Yeast CO2, effective?

steve47

Hi all,
I have 2 vents on a 100x70x50cm grow room and my heat is getting up to 32c/89f
and its probably the lowest it will get now (summer).

I found out that people are using yeast + sugar to produce continues CO2 to their plants.
Anyone tried that? does anyone thinks it can be effective to a small ventilated grow room?

Thanks

ok so i made more research about it and realized what i need to do in order to have co2
but my main question is.. how much ppm can i get of yeast co2 in a grow room of my size?

lets say i use 2 2L bottles, can that get me near 1000 ppm?

thanks

I doubt it would get that high, but I could be wrong as there is 400 ppm in the air so you have to almost double it, I rekon u could reach up to 600, and remember either have the co2 outlet right behind the fan so it blows onto the plants or have it above the plants as the co2 is heavier than oxygen, if u just put it in the pot it could suffocate your roots and lead to death. :)

cool, thanks :)
i will try it with 4 bottles and i will place them above the plant.
hopefully it will do the trick

thanks jamthe3 but i need something that will last longer. also its not that easy for me to get dry ice every day :/

nah, I didn't say it right...just do it once to see how your ventilation moves it around as its easy to follow the "fog's" path with the eye. Then you'll know what's needed as far as placement for the yeast bottles w/o over worrying bout it.

Feel free to check out my grow journal, there was just a great discussion on CO2 and yeast production, lots of good information.

I'm sure he will but by all means feel free to answer his question here also

haha...we literally just answered his question on my journal in a page long discussion on CO2 and yeast, thats why I didn't type an answer :)

haha...we literally just answered his question on my journal in a page long discussion on CO2 and yeast, thats why I didn't type an answer :)

Lmfao, I read it there...good stuff, was just trying to politely entice a cut and paste as many won't click the link from not knowing. Sorry if I offended.

Lmfao, I read it there...good stuff, was just trying to politely entice a cut and paste as many won't click the link from not knowing. Sorry if I offended.

Not at all my friend :) was just too much to copy and paste LOL :) definitely great info thanks to our awesome members here :)

Back
Top Bottom