Yankeetoker At It Again: C99 & Pineapple Chunk In Soil Under LED Lights

Congrats, that's a beautiful sight! :circle-of-love:

I'm looking at the math, and wondering ....you let your plants dry before you pulled, correct? The jar fullness correspond, so they aren't overly wet when you're weighing them.

Typically you retain about a quarter or lose about 78.5% - almost to the gram. If I get a choice, and I don't always - I pull them when they are fully watered. The reason is, that the initial dry down is much more important than any difference between wet/dry pulls. I want them to dry as slow as possible, taking 7 days at the absolute minimum. Pulling them while they are fully hydrated makes them take an extra day or two to dry, so it's a no brainer for me. Just curious about such things. :volcano-smiley:

Congrats, that's a beautiful sight! :circle-of-love:

I'm looking at the math, and wondering ....you let your plants dry before you pulled, correct? The jar fullness correspond, so they aren't overly wet when you're weighing them.

Typically you retain about a quarter or lose about 78.5% - almost to the gram. If I get a choice, and I don't always - I pull them when they are fully watered. The reason is, that the initial dry down is much more important than any difference between wet/dry pulls. I want them to dry as slow as possible, taking 7 days at the absolute minimum. Pulling them while they are fully hydrated makes them take an extra day or two to dry, so it's a no brainer for me. Just curious about such things. :volcano-smiley:
I watered the plants a day or so before cutting them down. I then placed them in my drying area and allowed them to dry on my drying rack (with stems attached so I could judge dryness by bending the stem).

I checked on them twice a day and rotated buds so they could dry evenly. Once the stems were not "bendy" (I know that isn't a word...lol), I removed buds from stems and jarred them with Boveda 62s.

Did I mess up?

YT

The harvest and plants - how fantastic! I agree with MagicJim, let's get a party started up in here! :party:

:lot-o-toke: :passitleft:

I see your cannacat is overseeing operations. :thumb: :)
He loves tending to the plants with me...I have to keep a spray bottle of water handy to keep him away...my last plant he nibbled on a few leaves....

YT

I watered the plants a day or so before cutting them down. I then placed them in my drying area and allowed them to dry on my drying rack (with stems attached so I could judge dryness by bending the stem).

I checked on them twice a day and rotated buds so they could dry evenly. Once the stems were not "bendy" (I know that isn't a word...lol), I removed buds from stems and jarred them with Boveda 62s.

Did I mess up?

YT

In my room it takes about 5 days from making kinks while bending to actually snapping. I leave them hanging until I hear the cracking sound. I suggest you check for condensation and spend 1/2 hour with the tops off the jars daily for a couple of weeks. (If the boveda packs get dry and crunchy, you can stop airing out the jars.)

This might be more than is needed - but you don't want to lose your harvest either !

If that's messing up, we all should try it lol......but I'm with Rado... check on them to make sure they don't have too much moisture. The Bov62 will dry out the air a little bit if it's over 62RH, but it won't save you from mold if it becomes full. You'll likely bleed off a few grams of water weight from here on out, but the numbers don't matter - just the produce (and the magic in there). I only use weight in this respect, to determine where the buds are in drying process.

I often put them in the jars early (likely what you did) when ambient RH is low (like now, winter), so that they don't dry too quickly. If they do, the effect is compromised. So, I wait for them to be crunchy on the outside, but still squishy on the inside, and then jar them with the lids unscrewed/off.....or I'll brown bag them. This slows down the process, but you have to make sure you air them out often so that you don't get mold or they get that wet grass smell. See - even when you think you mess up, you intuit the right thing ;)

In my room it takes about 5 days from making kinks while bending to actually snapping. I leave them hanging until I hear the cracking sound. I suggest you check for condensation and spend 1/2 hour with the tops off the jars daily for a couple of weeks. (If the boveda packs get dry and crunchy, you can stop airing out the jars.)

This might be more than is needed - but you don't want to lose your harvest either !
Thanks, Rado. I may have jarred a little early, but I check on my plants twice a day and when I tend to them, I burp my jars, given them a jostle,etc. I haven't noticed any condensation, and dang that smoke smells good. I smoked some last night that has been jarred since 11/22, and even my wife was impressed (she's a toker by association pretty much).

I know I did things wrong my first grow, that herb is pretty dry and smells like hay...lol. Its good smoke though....

So should my Boveda packs get crunchy? I thought they stayed in jars indefinitely, no?

Still learning over here...lol

YT

Thanks, Rado. I may have jarred a little early, but I check on my plants twice a day and when I tend to them, I burp my jars, given them a jostle,etc. I haven't noticed any condensation, and dang that smoke smells good. I smoked some last night that has been jarred since 11/22, and even my wife was impressed (she's a toker by association pretty much).

I know I did things wrong my first grow, that herb is pretty dry and smells like hay...lol. Its good smoke though....

So should my Boveda packs get crunchy? I thought they stayed in jars indefinitely, no?

Still learning over here...lol

YT

You did great - I'm probably just a bit fussy.

The Boveda packs can get waterlogged or dry out - mostly they dry out when they are left outside a container for a few weeks. Waterlogged, they feel like a disposable diaper after a baby has been swimming. Dried out, they feel like they are full of crushed cement.

When my Boveda packs dry out, I drop them in a full cup of water for 2-3 days.
Once they feel like a waterlogged diaper, I set them on the kicthen counter for 2-3 days.
Sometimes I forget and 2-3 days turns into a week - no big deal..
I then put them in a sealed jar or sealed baggie until they are ready to be used again.

The paper and ink are just fine, I've done this over 20 times, so I must have soaked and dried the same Boveda 62 pack more than once. I can't tell the difference between soaked and dried Boveda 62s and Boveda packs that have never been soaked.

P.s. Are you using Boveda packs in the older, hay smell weed ? It could help! :)

Re: Yankeetoker At It Again - C99 & Pineapple Chunk In Soil Under LED Lights

You did great - I'm probably just a bit fussy.

The Boveda packs can get waterlogged or dry out - mostly they dry out when they are left outside a container for a few weeks. Waterlogged, they feel like a disposable diaper after a baby has been swimming. Dried out, they feel like they are full of crushed cement.

When my Boveda packs dry out, I drop them in a full cup of water for 2-3 days.
Once they feel like a waterlogged diaper, I set them on the kicthen counter for 2-3 days.
Sometimes I forget and 2-3 days turns into a week - no big deal..
I then put them in a sealed jar or sealed baggie until they are ready to be used again.

The paper and ink are just fine, I've done this over 20 times, so I must have soaked and dried the same Boveda 62 pack more than once. I can't tell the difference between soaked and dried Boveda 62s and Boveda packs that have never been soaked.

P.s. Are you using Boveda packs in the older, hay smell weed ? It could help! :)

Thanks for the tip on rehydrating the Boveda packs.

I do actually have Boveda packs in the older weed, and it is smelling "better"....but not like this Pineapple Chunk .

The C99 has been drying since last weekend...going to put it in jars either tonight or in the a.m.

Might have to grab me a tester too....

YT

Also....guess what I did last night....

420-magazine-mobile996104393.jpg

20 gallons of goodness....seriously should only need to water girls that I put in here. Using the thought process behind the High Brix movement, I designed my own mix with lots of rocks and calcium and stuff....feel free to discuss....I will add my list of amendments later.

YT

That's a dam good idea Radocast, it does get humid in W Ma. , and I sometimes have same low Rh problems. I never thought of that I guess because I didn't want all that heavy wet soil to deal with !! Ha !! ILl dam sure try that next time rh is low at harvest !! Magic Jin's throwing a party, so I gotta go !!

Update 12/5/16 (Day 35 from seed).

Lights currently on 18 hours and off 6. Both plants had lights on 24 hours until pre-flowers started, then I dialed it back.

Bubblegum auto....Bridget

420-magazine-mobile160200771.jpg

Gorilla Glue auto....Glory

420-magazine-mobile1704328411.jpg

Thanks for stopping by....

YT

Nice !! I've never tried autos.

Your autos look pretty good compared to my photoperiod Day 35 from seed (18/6 light) :)

20161206_092933.jpg

Your autos look pretty good compared to my photoperiod Day 35 from seed (18/6 light) :)

20161206_092933.jpg
Wow....that's crazy! These autos are growing much faster and bigger than the autos I grew in my first grow. I attempted to supercrop the gorilla glue a little bit, she's getting rather tall on me.

Sent from my LG-V410 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Update 12/9/16 ( Day 39 autos)....

Here is Bridget (Bubble gum auto)

She's a bit "skinny", but is nice and healthy with good color.

420-magazine-mobile1035085092.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1552197169.jpg

Now the Gorilla Glue auto is a bit unruly, but nice and healthy...I attempted to supercrop, but the 3rd main cola had too much going on, so I only cropped 2 of them....

420-magazine-mobile1055944737.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1787812427.jpg

Thanks for stopping by...

YT

Update 12/10/16 (Day 40 autos)

Both plants were soaked in 2 gallons of pH adjusted water yesterday (5 days between last watering ).

Swapped out one of my LED lights for a 150 watt HPS (figured it would help keep temps up)...

Supercropped the 3rd main cola on the Gorilla Glue, and she is looking pretty good...

420-magazine-mobile2052777317.jpg

Lots of potential bud sites...
420-magazine-mobile1842666837.jpg

420-magazine-mobile572939118.jpg

Bridget aka Bubblegum auto is now under the HPS....and buds continue to stack...

420-magazine-mobile1567783031.jpg

Thanks for stopping by. ...

YT

Back
Top Bottom