Yellow getting yellower, and brown some...

Trielm

Hi all,
I'm doing an outdoor grow and 2 of the 4 I've got going are looking small and yellowing heavily, one looks like a nitrogen deficiency, but I've got really nice organic compost that I imagine would have plenty in. I bought some slow release nutes high in N. Scattered a few about but seems to be getting progressively worse. Is it nutrient burn from the compost? I've searched through pictures all over the web and can't find things relating to mine.
Anyone got some ideas for me?
They have all started to flower way early too, as they were indoors 16/8 then moved them outside which is more like 13/11 in England (I know I'm a pillock). Any tips on sorting that out too.
Have a look at the pics and please send me some suggestions.
image_4_19.jpeg
image_1_36.jpeg
image_3_24.jpeg
image_2_36.jpeg
image136.jpeg

deffinately a nitrogen problem you can tell your plants are burning. slow release = death. because people tend to think it means safe.. it does not. especially if their is a source of nut already. plant is to small for that. I can see they were put outdoors because of the stretch they are showing in the fourth pic. Pull plant, wash roots with 6-6.5 ph water. put in a dryer place. and give it a water only diet for a week. then trim dead leaves. as long as you handle this before the difficiency the top leaves reach 50% yellow you should be fine. good luck my friend.

also if that is dirt I see on the leaves. you need to get that off. these plant have a physical respiration cycle that im sure a lot of dirt will effect.

deffinately a nitrogen problem you can tell your plants are burning. slow release = death. because people tend to think it means safe.. it does not. especially if their is a source of nut already. plant is to small for that. I can see they were put outdoors because of the stretch they are showing in the fourth pic. Pull plant, wash roots with 6-6.5 ph water. put in a dryer place. and give it a water only diet for a week. then trim dead leaves. as long as you handle this before the difficiency the top leaves reach 50% yellow you should be fine. good luck my friend.

also if that is dirt I see on the leaves. you need to get that off. these plant have a physical respiration cycle that im sure a lot of dirt will effect.

Also, in that last pick you took. Look at the bottom.There is an insect heading straight towards those dying leaves. I agree with Dank, get them out of there in a dryer spot and just water them.

Well auto flowering strains will flower when they feel like it & suspect you might have auto flowering seeds/plants ! other wise they would still be vegging...

As for the funny coloured leafs it might just be cold damage aka night time temperature being to low for them its only April in the UK & the temps are not that great for planting out MJ just yet ! (still a risk of frost)

More likely waiting in till mid to late May for getting them out side...

Most would normally harden plants off if grown indoors before placing outside also !

You might get away with using a plastic clotch too provide warmth etc as there are some basic gardening tricks which can be used to protect em...

I can elaborate on methods if so desired ?

Dank one and fuzzy duck thank you those are some wise words and you are right I shouldn't have put those slow release things in with the soil, I felt stupid doing it at the time. They were just growing so slow even under where they originally were under a 600W HPS. And Fuzzy I did harden for 10 days or so, but yeah it is too cold at the minute. I went out and bought some plastic bell type things that seem to be the biz.

SABO, we don't get any cool looking insects like that sadly in England, that's the root :) .

I have some new little ones also autoflowering critical mass, that I'm gonna keep under the lamp. These which haven't been given any nutes have yellowing tips on the seedlings already. Do you think the lamp's too close, the temp and humidity are fine, as is the pH. The bulb I'm using is from about 10 years ago when my older brother did a grow. Also fresh air isn't something I've got yet, I'm gonna make a vent in the ceiling of the shed, you can see in the pics I've got a fan in there but there's no inlet or outlet for air. The space is about 4 foot by 5 foot by (sorry to do this) 2 metres high.

Thoughts please gents... Thanks T

Back
Top Bottom