Yankeetoker's 2nd Grow Attempt - 2016 - All Advice Welcome!

I know it's been a couple of weeks, but I have basically been preparing to harvest these girls:circle-of-love:

Cut Lexi down last night, and here are a couple of pics....will chop Hope next this weekend:thumb:

Not a big yielder, but still proud that they made it through until the end...
20160707_184634.jpg

20160707_212332.jpg

YT

Let us know how you like the smoke. Lexi looks sticky :)
So all three girls (Canuk seeds White Widows) have been chopped....Lexi was first and is now in jars with Boveda 62s. I got a little over an ounce from her (34 g) which isn't much but she lived through all my blunders!

I took a bud out of one of the jars and examined it under my mini microscope and it is quite frosty and hit pretty well. I like the taste (very light), but the high leaves me "stuck" (not my preference for daytime smoke).

I hadn't really researched strains before I started this grow (I just smoked without knowing the effects of each strain. ), but now I know better.

Will post updates on the other 2 girls (and my Northern Lights and Royal Haze autos) before closing this out!.

YT

Happy you have some fine buds to smoke. WW should be social and up, very talkative can't keep your mouth shut type of weed. Maybe it will change a bit in the dry/cure. Try to dry them out as slowly as you can, keep them in high humidity 60-70% RH if possible, and then when dry-ish on the outside and still somewhat heavy with just a little bit of water left inside - you can put them in jars. I like to jar early, and burp often to keep the smells and effect the way I like. Congrats on your first harvest YT!

Happy you have some fine buds to smoke. WW should be social and up, very talkative can't keep your mouth shut type of weed. Maybe it will change a bit in the dry/cure. Try to dry them out as slowly as you can, keep them in high humidity 60-70% RH if possible, and then when dry-ish on the outside and still somewhat heavy with just a little bit of water left inside - you can put them in jars. I like to jar early, and burp often to keep the smells and effect the way I like. Congrats on your first harvest YT!
When I was growing, all three plants looked completely different. I took a sample of one of the other plants this morning when I was jarring it up, so I will give it a try after work .

I hung all the main cola in a makeshift drying cabinet with RH in the low 60s and temps around 75. Once the stems were near snapping and the outside of buds was dry, I jarred them and put a Boveda 62 in each jar.

Smaller buds were placed on a drying rack in my grow room with similar conditions. I still have to jar what's left on the drying rack and the main cola from my Royal Haze auto.

Already planning the next one....Pineapple Chunk and C99 (photos) and Lemon Kush and Bubblegum Kush or Northern Lights (autos)!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

When I was growing, all three plants looked completely different. I took a sample of one of the other plants this morning when I was jarring it up, so I will give it a try after work .

I hung all the main cola in a makeshift drying cabinet with RH in the low 60s and temps around 75. Once the stems were near snapping and the outside of buds was dry, I jarred them and put a Boveda 62 in each jar.

Smaller buds were placed on a drying rack in my grow room with similar conditions. I still have to jar what's left on the drying rack and the main cola from my Royal Haze auto.

Already planning the next one....Pineapple Chunk and C99 (photos) and Lemon Kush and Bubblegum Kush or Northern Lights (autos)!

420-magazine-mobile1051917328.jpg

A look at the final colas (Hope and Bernie).....

Was just looking through some of your journal, I ordered my NL from Nirvana too and the 2 I planted look completely different from each other. And I'm using fish emulsion, kelp extract and molasses. But for my next grow I'm gonna add maybe blood meal and or worm castings and definitely PH down.

Your harvest looks good, 4-5 weeks till my harvest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Was just looking through some of your journal, I ordered my NL from Nirvana too and the 2 I planted look completely different from each other. And I'm using fish emulsion, kelp extract and molasses. But for my next grow I'm gonna add maybe blood meal and or worm castings and definitely PH down.

Your harvest looks good, 4-5 weeks till my harvest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Thanks for stopping by...the 2 Nirvana Northern Lights autos that I grew, were really tiny....I only had them in 2 gallon pots, but will try 3 gallon pots next time to give them more room.

I used a modified soil recipe from PeeJay and Dennise, and was pretty happy with it. I did start to add some kelp, fish fert, and CalMag to address deficiencies, heat stress, etc along the way.

This was my 2nd grow attempt /1st successful grow, so I feel pretty good about the yield, and the knowledge I picked up during the process .

Gonna stop over and check out your grow....

Good Luck!

YT

Trimmed and jarred the final White Widow plant....83g total for the 3 plants...8g from the 2 Northern Lights autos....still waiting to get final yield from the Royal Haze Auto drying.

Over 3 ounces from my first grow....not bad! Thanks, Rado, PeeJay, Dennise, and CareStaker for lending a hand! . I will definitely share what I learned with other "newbies".

After sampling the White Widow from one of my other plants, the effect was definitely more in line with the reviews I had read. More of a relaxed high, sat around talking with family, but definitely not "stuck". Hopefully the bud from the first plant will improve as it cures!

Lots of options for the next go round...but it will definitely be just 2 photos and 2 autos!.

Dropped a C99 and Pineapple Chunk into glasses of water yesterday.

Both had sunk to the bottom of their glasses this morning, so I put them between moist paper towels in ziploc bags (slightly opened)on top of the cable box.

Couldn't even make it 2 weeks without starting again.....growing is addictive!

Will start a new journal once they pop....

YT

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Looking good Yankee. Hey again I appreciate the guidance. You the man. Have a great Thanksgiving bud, lol. Bud = buddy and bud that goes well with appetite. Haha. Thx again. Ttyl. JR. Riley.

Back
Top Bottom