Yay - My First Garden

InstantCoffee

Hello, I have tried in the past but failed due to living conditions. I now have a room with a walk in and a medical card so here I go... I will try to post as many pics of what I got going on. What I got so far is minimal, but it might work. Also, I have some vegetable starts in my grow room with the weed, is this stupid? I would like to grow both in same room.

-walk in closet(kinda small kinda big)
-1 Afgoo clone(inidica)
-1 Jesus OG clone(indica)
-150 watt sun systems hps(don't laugh)
-6 inch elicent inline fan
-window fan for circulation
-kelloggs organic potting soil(from lowes)
-Miracle grow all purpose(all I can afford now)
-65 watt cfl
-2 20 watt cfl

Okay let me try a test photo here...
f3ddzl.png

Subscribed. You may be able to use your Compact Florescent Light if you can mount it horizontally as side lighting.

Here is a guide to nutrients and how to use them, there is a section on Miracle Gro nutrients

Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

Hi InstantCoffee.

Welcome to 420 Magazine and congratulations on starting your garden!

Everything looks great and you apparently have a fairly green thumb. I would like to suggest you consider moving your HPS a little closer to your girls. I think it could be as close as 12-14 inches from the top of your plants they would derive the full benefit of your light.

Be well, happy growing and again-welcome to :420:

You should be able to lower your light. Place your hand underneath the light to the point you can not feel any heat from the bulb and move it above your canopy to that level, raise the light as your plants grow.

Here are some lumen versus distance charts, they do not take heat into account

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

HPS_chart.jpg

High_Intensity_Light_Coverage.jpg

grow-room-light-distances.jpg

HPSGraphPAR.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom