Yarddogs lil' diy veg cab

I needed something a little more practical to veg 2-3 plants. More practical than closet shelves lol. I have a master :bong: plan put together to achieve possibly two harvest's a month...more likely one a month, which, in my little space would be chill.

A while back two thirds of a sheet of 3/4" Melamine appeared in my shop at work (this happens now and then, small company so people think "someone will get rid of it for me"...f'ing salesman lol. Well this time it was in my favor cause I cut that sum bitch up.

The cab measures 29" high x 22" wide x 14" deep. It houses a 5 plug strip mounted vertical, running 5 23 watt 6500 kelvin cfl bulbs. The array is made up of plug to light socket adapters with Y-sockets used. All of the lighting can be purchased at Lowes, or most other hardware stores. I like Lowes for cfl's.
For the plants workout regimen, I installed a 78 cfm computer fan from good old Radio Shack...or 'The Shack'? wtf? This fan could be used for ventilation as well, but this cab has no front.

Don't laugh at my cut for the fan...all I had was my cordless Sawzall and a big wood blade! Oh and a paddle bit to start the cut...:)

diy_veg_cab_011.jpg

diy_veg_cab_012.jpg

diy_veg_cab_003.jpg

diy_veg_cab_013.jpg

diy_veg_cab_010.jpg

diy_veg_cab_008.jpg

diy_veg_cab_009.jpg

Sorry for blurry shots.

Crowded already!
diy_veg_cab_005.jpg

Perfect fit in the closet
diy_veg_cab_002.jpg

The melamine is a sucker to work with, being white and easy to clean is a big plus though. I pre-drilled all my holes before screwing the pieces together. I also caulked with Liquid Nails before finale assembly. If I had the money to purchase materials I would have used 3/4" MDF and bought a quart of flat white.

At the end of the day this serves its purpose and was simple to make.

Happy growing my friends! :passitleft:

I did the clean veg cab setup! and I have the same fans on my box haha!! + rep!!!

Thanks! The fans work great. + rep right back at ya :grinjoint:

I have that fan for an intake on my gaming computer...lol

Multi-purpose for sure. I've had it running at 9v before with no problems, pushes a lot of air at 9v lol

I too use two of those fans, but for my light fixture! Great fans for $10 ea.

Good job man! :high-five:

Thank you. Yeah can't beat the price, especially when you get your finger to close and the dang thing draws blood and breaks a fan blade at the same time...true story :tokin: not too bad of a replacement cost haha!

I have since turned the lil veg cab into a flower stage starting cab. Sealed some things off and ran exhaust straight out the top. I have another one of these fans on 5v giving a breeze to the young one inside.

I'll get some update pics up soon, it works great.

Ooooh, I'd not dare get my fingers near those blades. I run it at max power and it's possible my finger wouldn't be there afterwards! I tell u what though. At my strongest use of this computer, dual client gaming, watching a movie on my dual monitors with probably 40 chrome/firefox tabs open as well, my computer rarely goes over 55-60°c!

On a more on topic note, I can't wait to get my little build going. I was originally going to just try to cram as much in and get the plants as big as I could with the little room I have and start again, but I've got problems. I'm a stoner and I have thoughts. I have this mind that just won't let something be simple (cursed with a very high iq). I've been looking around and I've got this idea that I can't wait to try out. In a short while I can build it, in about 3 months I can actually try it out full fledged. After seeing plants bud beautifully at 18", I've got this idea that's rather crazy, but if it works out, i'll have a small fully operational hydro system. I can't wait to post it on here. I'm thinking about trying LED lighting too, but I can't seem to find much support or feedback about it. What I can find is positive though, nothing really negative, just not much of it. With the size I have to work with a light scheme like this really won't work, but it really helped me get the size I have into perspective and what I could truly do with it. I'll be working with 48"h 22"w 30"d. I have another small compartment available that I'd like to put a mother in if possible one day.

Back
Top Bottom