Yellow Leaf Tips

Vadim

Hi All, I have grown the SSH strain 3 times now and I keep getting yellow tips on leaves. I'm not sure if it's very minor light burn or nutrient burn. From the first grow I have cut back on nutrients to about 70% of the lowest band recommendation with Canna Terra Professional Nutes and Substrate, however the issue still lingers. I'm feed, feed, watering and at times I'm F,F,W,W. Any idea what it could be?

Thanks Vadim

Attachments

• IMG_1722.jpg
    IMG_1722.jpg
    747.5 KB · Views: 56
Tap water?
Does not seem to be anything important. I wouldnt worry. Especially if you know this strain does that.
Thanks for the reply. Yep, tap water. EC 0.1. The last grow the EC in the substrate at harvest was less than 0.3 and I was light with the nutes then. Apart from that it's very healthy. Thanks again!

Tip burn usually indicates they have all the nute they can handle and a bit more.

But some plants are very sensitive to tap water's chlorine/flouride content.

Like lucky bamboo and dracena lisa

If you want to rule out chlorine then i have found this is a good product...
Ecothrive Neutralise - Water Conditioner
or you could ro your water, expensive to buy the machine though.
My first thought for tips yellowing would be too much nutes though

I had the same thing happen with my SSH last grow. You mentioned this is your third go at it so you know what they need. When I cut back on food they didn't like it much at all. Once I got behind their food needs it was hard to catch back up. I would have been better off not doing anything. Like someone mentioned it is just tip burn and shouldn't cause any harm.

Oh, I dunno. I got a 5 stage filter kit that included tank and extra filter change and stainless steel faucet for 150.00 its not that expensive to filter your drinking water.

This .... RO water takes care of your water issue so you can focus on the rest.

The plant in question looks fine. Lighter tips is ok. Its not tip burn. I get lighter tips on my plants and I'm water only organic soil.

Here's some lighter colored tips
Completely normal 30 days 12/12.

20200711_135241.jpg

This .... RO water takes care of your water issue so you can focus on the rest.

The plant in question looks fine. Lighter tips is ok. Its not tip burn. I get lighter tips on my plants and I'm water only organic soil.

Here's some lighter colored tips
Completely normal 30 days 12/12.

20200711_135241.jpg
Thanks bobrown, Looks extremely similar to mine.

I had the same thing happen with my SSH last grow. You mentioned this is your third go at it so you know what they need. When I cut back on food they didn't like it much at all. Once I got behind their food needs it was hard to catch back up. I would have been better off not doing anything. Like someone mentioned it is just tip burn and shouldn't cause any harm.
Thanks Jackalope, First grow I over nuted which affected the over yield but quality good. The second I pulled right back on nutes and did a lot of FFW with much lower ppm/EC. Better yield and a good grow. This one looks better again but time will tell. I'll post pics as it progresses. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom