the Indica.

021207.JPG

The tent im using is a Growlab 240 7'11" by 7'11" that I will be putting a 6 bucket system in. I also have a 4x4 tent that I will be putting my old DWC 4 bucket system into to make mothers with most likely but thats another journal I hope if this works out. Here is a Picture below of the box that will be put up soon.

013378.JPG

The hydroponic system ill be using is a EBB 6 pot monster system with a 55 Gal reservoir and next grow ill be adding 6 more pots. With this system ill be using a Advanced LED 800w Diamond series and hope to expand to 4 400w Diamond LEDs by next grow but we will see how funds go... those dang things are expensive but well worth it! Here is a picture of my 800w LED next to the 55gal res.

014346.JPG

The water chiller ill be using is a Active Aqua Chiller Refrigeration Unit - 1/10 HP. Im hoping this will work with this new system and keep it at the right temp but its only a 1/10HP so we will see if it can handle all the extra water lol. The old system was only a 24gal system with the new one being a max of 55gal.

018242.JPG

The nutrients ill be using is Dutch Masters One series with all the additives but ill be changing to blue planet nutrients after I use up what Dutch Master stuff I have. The reason im changing nutrients is because im just starting out on my second grow now and all the additives is over my head and I want to get nutrients that is made for marijuana and easier nutrients. I have been reading journals on here and heard about the --- being good and made just for marijuana and thats just what i wanted and it dont cost an arm and a leg lol.

After I get the tent and system up ill be posting pics on here.

I hope I did not forget anything in there but if I did feel free to ask and I would love any advice anyone can give me if im doing something totally wrong I have been reading about all this for over a year and in pratice for 1 FUN grow lol. Hope to hear from everyone!

Re: Xbones First Journal -- 6 Pot Monster system with 800w Diamond Advanced LED July

Your set up sounds awesome. So great to hear the oil therapy had good results. I too am some what new to growing, my first grow has three weeks left in flower and like you have expanded for round two. What made you choose hydroponic over soil? And have you had any insect problems on you first grow?

Re: Xbones First Journal -- 6 Pot Monster system with 800w Diamond Advanced LED July

Your set up sounds awesome. So great to hear the oil therapy had good results. I too am some what new to growing, my first grow has three weeks left in flower and like you have expanded for round two. What made you choose hydroponic over soil? And have you had any insect problems on you first grow?

That's great and thank you! Hope your harvest goes good! I choose hydroponic because I'm indoor growing and soil would just get everywhere. Atleast with water if I spill it's easily cleaned up in the tent unless I have a flood and hope that never happens.. Also with my back and nerve pain in the leg dirt is way to heavy for me so with water I can let pumps and water presure do all the moving for me lol

Nope on my first grow I did not have any problems with pests and hope I never run into that problem but if I do I hope it's not really bad lol.

Nice set-up! I run a similar system to you (Flo n Gro). If you keep your reservoir outside your tent, you may not even need the chiller. They can be nearly essential for DWC, but your nutrients aren't as frequently exposed to the heat from your lights with an ebb n grow type system (again, assuming your res is outside of the tent). For sure, the 1/10 hp will be enough if so...

A few tips (hope you don't mind me throwing these out there!):

In veg, only flood as often as needed to keep your medium (hydroton?) moist until roots are well established if you can. Let them go looking for moisture a bit. For me, that is 1-2 floods per day during lights on - once I see roots at bottom of pots (and sides with mine), I ramp that up to 3 a day in veg. In flower, I flood every 3 1/2 to 4 hours during lights on only. They cant uptake nutrients in darkness, so floods at night will not be effective and could lead to nute burn or over fert symptoms.

Glad that mmj has been so helpful for you and your wife! :)

:goodluck:

Nice set-up! I run a similar system to you (Flo n Gro). If you keep your reservoir outside your tent, you may not even need the chiller. They can be nearly essential for DWC, but your nutrients aren't as frequently exposed to the heat from your lights with an ebb n grow type system (again, assuming your res is outside of the tent). For sure, the 1/10 hp will be enough if so...

A few tips (hope you don't mind me throwing these out there!):

In veg, only flood as often as needed to keep your medium (hydroton?) moist until roots are well established if you can. Let them go looking for moisture a bit. For me, that is 1-2 floods per day during lights on - once I see roots at bottom of pots (and sides with mine), I ramp that up to 3 a day in veg. In flower, I flood every 3 1/2 to 4 hours during lights on only. They cant uptake nutrients in darkness, so floods at night will not be effective and could lead to nute burn or over fert symptoms.

Glad that mmj has been so helpful for you and your wife! :)

:goodluck:

Hey there thanks so much for posting and for the tips! Yep ill be having my 55gal res on the outside of my tent (also so it gives me more room in the tent to go inside and do maintenance) so it would be great if i dont need the chiller! Then i could use the chiller for the old DWC system I have and use it for some mothers.

Holy Crap! when i was making this journal last night I was thinking.... man im going to have to ask someone with this system what timing they use for the flood and drain timers... Not 24s hour after making it I get a question answered I had not asked yet haha!

I have tent envy. When I chose a 4x6' I thought I'd never need the space, wish I had a bigger boat! Sorry couldn't resist the Jaw's out take.

I too went LED, I am a little concerned that your 800w is a tad low for the space. Look forward to watching your progress.

I have tent envy. When I chose a 4x6' I thought I'd never need the space, wish I had a bigger boat! Sorry couldn't resist the Jaw's out take.

I too went LED, I am a little concerned that your 800w is a tad low for the space. Look forward to watching your progress.

Lol ya my 4x4 was way to small for me so i made sure to get the biggest tent i could for my space. I had that problem in my other tent because it hangs so low and i lose a ton of growing room with that.. im going to have to top my plants as soon as i can to make them bushy not tall and flower them early to make sure they dont grow past the light. My last grow i had to start to tie down my tops because they were growing into the light and i ended up lucking out with only some light bleaching lol

We will see how it goes... I might try to make a tighter hanging system for it but will be hard to make one strong enough because its 30lb.. Just hope this LEDs foot print is big enough for 6 plants since i dont have the funds to buy the ones i want right now lol.

Hello there I have been been reading journals on here for a while and finally got a system together and going to start a video journal on youtube and link it to my journal here so everyone can enjoy it as I do too!

I already have some videos of my last grow so feel free to go check them out the link is below! Sadly 2 of my 4 plants turned out male and had to pluck them but two survived as female and did not think to top the both of them so had to get creative and it lead to the tent breaking and all kinds of fun but we made it through it and we just had harvest not long ago.

Me and my wife moved to California 6 or so months ago because she had Lupus and Pulmonary fibrosis while I have had back surgery and deal with pain. We moved here to get her on the Marijuana oil that we hard researched about could not have in Oklahoma. It cured her Pulmonary Fibrosis (Thermal illness...Not anymore lol) and put her lupus into remission. So now im growing our meds because I want the best meds for me and my wife and I just LOVE growing I found out lol. Just figured I would give everyone a little background on the all out passion I have for this and hope it shows in my grows!

Ok now for a little info on my setup, Right now I just got 10 seeds in some rockwool cubes tonight and in a germination machine on top of a heating pad to get them going so they will take probably a week or so to get some roots going then the top 6 can go into the monster system to veg. Hope they all turn out female because I cant wait to get a bigger place so I can have a veg room and flowering room but for now I have 2 tents and a few lights and hope to get some mothers going for clones soon.

Found a guide in basic info I should put in so there it is but ill probably repeat some of it in detail lol.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Hope to be in Veg in a few weeks
If in Veg... For how long? Not sure a few weeks prob so I dont have height problems
If in Flower stage... For how long? Indica strain is 2 months and Sativa is 3 to 4 months
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? EBB 6 Pot Monster Hydroponic System (Flood and Drain)
Size of light? Advanced LED 800w Diamond Series
Is it aircooled? We will see new tent so hoping with fans
Temp of Room/cab? Hoping to be around 80
PH of media or res? 5.5 to 5.7
How often are you watering? New system so 3 or 4 times a day it says but we will see.
Type and strength of ferts used? Dutch Master Ferts till I use what I have then blue planet nutrients

Here is my strain info and the best 6 out of 10 will be picked. I got these seeds at the LA Cannabis Cup some months back but cant remember what booth i got them from. I have 4 Indica and 6 Sativa.

My Sativa strain is called Dawg Town Daze (Hybrid 90%+Sativa)
Genes is Pure Haze X ChemD Male
Grow time is 12-16 Weeks

My Indica strain is called VGH OG f2 (Hybrid 55-60% Indica)
Genes is Tahoe OG Cut X ChemD Male
Grow time is 8-10 Weeks

The picture below is the seeds I got started tonight so nothing to see but the rockwool lol. The top ones are the Sativa and the one on the bottom is the Indica.

021207.JPG

The tent im using is a Growlab 240 7'11" by 7'11" that I will be putting a 6 bucket system in. I also have a 4x4 tent that I will be putting my old DWC 4 bucket system into to make mothers with most likely but thats another journal I hope if this works out. Here is a Picture below of the box that will be put up soon.

013378.JPG

The hydroponic system ill be using is a EBB 6 pot monster system with a 55 Gal reservoir and next grow ill be adding 6 more pots. With this system ill be using a Advanced LED 800w Diamond series and hope to expand to 4 400w Diamond LEDs by next grow but we will see how funds go... those dang things are expensive but well worth it! Here is a picture of my 800w LED next to the 55gal res.

014346.JPG

The water chiller ill be using is a Active Aqua Chiller Refrigeration Unit - 1/10 HP. Im hoping this will work with this new system and keep it at the right temp but its only a 1/10HP so we will see if it can handle all the extra water lol. The old system was only a 24gal system with the new one being a max of 55gal.

018242.JPG

The nutrients ill be using is Dutch Masters One series with all the additives but ill be changing to blue planet nutrients after I use up what Dutch Master stuff I have. The reason im changing nutrients is because im just starting out on my second grow now and all the additives is over my head and I want to get nutrients that is made for marijuana and easier nutrients. I have been reading journals on here and heard about the --- being good and made just for marijuana and thats just what i wanted and it dont cost an arm and a leg lol.

After I get the tent and system up ill be posting pics on here.

I hope I did not forget anything in there but if I did feel free to ask and I would love any advice anyone can give me if im doing something totally wrong I have been reading about all this for over a year and in pratice for 1 FUN grow lol. Hope to hear from everyone!

HAHA I just noticed I put the wrong picture up for the hydroponic system and LED... Its just the one of the System. Why didnt you guys tell me! lol jk

Here is the picture I mean to put up with my 800w LED...

017252.JPG

I just got my tent up tonight and made videos and pictures so they will be on my youtube journal and here soon!

Glad the info on the flood times was helpful. I remember the questions I had when I set my system up for the first time. Also, a lot of bad or less than ideal info out there on that topic. I had to learn through trial and error to get to understanding that better, as so much info out there was contradicting other info. Always lots to consider and figure out!

In addition to the Dutch Masters One, are you using any other additives (ie Zone, etc.?). Just curious - can't wait to see it all set up. :thumb:

Hey everyone one! Got an update kinda lol. First off to Xlr8's question im using all the additives... Add .27, Zone, Silica, Potash. I bought to much of it and gotta use it up lol. So prob after this grow ill be out of all the additives and can switch to BPN that I wanta try out..

First off I got my new Growlab 240 Tent up and my Blower/Fliter and I love it! Ill be getting videos up on it tomorrow prob so if you wanta check it out feel free! Pictures below tho!

Its a prefect tent for 6 plants!

photo_1_49.JPG

I know I know I have to change the ducting.. It was just what was around for now lol.

photo_2_42.JPG

Ill be getting the hydroponic system up and going after they get me my part they forgot in the package.. Might just go down to the store and just buy them lol. After its up and running ill be posting pictures and videos on youtube of the system and how it runs..

OK on a side note I have to show someone so hope you guys like the picture.. I just got done drying my first harvest and figured I would give you guys something nice to look at lol.

photo_3_38.JPG

That picture is the mountain I got from my first grow... Kinda sucked for 2 plants tho.. with all the problems with the tent breaking and having to change to my sucky leds for the last 3 weeks of the grow. It turned out very...airy I guess is the word but it turned out to be 514 Grams... 1.13LB I was kinda shocked for only 2 plants lol.

Hope you guys liked the teaser! More updates to come soon!

Ya we will see what this grow will bring. I got a surprise twist for this grow I'll be posting soon when I get it set up..

I veg that grow for 4 weeks since I wanted to make sure the 2 plants that turned male was male before I cut them down lol... I should of only veg for 2 weeks because of hight restrictions I found out lol
Then I flowered for 8 weeks. The strain is a hybrid indica Dom but my wife misplaced the rest of the seeds so not sure of the name of it.

As for the nutrients I have no idea really. That was my first real grow and have nothing to compaire with. All the additives are a pain tho that's why I want to change to a BPN after I use up what I have since I have heard good things with growing with it and the other thing is DM is exspensize and BPN is cheaper but still sounds like it has the quality after talking with the owner..

A pound of that good stuff. Pretty good for using LEDs. How long did you veg for and what strain was that? I also use DM nutes. I think I will stick with them for a while. How do you like your DM nutes?

Ya we will see what this grow will bring. I got a surprise twist for this grow I'll be posting soon when I get it set up..

I veg that grow for 4 weeks since I wanted to make sure the 2 plants that turned male was male before I cut them down lol... I should of only veg for 2 weeks because of hight restrictions I found out lol
Then I flowered for 8 weeks. The strain is a hybrid indica Dom but my wife misplaced the rest of the seeds so not sure of the name of it.

As for the nutrients I have no idea really. That was my first real grow and have nothing to compaire with. All the additives are a pain tho that's why I want to change to a BPN after I use up what I have since I have heard good things with growing with it and the other thing is DM is exspensize and BPN is cheaper but still sounds like it has the quality after talking with the owner..

First, great harvest! That's a big pull for a first grow. :bravo:

I used to use DM nutes, and they are a very good product in my opinion. I use Blue Planet Nutrients now, and I like it at least as good or better, and yes it is less expensive thant DM -- but DM is still a very good product in my opinion (at least the Gold 2-part, I haven't tried the One product).

Along with the BPN stuff, I still use DM Zone and Silica additives. The Zone is great for keeping a sterile reservoir, which in hydroponics is much easier to manage, imo (vs. beneficials etc.). Silica, whether from DM or not, will help strengthen stems and provides the plant with some built in bug resistance. Also, plants that get Silica can tolerate heat and heat stress better. XBones, you might want to consider sticking with those additives even if you switch to the Blue Planet line (or similar products from another company).

Thanks! I was hoping it was a good one but had no idea how much u could get. When we added up a lb I was very happy lol.

Sounds like I'm changing to BPN sooner then I thought.. I like the zone and silica and have tons of it lol did not know u could mix them with other bands like that... Been so busy to just sit down and research... Glad you said something about that ^^

Sorry there has not been a update. My friends are visiting from out of town and he's been helping me set everything up so there will be a ton of pic update and video on YouTube by next week.

Thanks again for all the info Xlr8! Later all

Hey everyone! Long time no see lol. I have been SOOO busy with family and friends visiting i have had no time for updates.

Not much has been going on, its been a month since I planted the 4 big plants and about 2 weeks for the 2 smaller ones. The 4 big ones has finally got some roots and is starting to jump in size while the 2 younger ones still have a few weeks of root building. Here is a picture of all of them and a pic of the healthiest/biggest one so far. Hope the picture is not to bad, the 800w LED just overpowers the pictures... with the LED at half power lol.

05828.JPG

05631.JPG

05731.JPG

I have changed the light timing over to flowering already (12/12). I did this because of the height problems i probably will be running into again eh. I will be topping the 4 bigger plants in a few days after this 4th node gets done to help control height problems while the younger 2 will follow along as they get older.

I did a res change about 3 days ago with a fresh feeding with veg food even though I have the light switched to flowering the plants themselves are not flowering yet so that's why im still feeding them veg food and they are loving it! If this is totally wrong please let me know but from all the reading I have done this seems right until i see signs of flowering..

Right now im feeding them 3 times a day during lights on for 15mins at a time. 1 when the lights come on then 1 at the mid mark and 1 feeding before lights out. So far there has been no negative signs on the plants themselves of over feeding or root rot. After flowering starts ill prob keep it at 3 feedings or drop it to 2 feedings a day im not sure yet.

One thing im not sure about yet is my humidity.. During lights on its below 20% because my meter cant read it below 20% and the temp is around 85 to 95. During lights off its 35 to 40% with a temp around 75 to 85. Im guessing after the plants get bigger the humidity will get better during lights on (seemed to on my last grow if i remember right) or im going to have to buy a small humidifier maybe... would love and tips or advice!

My res temp has been sitting at 75 and so far i have not seen anything crazy growing in there so hope I dont have to hook up the chiller to it lol. I have always read you need to keep your water temp 72 and below to keep whatnot from growing in there.. Had problems in the past with this untill i got a water chiller for the old system (DWC system tho) and cleaning it all the time was NOT fun before the chiller lol.

I have also made a video update on my youtube channel if anyone would like to check it out. I talk about the plants and how the grow is going and a few things I will change on my system next grow and the tent setup a little.

Thanks everyone for reading! I promise this will get more exciting in the upcoming months! Gotta love how huge they will get in only a few months!

Looking good my man. Lovin the vids. And man those buckets do look heavy. With dwc buckets either way I guess th buckets will be heavy but mypreffered choice of growing is dwc. Also what is the footprint of coverage on the 800 led's? I might have to look into those for a mini project.

Looking good my man. Lovin the vids. And man those buckets do look heavy. With dwc buckets either way I guess th buckets will be heavy but mypreffered choice of growing is dwc. Also what is the footprint of coverage on the 800 led's? I might have to look into those for a mini project.

Hey there sky thx for the comment! I used my old DWC system for 2 grows and I liked it but minus water leaks or spills and the water chiller I had to use to keep the water temp below 72 to keep slime from growing in the res would heat up the room to much lol. When we move to a permanent place ill be installing a window ac for controlling the temp but for now ill have to deal without.

So far im loving the flood and drain but I wont know whats my fav untill time goes on. Ill still be using my old DWC system for mothers/cloning untill I can build or buy a new system because of the leaks of this one. I have not decided if im going with DWC or flood and drain for my mothers yet but for now im working with what I have untill i can get some money back from what I have spent. Im hoping all these 6 plants turn out to be female but wont know till a few weeks. Then ill make clones of the healthiest ones and make mothers untill I can fine a good high in CBD strain to make a mother out of.

When I start my second grow with my flood and drain the weight issue with the buckets should not be a problem anymore since ill be adding the mesh pots that only use a quarter of the rocks that this system does right now. Only thing i worry about is root rot since I dont know if the rocks is needed for aeration in this kind of system or I can just let the roots hang like they did in my DWC system.

The Advanced LED Diamond 800w website says it has a total coverage of 4.5ft by 5.5ft and a core coverage of 3.5ft by 4.5ft. I have a 7x7 tent and it seems to do just fine with the 4x4 or even 5x5 foot print as long as you can get the 800w high enough from the plants. It filled up my 4x4 tent just fine when I had it in there untill the plants grew into the light, so if your wanting a foot print bigger then this i would def suggest getting 2 of the 400w diamond leds or 4 of the 200's. Right now i wish i bought 2 of the 400w LEDs since it would be better for coverage and height problems im having now. But no matter what its one bad ass LED! I wont buy any other LED's now then the diamond series.

The only problem I have right now with the 800w is how big it is (30lb)... Since its so big they have a big hanging system where you lose soooo much hanging height on it. So if your growing in a tent you def got to make sure your growing short plants or are able to rig up a new tighter hanging system. I have yet to try and make a new hanging system for the big 800w because its so heavy and expensive. I cant take a chance of it falling on the plants and or breaking lol. I dont know how the hanging system is with the 400w leds but im guessing it would be much lighter then the 800w and would be easyer to build a new hanging system that could support the weight of them.

Now if your growing in a converted bedroom as ill be doing when we move, there should not be a problem with hanging and whatnot since you have all that extra room that you dont get in a grow tent lol. Ill be super happy when we move to have this LED and a few 400's by then to hang from the roof. The grows will be exploding with the 5gal buckets and no height restrictions! Cant wait for those journals lol

Lol man that response was way bigger then i thought it was when i was typing... Sorry about that sky haha.

Anyways I also forgot about something in my update I posted lastnight... As to the strains im growing, the Sativa I listed did not make it into the big system and the Tahoe OG Indica F2 got into one pot and hoping it turns out to be female... The other 5 plants are seeds from a batch I got from my Co-op not long ago that was really tasty, called Bluetooth. From the reading I have done this Bluetooth strain is a hybrid of the sweet tooth family but im unsure of the ratios. I plan on sending off samples to be tested after harvest to see what strength of meds im growing so far..

Right now I have been doing so much research to what strains I want to try next time. Im wanting to grow a very very high CBD strain to produce into oil and lotion for my wife that has alot of medical issues. Right now we buy our oil that is tested having 30% CBD in it from a strain called Venom. I have never seen such high lvls of CBD since we have been in cali but I seen the tests results myself and it did test at 30% CBD and 1% THC! Im hoping to get a seed or clone of this strain called Venom but its outta season and hard to get a clone or seed. I have been doing research on strains and have never heard of this strain called venom but we will see if my oil guy can get his hands on something for me.

This is why my wifes lupus, seizures, pulmonary fibrosis, and other medical problems has all gone into remission with high levels of CBD. Before we moved to cali my wife went from taking 13 medications a day to 1 pill a day. She has yet to have a seizure after being on this oil! Also it does not hurt to be on this oil to head off any cancer cells in your body from all the processed and chemicals the companys put into our water, food and everything else.

Glad to hear that the oil is helping out your wife's health conditions. 30% cbd is high. Cross your fingers and hope all your plants are females. I was going to do a min sog in a small tent with some LEDs. My footprint is no bigger than 2x2. So I guess the led 400w will do. My problem is trying to find the right company to buy from. I was going to try to short indicas for the led grow, dna's l.a. Confidential and kens grandaddy purple. Good luck with everything. I'll be watching this closely.

Back
Top Bottom