Yellow dot on baby leaf - First timer

Qman

Day temps range from 80-86 F outside of lamp, I tend to keep it off during day, Night stays around 80F, directly underneath lamp will read 90+ that's with a fan constantly flowing I usually keep light on during night. Living in Florida + no A/C in the house, I have one portable AC unit blowing in this room coolest it gets is like 80 during summer, it's starting to stay in the higher 80's around here so it will get a little cooler hopefully. :cheer:

RH is about 45-50% in my room, closet will get lowest to 20% directly underneath lamps. So probably at least 34% RH in closet.

PH is maintained at 5.6-5.8 roots have not been completely established down through the net so I haven't been keeping continuous eye on my reservoir it was smelly and cloudy I chalked that up to not completely washing my Grodan and the PH up/down I've been using, this liquid brand off eBay. I pretty much purchased everything from eBay to get this off the ground so I can get a feel and what to expect as I do this. Mostly from HTG supply.

I'm using a simple 150watt HTGsupply sunsystem HPS lamp which was lowered recently to about 16 inches from the plants canopy and left on a little longer than needed. Which may have caused this.
photo_1539.JPG

View image in gallery[/center]
I have a timer but lack outlets to plug it in at the moment. I recently completely wrapped my plants into a 2X1 area with Mylar and duct tape until I can get to home depot and build proper shielding.
This is a picture with the plants opened up so I can check on them, I have a closet door covered with Mylar so I can move the door over them so the light can't escape,(imagine a wooden closet door with the two boards and a hinge in the middle acts like a mobile reflector.)

I just need to know what may have caused this discoloration on the baby leaf, I want to chalk it up to the heat chute I created when I wrapped my plants up completely and left them exposed to the light with them only being like 16-17 inches away it may have stressed the little leaf. I may have left the lights on close to 20 hours like this. I gotta get my timer situation fixed. Oh and the other light is just a T8 reptile light that fills in some blue spectrum it probably does nothing but add more heat to this situation, I plan on upgrading to a 250watt or 400watt soon. :Namaste: :peace: :thanks:

Re: Yellow dot on baby leaf. First timer.

Buying a new light with higher watts is gonna make my temp situation sky rocket due to no A/C in this house, I may buy a cheap portable AC unit to place in the grow room if I upgrade. It may be the only practical way to go about this without turning on the broken ac in this house which will cost mad money to keep at a comfortable 80..which is comfortable to me at least. lol

Please call out all wrong doings, I need to learn from these mistakes.

You only need to worry about light leaking in during the flowering period, it is not critical during the vegetative phase of the grow. We have a section on 420 to help you build a room or cabinet to grow in. The leaf issue is called variegation, you can google it. Or it may be a drop of water the bleached the area.

I agree, water droplet on leaf during lights on period probably bleached the leaf.

Thank you for the responses, are these leaves supposed to die off any way? This is my first grow ever so it's all observation and learning as I go from here. How important is foliar feeding early on? Is it recommended for dwc?

Thank you labexperiment, I've learned a new term today. Variegation!

Back
Top Bottom