Yellow/dying leaves. Nitrogen deficiency. Best fix? How long?

Thawk

Hey guys I have 11 plants growing right now, 3 of them were given to me and these are close to 3 weeks old now and this past week two of them started turning light green at the bottom, then turned yellow at the bottom and the nice green color kept getting lighter and lighter on the rest of the plant. About 3 days ago, what I assume is necrosis began and the leaves (bottom first) began to develop brown spots, become crumbly and die. I guessed it was nitrogen deficiency cuz my npk value that vie been using was 1-0-6... Don't know why I was using that, but I just switched to fox farm grow big, which is 6-4-4. Do you think I have done enough, I watered them through with the new nute, its been less than 24 hrs but I've seen no improvement. Just wondering if I should do anything else to them or if I should just keep watering, also how much of a recovery will they make, hopeful can add pics later. All help appreciated, thanks guys.

Edit: sorry forgot to mention I am growing in dr. Earths organic soil and I don't know the strains of these plants. Also the leaves are drooping, but the new growth looks good and pretty healthy, just not quite as dark a green as it should be. Ideas?

Hey guys here are some pictures, hopefully you guys will know whats wrong, it doesn't look to be getting any better.
IMG00041-20101008-1911.jpg
IMG00039-20101008-1911.jpg
IMG00039-20101008-1911.jpg
IMG00038-20101008-1911.jpg
IMG00037-20101008-1910.jpg
IMG00036-20101008-1910.jpg

Cool man an LED grow right on! :smokin: 1-0-6 would give you nitrogen AND phosphorus difficiency. Crumbly because phosphorus, yellow because nitrogen. You've done enough, maybe give them water more frequently as that gives you lush green growth. Make sure your pH is 6-6.5 and continue with grow big just slowly work your way up on strength I havn't used that stuff myself. :goodluck:

zhummingsig.jpg

Hey guys I have an update, it was deficiencies in both, but I got it taken care of and after I added some peroxide with the mixture the plant sucked it right up and now the sativa is looking great, growing too fast for me to keep up with, and the indic a is coming back to life, good looking new growth with nice healthy green leaves. For more info just go to my grow link in my signature, thanks guys.

Hey guys I have an update, it was deficiencies in both, but I got it taken care of and after I added some peroxide with the mixture the plant sucked it right up and now the sativa is looking great, growing too fast for me to keep up with, and the indic a is coming back to life, good looking new growth with nice healthy green leaves. For more info just go to my grow link in my signature, thanks guys.

NP :goodluck: I'll be watching. :reading420magazine: ;)

zhummingsig.jpg

Back
Top Bottom