Ye Olde Organic Perpetual Garden by Cona

The STS products are supposed to kill that shit in its tracks. I haven't had to deal with it myself...yet. I hear it's like riding a motorcycle, if you do it long enough you'll eventually lay it down. So I am bracing myself for the time I have to deal with it. That is one of my motivations behind ordering the ozone generator, it will kill mold and mildew spores and I can use it to sanitized the space between grows and outside of the grow to treat the air going in. Nothing is 100% but I am trying to get as close as possible.

Hope you kill it before it gets out of hand.

I purchased a sulpher burner today. Weather I wanted to or not 3 plants got harvested today as they were just done and sulpher late in flower is a nono.

Look on the bright side....I took down 3 plants that were just turning white chromes....and 2 powerplant and one Ice is a big stinking bunch-o-bud in my hanging closet. Glad I have a filter on it to.

C

C

Does anyone here like Black Sabbbath? Dio? Ozzy?. Man I love the torrent sites for getting music. I have been searching for rare songs, Tributes and bootlegs. I just found a torrent that has a bunch of really high quality Dio live albums on Demonoid. These are actually released albums that I never knew about. Bunch of really cool old school rock.

Love me my Sabbath. Shows my age huh...hehe

Cona

Has anyone here had budrot develope after hanging and drying. I did the paperbag method then into jars burping them useing a small hydrometer in the jars. Burped them twice each day down to 63% humidity. Then let them go a day and got bud rot in 4 jars. All one plant Ice plant.

What did I do wrong?

Cona

Can budrot develope if the buds get handled to much? I have been takeing them out of the jars to dry more if the humidity gets over 65% in the jars. 1 or 2 hours out of the jars then baCK IN.

Has anyone here had budrot develope after hanging and drying. I did the paperbag method then into jars burping them useing a small hydrometer in the jars. Burped them twice each day down to 63% humidity. Then let them go a day and got bud rot in 4 jars. All one plant Ice plant.

What did I do wrong?

Cona

Can budrot develope if the buds get handled to much? I have been takeing them out of the jars to dry more if the humidity gets over 65% in the jars. 1 or 2 hours out of the jars then baCK IN.
Budrot can spread very easily. Make sure you sterilize anything that comes in contact with the buds, I keep my trimming scissors in a glass of rubbing alcohol. All it takes is a little moisture and a few spores and you have a nightmare on your hands. I lost a small jar of caramelicous buds I had in long-term cure. I can only think that was before I would sterilize my gear, and curing jars before using them.

Even though 62 feels dry to the bud, it's still in the range for mold growth, so it's important to keep a close eye on them.

Lots of ways to kill mold spores, ozone, UV light, preventative sprays (SNS-244) and I'm sure a host of other remedies. The best course of action is prevention. Lower the RH in budding, keep the air moving, if possible filter the incoming air (either HEPA or UV light chamber).

The bottom line is, mold spores are every where--literally. You'll never get rid of them all. The best you can do is contain and minimize.

Make sure you sterilize the jars you were using to cure those buds, either boil them or a hot-bleach bath will work.

Sorry for the loss.

I scrubbed them then ran them through the dishwasher....I think they will be ok now. I also found a nice size jar for my trimming scissors that I will fill with vodka or rubbing alcohol.

Hey Cona! Bummer on d ice plant! Nature always finds a way they say.... This time she found a way to throw a monkey wrench in your plan. How are the rest of buds? Ne smoke report on d power plant?

Hey Cona! Bummer on d ice plant! Nature always finds a way they say.... This time she found a way to throw a monkey wrench in your plan. How are the rest of buds? Ne smoke report on d power plant?

The rest of the buds were great. I have a Ice plant about to finish again so I will be able to try it after all again:Namaste:

As for the Power Plant its my favorite for yeald and bag appeal. Its potent and keeps experienced smokers satisfied. Its the best yealding plant I have grown for sure...right next to ak48 with around 3-4 quart jars dried grown in a 5 gallon smart pot and vegged for 4-5 weeks. So about 3-4 ounces per plant consistantly. With anal training and 6 weeks vegged your sure to get between 3-5 ounces. The buds are solid with trichromes makeing the bud rigid throught the bud. Smell is a skunky sweet piney smell with little fruityness comming out. If you want big thick forearm size buds of potent hard as rock smoke with great bag appeal this is your seed to buy. Its the Nervana seeds Pure Powerplant. I still have 2 seeds left. There seems to be 2 phenos with one sative and one more indice with less side branches. I have a sative pheno that makes side buds the size of goose eggs. They even look just like the main top cola.

Now theres a informative smoke/grow report. :bravo: Cona

Cona

always wanted to try the PPP, so many strains i feel like I'll never get to try them all

Thanks for stopping by for a chat:welldone:

Oh I hear that. I just popped some new beans these last few weeks. I have in flower the following. ICE, Powerplant, and Chocolope. In Veg I have Powerplant (always), Chocolope, Kandy Kush, Headband, Sensistar,Sweettooth and another Raspberry Cough. The Kandy kush, Chocolope, Sweet tooth and headband are new strains to my garden. I havent tried the Chocolope either yet and the suspense is just killing me....Its not done yet either.

Cona

nice strains you have there man, I'm pretty antsy myself as I'm growing out a few new strains for the first time, they're still in veg so I have some time, but can't wait until I can sample them all. I'm phasing out the wonder woman for now, and keeping SLH, white widow, master kush, og kush #18, afghan kush, cheese, and aurora indica. I only had 1 seed of the AK, OG, and Cheese, so those will be cloned for sure, the others I have more seeds so depending on quality, I might keep them around, might not.

TheCrimsonK20 said:
nice strains you have there man, I'm pretty antsy myself as I'm growing out a few new strains for the first time, they're still in veg so I have some time, but can't wait until I can sample them all. I'm phasing out the wonder woman for now, and keeping SLH, white widow, master kush, og kush #18, afghan kush, cheese, and aurora indica. I only had 1 seed of the AK, OG, and Cheese, so those will be cloned for sure, the others I have more seeds so depending on quality, I might keep them around, might not.

U have quite a variety there to say the least lol out of the kush strains u have which one is ur favorite? The most potent?

not sure yet since they're all still in veg. I haven't had a kush strain in a while so I figured I'd start a few and pick the best to keep in my arsenal.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the afghan since its pure indica, and then the OG #18. Check my journal in a few months for some more info regarding them though, I'll be posting up smoke reports of them all

Back
Top Bottom