Yellow & brown leaf

Lol! Yes, lots of poor info out there.. Which is what makes 420mag so nice! Not just an article, but rather an on-going conversation with people.

I was definitely water too often when first starting.. And now realizing purhaps the amount is a little heavy too. Thanks so much all. Feel like this has been a great learning experience already.

im on all the forums and this is the one i frequent the most, its imo the best one online

Lol! Yes, lots of poor info out there.. Which is what makes 420mag so nice! Not just an article, but rather an on-going conversation with people.

I was definitely water too often when first starting.. And now realizing purhaps the amount is a little heavy too. Thanks so much all. Feel like this has been a great learning experience already.
Hey man we all make lots of mistakes especially in the beginning that is how we learn it all and is also one of the most enjoyable thing about this hobby try learn try again never be afraid to experiment you may find better practices that we never had the right of and most of all have fun

Well a second leaf up is now dying on me.. The RH is too low and I'm wondering if it's taking a toll. Ah well.. bummer.
Can you send me a recent photo and how low is your RH mike has been averaging 20-35% and the girls don’t seem too bothered by it as long as I keep trying to do what I can, send me photos of the plant the pot and the area she is living in I’ll try and help you as best I can

I really appreciate that man. I woke us this morning to an RH of about 13%! That was lowest I've seen. Usually around 20-35% as well actually, and 40-50% during dark hours.. which happen to be right now, so flicked a light on for 2 seconds.. Better pics could be taken at 9pm.

First pic will be the orginal 2 leaves that grew.. Completely died, so I chopped em. Also I FIMed the plant yesterday... Hope I didnt mess anything up there.

Only one serving of nutrients have been given so far, and that was 1/4 the amount suggested for mild veg growth. Perhaps that's my problem right there? The nutrients are a 3 part liquid system from Green Planet. Thanks again man!!

Screenshot_20190325-204042.png
Screenshot_20190326-162758.png
Screenshot_20190326-162824.png
Screenshot_20190326-162836.png
Screenshot_20190326-162848.png

PS.. Lots more info in my grow journal here.

I really appreciate that man. I woke us this morning to an RH of about 13%! That was lowest I've seen. Usually around 20-35% as well actually, and 40-50% during dark hours.. which happen to be right now, so flicked a light on for 2 seconds.. Better pics could be taken at 9pm.

First pic will be the orginal 2 leaves that grew.. Completely died, so I chopped em. Also I FIMed the plant yesterday... Hope I didnt mess anything up there.

Only one serving of nutrients have been given so far, and that was 1/4 the amount suggested for mild veg growth. Perhaps that's my problem right there? The nutrients are a 3 part liquid system from Green Planet. Thanks again man!!

Screenshot_20190325-204042.png
Screenshot_20190326-162758.png
Screenshot_20190326-162824.png
Screenshot_20190326-162836.png
Screenshot_20190326-162848.png

i can guarantee that has nothing to do with humidity, i have plants growing vigourously in 16% rh
including a fricking seedling which had no humidity dome or any special treatment whatsoever.
well ok maybe it is some kind of strain that cant handle low rh, but i highly doubt it

whats your medium?
whats your nutes?
whats your ph going in?
are you using amendments?
lots of variables that we cant eliminate because we have no info, but i really dont think you have anythig to worry about as far as rh goes.
just leave it alone and as long as the plant is alive, you can nurse it back to health later.
if this is your first grow, just focus on proper care and keeping the plant happy.

when you can keep the plant alive through flowering a few times, then you can worry about humidity more to try to maximize your efficiency/time/yield.

if you got low humidity and you arent on a stringent production timetable, just leave it be, you will want the humidity low at the end of flowerin anyways.
when the plant gets bigger, it will produce some humidity on its own from the wet medium and the heat from your lights and the plants transpiration

I will check out your journal for sure bro and I don’t have much experience with green Planet 3 part but have heard good things I use advanced nutrients 3 part it dose me very well so far from what I see your off to a good start aside from this bottom leaves she looks healthy and no you won’t have hurt her with the fim maybe slow her down a bit but she is old enough to handle it for sure I think that’s a mag/ iron issue bro try upping the feed to half strength and try a Foliar feed with Cal mag if you have it that will really help the stressed plant be able to take up nutrients again and try if you can to get a ph reading off your soiless mix I know with a plant that small it’s gard to get run off on a big pot like that but let her dry out good and on your next fresh water do almost a mini flush that will help “reset” your soil from any imbalance of nutrients and should buffer your PH after this let her dry out good again before your next feeding and supplement the cal mag through a Foliar feeding schedule if you need help to put one together I can give you a hand I just need to know what you have to work with

K good to know thanks. I didn't think low RH would have that effect on lower leaves only.. But it and my initial watering are the only two things I know are wrong for sure!

personally im not in a rush to produce flower.
i let the plant get bigger and stronger before i worry about much. some plants looked like shit, but in all my time growing, albeit not that long, i have never had a plant die and i have never not brought a seed to finish (except for a mother plant i still have growing)

IMO main reason people kill plants is by trying to speed things up, such as, im going to add a bunch of nutes that it doesnt need because ill think it grows faster. or let me add this stuff that is spsoed to kick things up a notch, but ends up screwing with the balance of the mediums ph.

cannabis will grow through alot, you gotta really have some inadequate enviroment to mess things up.
first grow, just let the plant be and learn from it instead of focusing on the final product

I will check out your journal for sure bro and I don’t have much experience with green Planet 3 part but have heard good things I use advanced nutrients 3 part it dose me very well so far from what I see your off to a good start aside from this bottom leaves she looks healthy and no you won’t have hurt her with the fim maybe slow her down a bit but she is old enough to handle it for sure I think that’s a mag/ iron issue bro try upping the feed to half strength and try a Foliar feed with Cal mag if you have it that will really help the stressed plant be able to take up nutrients again and try if you can to get a ph reading off your soiless mix I know with a plant that small it’s gard to get run off on a big pot like that but let her dry out good and on your next fresh water do almost a mini flush that will help “reset” your soil from any imbalance of nutrients and should buffer your PH after this let her dry out good again before your next feeding and supplement the cal mag through a Foliar feeding schedule if you need help to put one together I can give you a hand I just need to know what you have to work with

i think the mag iron sounds plausible, but we dont know what he is growing in, or what ph or what nutes.
yeah either defiency, or ph is off, we dont have enough info yet to make that call though

K good to know thanks. I didn't think low RH would have that effect on lower leaves only.. But it and my initial watering are the only two things I know are wrong for sure!
:welcome: to :420: hjayu94 :passitleft:...best advice I can give...listen to @Emilya buddy...and you can tell when it needs water because it will droop and look like it's going to die :rofl: but it's not...that's just it's "gas" gauge to tell you it's tank is empty :thumb: :goodluck:

I have been talking off and on and have a good idea of what he is dealing with he is using a basic potting mix with 3 part green planet and he is keeping ph about 5.8 on feeds the biggest issue I see is not being able to get good run off as he is in his fin pot so if he can get a soil test kit to see what the ph is at it will define weather it’s a defficancy or a lock out due to ph either way foilar feeding cal mag 1-2 times a week will allow her to take up those much needed additives she is clearly screaming for once he can get to the bottom of that he should be abale to fix whatever his issue is
i think the mag iron sounds plausible, but we dont know what he is growing in, or what ph or what nutes.
yeah either defiency, or ph is off, we dont have enough info yet to make that call though

Thanks guys. I did a little update in my journal about this now. There are more details summed up there again :)

Yes, I still need to get my watering right. Learning process for sure.

Thanks guys. I did a little update in my journal about this now. There are more details summed up there again :)

YOur off to a great start man like I siad from one Ontario grower to another hahaha get a ph test kit for soil or find a way to get run off and test it if your ph is out of whack it’s probably a lock out if it’s okay than think nutrients

Yes, I still need to get my watering right. Learning process for sure.

Went over your update your issue is cal mag lock out bro do a Foliar feed to give it too them and drop your ph the soil has become too alkaline for them to process iron, calcium and other micro nutrients that’s why she using up all the stored energy in the bottom leaves drop your ph you will see a world of difference (ph being 8/10 growing issues to get in the beginning that or over feeding but your okay there from what I have read if anything jump to half strength once you see recovery

Back
Top Bottom