Yahoo! Thanks to this site! I have not been without medicine for a year!

I am very greatful for this site!! This is the main site that I have used to learn about growing hyrdro. I have learned more here than anywhere else. I started growing a little over a year ago. I am on my 4th grow. I have so much good quality weed I have no worries of ever running out. I even give it away freely to friends time to time. I used to spend about $500.00 to $700.00 for weed a month.
I am sure many of you are in the same boat as me!!
How long has it been since you had to buy weed? :cheer:

Re: Yahoo!!!! Thanks to this site! I have not been without weed for a year!!!

i thought the number one rule was DON'T TELL ANYONE....

bought some about a month ago I'd say lol. Harvest was running a bit late so it was a get me by quarter. Generally don't have to buy anymore, but I run through it so quickly.

I am very greatful for this site!! This is the main site that I have used to learn about growing hyrdro. I have learned more here than anywhere else. I started growing a little over a year ago. I am on my 4th grow. I have so much good quality weed I have no worries of ever running out. I even give it away freely to friends time to time. I used to spend about $500.00 to $700.00 for weed a month.
I am sure many of you are in the same boat as me!!
How long has it been since you had to buy weed? :cheer:

That's awesome!!
I have'nt bought a sack since 2008. A while back I calculated how much i was spending on it by growing it and the cost came to like 8 cents per joint ;)

i thought the number one rule was DON'T TELL ANYONE....

Thats the beautiful thing about it!! No one knows exept my wife!! My lucky friends think I am giving them bud that I paid retail for!!!:tokin:

That's awesome!!
I have'nt bought a sack since 2008. A while back I calculated how much i was spending on it by growing it and the cost came to like 8 cents per joint ;)

8 Cents a Joint!!! That is outstanding!!:surf:

gee,,,, a rolling paper cost that much don't it,,,,

IMG_15841.JPG

An 1/8th of OG Kush...valued at about 64 cents! :rofl:
I love being a grower!!;)

today_020.JPG
These Vanilla Kush plants will be ready for harvest in about 7 weeks.

today_022.JPG

This ought to last me till then..

today_016.JPG

I love being a grower too!!!!!

got some really nice bud and plants there man, looks like you have your grow dialed in nicely. The funny thing about being a grower is when I bought that last sack, I had recently bought another sack a couple of months earlier, and both bags were supposed to be the best of the best, but I found myself picking at all the flaws in the trimming and growing and just missed smoking my own. The high wasn't as good either, and the buds didn't look half as nice. It's much more rewarding to roll your own home grown.

That's so true Crimson!
A few weeks ago my pal stopped by with a nug he had bought. It was Grapefruit from a Colorado dispensary and it came with more hype than anything. It was decent but compared to mine it was like schwag.
I think we personal growers tend to have a pride that cannot be matched and it shows in what we grow. I dont think we worry so much about how big a plant is or how much the final weight is compared to how good the quality of the harvest is. I know for me, quality is everything.

exactly, all the things we do to sweeten and enhance the natural flavor of our weed definitely shows. You can definitely tell if the weed you got was grown for commercial purposes or not. Even the hydroponic stuff I've gotten around here, theres a big difference in the smaller batches compared to the stuff everyone buys in bulk.

My plants are like my babies! I grow them with Love!! A wholesale grower cannot give the personal attention that we can give.
Also, alot of commercial growers cure their harvests the quickest way possible. They have thier bills to pay and families to feed and need to turn their crops fast . I cannot blame them. I cannot remember how many times I would have to take my stuff out of the bag to let dry before I could even smoke it.
Yes, I much prefer my personal stash to the stuff around here.

got some really nice bud and plants there man, looks like you have your grow dialed in nicely. The funny thing about being a grower is when I bought that last sack, I had recently bought another sack a couple of months earlier, and both bags were supposed to be the best of the best, but I found myself picking at all the flaws in the trimming and growing and just missed smoking my own. The high wasn't as good either, and the buds didn't look half as nice. It's much more rewarding to roll your own home grown.
Thanks Cimson K2)!!

I will be glad when I come to that point, I am still on first grow, week 6 of flowering. Due to newbie errors I don't think I will have a major yield. But to me its about gaining the experience so my next grow will be better. I have also found myself picking apart the weed I have bought. I wanna taste the difference and boldly say mine is better.

I will be glad when I come to that point, I am still on first grow, week 6 of flowering. Due to newbie errors I don't think I will have a major yield. But to me its about gaining the experience so my next grow will be better. I have also found myself picking apart the weed I have bought. I wanna taste the difference and boldly say mine is better.

After I started this thread I netted a pound of buds out of my closet. I was weed rich and pound foolish!!! I gave a lot away and did alot of experimenting. Well, I ran out. I was without weed for almost a month. After having to pay 400 an ounce for inferior weed. I am going to be alot more careful with my stash between harvests from now on!!!

You have the right attitude! My first grow was a learning experience. From then on every grow has been better and better!!

growing is fairly easy bro, just have to stay on top of things and give the plant whatever it wants when it tells you. Otherwise just keep them happy and you will be smoking the produce for months afterwards. Waiting is the hardest part, if you're planning on growing for a while, definitely try to setup a perpetual system so you can put some plants into flower every couple weeks. I put 3-4 plants in flower per month so I harvest once a month. It keeps a nice steady supply on hand and I haven't completely run out in quite a while now. I get down to the last bud and have to chop a plant early, but smoking immature bud is even better than paying 400/oz for some so-so weed.

Nice thread, myself i use to spend a min. of 400$ a month on bud. This was for myself and the wife. We both have health issues and it is a necessity! I never really had an issue with paying for it but when we purchased our first house things changed. That's when i came to the conclusion i have to grow.The last time i bought bud was last september, and still have a nug from that last bag. It was absolutely garbage and didn't get us high, i keep it around as a reminder that my bud is good quality. I have yet to run out, and have also given some to friends and family.

Back
Top Bottom