Yellow irregular spots on leaves - Doesn't seem like Septoria though

55 day old AK-47 auto: soil, outdoor sun/indoor CLF's at night, in flower. These just started overnight.

20170713_071832.jpg

20170713_071647.jpg

I looked it up and it looks like the pictures that say Leaf Septoria. However, it doesn't really fit the description:

QUOTE: Sometimes called "yellow leaf spot" or "leaf septoria," this condition is caused by a fungus (or sometimes a bacteria) that attacks cannabis plants and usually appears in warm, wet weather. The symptoms first appear on the bottom leaves of the plant. The spots may have darkened borders and may have a hard growth in the middle like a little pimple, but the thing that makes the spots the most unique is they are often very uniform, like little circles. Each spot is the receptacle of a spore (ewwww) which look like tiny dark specks in the center of each spot. /QUOTE

These are not uniform (or circles), not on the bottom leaves, it's not wet weather, it doesn't have darkened borders, and there's nothing in the middle. I checked the top and bottom with a loupe and don't see anything except the yellow. Also, it sits directly in front of a 2' box fan on low all night, so I can't imagine it's moisture related.

Plant was very dry this morning so I fed it, but when I saw the leaves I freaked out and flushed it with plain pH water in case it was nute related.

I clipped off the individual leaves that were yellow and left the rest of the fan intact.

Any thoughts?

Are the spots on leaves getting sunlight? Are other leaves blocking any parts of it? Have you checked PH? Have you investigated Mag deficiency?

Are the spots on leaves getting sunlight? Are other leaves blocking any parts of it? Have you checked PH? Have you investigated Mag deficiency?

All the leaves are definitely getting light, both sun and CFLs at night. I water with pH 6.0-6.3 nutes (FF TigerBloom and Open Sesame). I don't use any Cal/Mag though, so the only magnesium it's getting is from the TB. You think it's a mag deficiency?

Yellow irregular spots on leaves, doesn't seem like Septoria though

It looks like it could be in early stages. If it's mag deficiency the spots will turn brown. MJ is a MG whore. I use plant food to keep Nutes in check for flower and Veg. Coast of Maine stonington blend because of it I get plants like this under CFLs/T5
420-magazine-mobile2103717005.jpg

420-magazine-mobile545870357.jpg

For the sake of the argument if we stayed in mag family it could be manganese too. If your right then I would just up your potassium via plant food imo as it covers a wide array of nutrients. Admittedly when I started her she got some Nute burn but examine plant as closely as you'd like and won't find a single def. with her. PF will fix most of problems on chart in my experience.

For the sake of the argument if we stayed in mag family it could be manganese too. If your right then I would just up your potassium via plant food imo as it covers a wide array of nutrients. Admittedly when I started her she got some Nute burn but examine plant as closely as you'd like and won't find a single def. with her. PF will fix most of problems on chart in my experience.

I've been feeding her Tiger Bloom and Open Sesame in the last week. I could get some Cal/Mag if you think that would help. What's the starting dose for that in soil?

Thanks! Looks like 5ml/gallon in flower. Do I need to ramp up to that like the rest of the nutes or just dive in? This is an autoflower if that matters.

Welcome. I would add half strength cal-mag to your next feed where you said you gave her bloom you don't want to have a salt buildup on roots and create Nute block and so on. Plain water next time and then feed on regular cycle as per instructed. There should be enough micro-Nutes to sustain you through this. Your on target. Keep up good work!

Welcome. I would add half strength cal-mag to your next feed where you said you gave her bloom you don't want to have a salt buildup on roots and create Nute block and so on. Plain water next time and then feed on regular cycle as per instructed. There should be enough micro-Nutes to sustain you through this. Your on target. Keep up good work!

Will do. Thanks so much for your help!

I wanted to follow up and see how your plants are doing. Hope all is well my friend.

All is well! The yellow spots hit a few more leaves but they don't spread or make the leaf die so it seems like no big deal. I got cal/mag+ at your suggestion and have been adding it to feedings. No idea if it helps but doesn't seem to hurt.

Got some spider mites (don't think they are the cannabis-specific type) and am hitting them with Dr Earth spray. Hope that helps keep it under control. Have to keep at it as I don't think it kills the eggs.

I flushed my Blueberry 1 this weekend and it ran in the around 850 PPM to start. Water is around 100 so I was close to 750 PPM in the soil. Is that a reasonable number for an autoflower in final ripen?

You can follow my journal if you are interested in the nitty gritty of my grow, but everything is basically under control.

Thanks!

All is well! The yellow spots hit a few more leaves but they don't spread or make the leaf die so it seems like no big deal. I got cal/mag+ at your suggestion and have been adding it to feedings. No idea if it helps but doesn't seem to hurt.

Got some spider mites (don't think they are the cannabis-specific type) and am hitting them with Dr Earth spray. Hope that helps keep it under control. Have to keep at it as I don't think it kills the eggs.

You can follow my journal if you are interested in the nitty gritty of my grow, but everything is basically under control.

Thanks!

Consider me subbed! Glad to hear everything is going well.

Back
Top Bottom