420 Magazine Background

Yarddog's L.A. Confidential-Smart Pot w/Roots Organic soil-HPS-closet grow

YardDog35

Plant of the Month Winner - December 2011
Hi all :welcome:

I'm going to start this one off with a few words that have nothing to do with this grow. I want to applaud all of the growers here on 420 :bravo: for there diligence and hard work. I've seen some amazing plants lately, grown in all different ways. There are great things going on out there! :yummy:

And for those of you still learning, and gaining the confidence to dive into a grow...jump in! There is a ton of support here at 420 :peace:

YardDog35

I picked up some inspiration for the start of my new journal. This is only the second time I've medicated with Master Kush. I think I know what I'm growing next!

On to the L.A.

This is my busy time at work so unfortunately I haven't been able to log this grow as much as I would have liked.

L.A. Confidential clone from Oaksterdam.

Clone started in 2 gallon Smart Pot with Fox Farm Happy Frog.

Vegged under 2-23 watt cfls for a month. Kept small intentionally, topped 4 times. Fed General Hydroponics Flora Nova grow, and GH florablend...lightly. PH 6.6

Transplanted to a 7 gallon Smart Pot filled with Roots Organic soil.

Vegged 10 more days under 250w metal halide. Fed half GH grow and half bloom during transfer.

Grow tent with an 18" x 36" footprint, 60" tall. Hydrofarm Daystar A/C hood with 250 watt bulb, powered by a Lumitek digital ballast. I run a separate intake and exhaust for my hood with a 6" inline fan. Tent has 80 cfm of filtered intake in the bottom, a passive 1"x4" vent on top, and a 70 cfm computer fan exhaust...70 cfm is advertised lol, feels like 40.

Early flowering

YardDog35

Today is a little over 30 days of flower. L.A. Confidential is suppose to be early flowering, as little as 56 days. I thinks 60+ is a better target.

Flowers are dense and sticky. Odor is there but not strong.

Feeding Flora Nova grow, FloraBlend, Floralicious plus, and KoolBloom. PH 6.8

YardDog35

Had her out of the tent for a watering/close inspection yesterday. I've been giving full nute schedule every other watering. Noticed a little bit of spotting on some fan leaves during inspection. Look to be a calcium deficiency so I added 5 ml of GH Organic line cal mag.

Got some pics under regular light.

Scott Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Top Bottom