Ye Olde Organic Perpetual Garden by Cona

Cona

:welcome: to my home gardening thread. Pull up a chair and I will load up a spliff here in a minute....:tokin:

I am starting this thread as my journal and will record the many plants that pass through my flowering room. Here open to discussion is any aspect of growing...not just organic. Let me make clear that I am not a 100% organic grower but almost. If there is something out there to increase yeald or potency I will use it. Primarily I grow organically for the most part. Here is my room specs.

10x16ish and 6.5 foot ceiling. 1000 watt sealed hood. I have a small cabinet in my room for vegging about 5 plants in 5 gallon pots. I also do my clones in there as well as the 1 gallon pots. This cabinet has a t-5 fixture with 8 bulbs 6 blue and 2 red. I have a air conditioner and dehumidifier in my room and can control the environment down to the pubic hair.

I use soil that is amended myself with a modified supersoil recipe that I am tweaking to my growing style. I also do many microbial and guano teas throughout my plants life-cycle. I use no ph meters or PPM meters and my water is from the tap at 160 PPM currently.

We constructed my room last year when I started growing for needed medicine for chronic pain and depression. My first post in my thread will be some old pics from building my room so you can see what I am working in.
I have been growing for just over 1 year. and can keep 15 plants but dont need near that much.

Feel free to comment good or bad. questions will be answered if asked polightly and not completely obvious. Spelling is at a 8th grade level in here so beware of that. Im a terrible speller and hate having to correct it so I live with misspelled werds..hehe

start_day.jpg

Fishing_005_resize.JPG

plywood_day_resize.jpg

white_paint2_resize.JPG

Re: Ye olde organic perpetual garden...by Cona

:welcome: Here is a few more pics of my room and one of my drying cabnet. I made the cabnet so I can bring my plants from the 80 degree room for hanging. I hang them for a few days then into paper bags for a few days then into jars fitted with hygrometers so I can control the humidity in the jars precisly by burping the jars each day till they reach 60%. I will smoke no bud till it has curred for at least 30 days....not including testing. I made the cabnet from one that I found at a second hand store. It is fitted with a home made charcoal filter that removes all smell. Even in the room standing next to it full of killer bud there is little to no smell. Works awesome. I havent made detailed plans for the diy filter or my cab but its pretty straight forward. I can hang 4 wire hangers full of bud in the top part of the cabnet and I have 5 treys with screens that Ive made where I can dry bud or sugar leaves for hash makeing.

008_resize_resize.JPG
06418.JPG

Flowering in my garden is mostly Nervana genetics. I have a Blackjack, 3 Power Plant, a Ice, a Raspberry Cough, Ak-48, and Super Skunk. I will get pics in the morning just before the big ligh comes on. I also got my seeds yesterday. Next few months I will be rotating in some of these seeds to try. I like a variety and so do most people around here:).

IMG_040814.JPG

This plant filled 3.5 jars...5 gallon pot vegged 6 weeks I would say not to shabby. But I can smoke alot of weed so it doesnt last long around here..:Namaste: It was AK48 and the buds are as hard as rocks!!

DSCN02785.JPG

Thanks you guys. I missed my picture oportunity again today. With the big light on it really makes for lousy pics.

I have a superskunk that is really fat with colas. Looks dense healthy and responds well to my teas and organic stimulators but why it has no skunky smell like Nervana says in their description I have no idea. I have been reading about skunky type plants. I want something to remind me of the skunky sweet smelling weed of the 80s that we used to get. From what Ive read sensi seeds has the market cornered with the best skunk varietys. Can someone recomend their best representation of what Im looking for? I usually look at 10 or 20 reviews to make my own opinion so I can make informed purchasing decisions. Do it with cars,electronics and whatever.....I should have done it with skunk.

Cona

Ok...I finally got a chance to update pics.

Here is Pure Powerplant...getting close now. I am amazed by the quality of the buds. The texture is supurb and taste is great. Bag appeal is one of the best we have seen...not that I care to much about that...I just wanna see how ripped we can get to ease our days pains. Works great for nerve damage in my arm and back aches.

Heres to powerplant for being such a team player :adore: :high-five: :adore: :bravo:

IMG_04127.JPG

IMG_04188.JPG

IMG_044110.JPG

IMG_04445.JPG

Even these lower side branches are gonna be great smoke. Notice how I tie them up because they droop from the weight. :) Before I started growing organic style these lower buds I called popcorn and they got culled into the sugar leaf bag for hash or brownie...now one of those can weigh almost an 8th ounce. Big difference.
IMG_04229.JPG

IMG_04137.JPG

More to come...Thanks for stoppin in and saying High!

Cona

Here is a new one for me. They are just startin to bud so we can follow them to the end in this thread.

Here is the weekend whopper special from Nervana a while back. It was raspberry cough and Ice seeds for the price of one. We will see how they turn out. These were vegged under a t-5 fixture for 6 weeks or so. 5 gallon smartpots with supersoil tweaked some by me. They are about 2 weeks in flower. The Ice plant really stretched....but I can see it is gonna have HUGE buds when its done. Looks like 24 inch buds...I will measure them so we know...sometimes you can just tell its gonna be a massive flower.

Ok..heres Raspberry and Ice.

IMG_04249.JPG

Here is Ice...lookin sexy...

IMG_04687.JPG

Last but not to be forgotten. Here is Blackjack and I love this smoke. The smell is just killer. Its like a lemonberry along with paint thinner. It screames euphoria big time. :)
IMG_046511.JPG

Ok...I also popped a chocolope and Vortex today and transplanted 2 plants...Oh the work is never done...but we love it dont we. I say marijuana is not addicting...growing it is....:peace:

Here is Nervanas idea of superskunk. Im not impressed. Its a beautiful plant with what Im sure will be very pleasing smoke but when it says on their website that it will funk up your house and better buy new air filters first then I get this mild smelling indica...it just makes me kinda pissed but I sure like their other strains. Im gonna get sensi skunk next time.

SUPERskunk :passitleft:

IMG_04397.JPG

IMG_04387.JPG

IMG_04368.JPG

IMG_04356.JPG

That is prolly the Raspberry cough. I dont know if it smells like raspberry yet. It does have that purple lavender mendo type of smell. If it taste like mendo with better potence I will be thrilled.

Cona

Nice thread, I'm subbed. Big fan of organic for a long time.

Pic updates comming soon....same bat time same bat place......

Tea tutorial, some good reading there.....thanks

The superskunk gets axed

Chop day...I know.....lots of blond hairs but the trichromes say its done. It is past its alotted time in the flower room anyway.....its down today.

Nervanas Super Skunk.........subcool supersoil style....:high-five:

IMG_04757.JPG

:)

IMG_048211.JPG

:bong:

IMG_048513.JPG

:bongrip:

IMG_048610.JPG

:thanks:

Thanks for stopin.

Killin it!!!!

Cona