Yellow Fan Leaves

Hobby420

Hey All,

I am in week 6\7 of flower (Purple Kush, soil, CFLs and organic nutrients). This is my first grow and have nothing as a reference point. I read that it is normal for fan leaves to turn yellow and fall off in the late stage of flowering. The new leave under the buds are a very lush green but the larger leaves are turning yellow at a rapid rate. My trichomes are getting milky. I can't upload pictures for some reason :-(

Thoughts?

H420

Thanks Emilya! I am not sure if I should start flushing now or give them another week.... What is your experience with the speed that trichomes mature? This is supposed to be an 8 week strain but it is my understanding that it could be longer or shorter depending on the growing conditions.

H420

I grow organically in a supersoil that could not be flushed if I had to. You are growing in organic nutrients, so you have no need to flush either. Buds double in size in the last 2 weeks if the plants have what they need.... why in the world would you starve them at this critical point? I am not a fan of the practice.

Trichomes, they go when they want to. It depends in my opinion more on the lights than anything else. Keep watching though... when they start going amber, they do hit the finish pretty rapidly from that point on.

I grow organically in a supersoil......

Hey Emilya,

When I was planning my grow I wanted to go with super soil but couldn't find consistent information on mixing it. Would you be able to point me in the right direction? I would love to use that in my next grow. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
H420

There are plenty of recipes out there, I did a search and came up with Subcool, and found articles that talked about downsizing his recipe to normal usable amounts... so that is what I used. Then I learned that it is not just the soil that is important, but it is necessary to be able to "brew" compost teas, so you also need to read up on that.

There are also many threads here talking about organic soils and recipes... there is the brix crowd, the no till group, the TLO aficionados... there are many different ways to do organic it seems, and I really couldnt tell you at this point if any one is better than the other... all I know is that when people go truly organic, they rarely go back to any other method.

Back
Top Bottom