PeerlessRcher

Hey, I'm looking for some input/ help with a new strain.

Here is the info:
Strain: XXX OG
in: Aurora Innovations hydroponic soilless coco mix (perlite/ coco fiber)
1 g bucket (recently transplanted from one of those mini containers)
Upon transplant, feeding her every two days (e.g. feed/ dry/ dry/ feed/ dry/ dry, etc.); now feeding her every other day.
pH between 5.9 and 6.2 (BlueLab meter/ calibrate every other week, so fairly confident it's on point)
EC between 0.3 and 0.5
Water temp. between 66 and 68 degrees F
Currently she is under fluoros, one of those 4' 8 bulb setups, which keeps my room temps. between 76 and 82.
I water with mycorrhizae and beneficials, so the roots grow quick/ already showing through the bottom.

I'm growing this one into a mom, so feeding her a diluted version of my veg formula (includes CaMg+), and adding in a small dose of bloom.

PROBLEM: The leaves aren't perking up and stretching (Y) like the leaves on all of my other girls. They're not clawing sharp like with severe over-water or nutrient shock from too high EC. Is this normal in some strains? Thinking it might be over-watering, and considering letting her dry 2 days before next water, but when I lift her before watering, the weight is about right and the roots show through, so this one has me scratching my head.

Any input is appreciated.

XXX_OG_3.JPG

View image in gallery

It does look like slight overwatering.

Watering Cannabis should never be a set schedule, you'll do better watering only when the plant needs it. The top of the soil should be completely dry with NO moisture, and the inside of the pot should be allowed to dry out a bit too. This causes the roots to stretch out seeking water, then when you water again, water until the medium receives a good soaking, and you see a little runoff coming out of the bottom.

If you wait TOO long, the leaves will start to wilt, but will pick up almost immediately after you water her again.

Not watering quite enough seems to be a safer bet than watering too much. Too much water can cause mold, attract fungus gnats and other pests, and it starves the roots of oxygen.

Back
Top Bottom