Yellow Leaves and Brown Spots

Re: Yellow Leafs, and Brown spots

Where the leaf is loosing it's green it's kind of dry almost crispy, but checked the bottom of the leaves and this is what I found healthy me growth
image1811.jpg

Yea its healing its self. Just a tip, if you ever ran into a problem with some type of nute burn or poison in the plant, it will start to look molty and real soft. I mean really soft. Thats how you know you have a serious nute burn. But if and after as your plant just did with the leaves getting crispy then its healing its self. Just a tip. I tend to pay attention to all effects the plants go threw and put them in my memory bank.

As you see your getting new good growth so your plants are doing fine. What strain is the plant? and is it indica or sativa dominant? Just asking because if its sativa take it easy on the nutes because they dont like alot of nutes at all. Also asking because the purpling in the stem and veins. Looks like to much phosphorus. Meaning you maybe giving to much bloom. But since you have the new pump in there after a couple days or a week see if the stem start to go back green. Which will be a good thing. New growth should come out green as well.

Yea its healing its self. Just a tip, if you ever ran into a problem with some type of nute burn or poison in the plant, it will start to look molty and real soft. I mean really soft. Thats how you know you have a serious nute burn. But if and after as your plant just did with the leaves getting crispy then its healing its self. Just a tip. I tend to pay attention to all effects the plants go threw and put them in my memory bank.

As you see your getting new good growth so your plants are doing fine. What strain is the plant? and is it indica or sativa dominant? Just asking because if its sativa take it easy on the nutes because they dont like alot of nutes at all. Also asking because the purpling in the stem and veins. Looks like to much phosphorus. Meaning you maybe giving to much bloom. But since you have the new pump in there after a couple days or a week see if the stem start to go back green. Which will be a good thing. New growth should come out green as well.

It's an indica Blueberry Kush :) I Hope I really heals, and also my roots are a bit brown not sure if its because of the nutes

Yea when the leaves get crisp there healed. As for the roots, check to see if there slimmy. Run 2 fingers down the roots and if any slim come off then its root rot. Also if any roots come off in your hand is a forsure sign. And it probably happened while you were using the smaller airpump. But whats the water temps? Are you keeping the temps down? And are you adding any seaweed at all? Take a pic of them and upload it here.

Yea when the leaves get crisp there healed. As for the roots, check to see if there slimmy. Run 2 fingers down the roots and if any slim come off then its root rot. Also if any roots come off in your hand is a forsure sign. And it probably happened while you were using the smaller airpump. But whats the water temps? Are you keeping the temps down? And are you adding any seaweed at all? Take a pic of them and upload it here.

I just got some Epsom salt I don't know how to use it yet, but the roots are a little slimy but I have 5 plants in there only those 2 are acting like that all the rest of them are fine????? :( this is really irritating
image1825.jpg

There was new root growth since. You see how the roots start to be white again? New root growth. Epsom salt is only good for fixing a mg problem or sulfur def. So no need for that. But if you were planning on using it some way just add 1tblspoon per gallon.

Are you using any enzymes? And whats the water temp? You want your water to be cooler more than warm. Warmer temps will give you root rot and also stress on the plant. And warmer temps wont hold as much o2 as it needs. You need to get hygrozyme or sensizyme which will break down dead root matter and also will keep your roots clean and out of harms way. Enzymes will do wonders for your res and the plants.

Other than that you can pick up some h2o2 35% strength and use that which will do the same but enzymes are better to have. But your using organic nutes so dont use h2o2 because that will kill all organic matter in the res.

Also how full is your res? I only keep about 2 gallons in all my res's so the roots can grow alot bigger.

There was new root growth since. You see how the roots start to be white again? New root growth. Epsom salt is only good for fixing a mg problem or sulfur def. So no need for that. But if you were planning on using it some way just add 1tblspoon per gallon.

Are you using any enzymes? And whats the water temp? You want your water to be cooler more than warm. Warmer temps will give you root rot and also stress on the plant. And warmer temps wont hold as much o2 as it needs. You need to get hygrozyme or sensizyme which will break down dead root matter and also will keep your roots clean and out of harms way. Enzymes will do wonders for your res and the plants.

Other than that you can pick up some h2o2 35% strength and use that which will do the same but enzymes are better to have. But your using organic nutes so dont use h2o2 because that will kill all organic matter in the res.

Also how full is your res? I only keep about 2 gallons in all my res's so the roots can grow alot bigger.

ok WizHigh I just came from the store bought some hygrozyme, H202 29%, and some GH gh subculture b. but on my way back my plants look kinda weird. check this out

PH 5.8
TEMP 77
TDS 310PPM

image1831.jpg
image1829.jpg

water temps of 77 is bad way over the limit. Use water bottles to get the temps down or use a white t shirt and cover the whole bucket by using the bottom of the shirt covering up and over from the bottom of the hydro system. It works like a charm. You can do this on your next res change since it would be easier to do with out any water in the system. But really use the frozen bottles of water asap.

As for the yellowing, Do you run your lights at night or threw the day? If your lights just turned on then there going to be yellow. Thats natural. But other than that, I would say the plants are fighting over the nutes in the res so the plants with the weaker root system is struggling more to uptake the nutrients threw the roots. So its a good thing you bought that subculture B. Add that asap as well. and add more micro to your solution. Not to much where it will burn the other plants thats doing fine but enough to balance things out.

Good on the hygrozyme. Add that as well asap. The h2o2 you really didnt need because your using organic nutes. So if you dont want to take it back only use it during a flush and if you want to soak your plants roots but that will strip the roots of all nutrients and they will be sensitive so when and after empty the water out the res then fill it back up only adding half strength nutes. Honestly my opinion is to take it back and go online to fleabay and get H&G root excelurator $34 for a 100ml can. You only use 1ml per gallon so thats 100 gallon it will treat. So its worth the money and it will triple your root system very quickly. I use the stuff and its perfect best stuff on the market.

Key to hydro is to have great rooting products. Stronger root system the better the grow will be.

Also did you lower the water in the res? And make sure your airstone is working at full performance. Some times they can get clogged and not enough air isnt pumping in the solution. Remember warmer water cant hold oxygen so your plants will struggle and will lead to root rot and other problems which I feel thats whats happening. Gotta get those water temps down.

water temps of 77 is bad way over the limit. Use water bottles to get the temps down or use a white t shirt and cover the whole bucket by using the bottom of the shirt covering up and over from the bottom of the hydro system. It works like a charm. You can do this on your next res change since it would be easier to do with out any water in the system. But really use the frozen bottles of water asap.

As for the yellowing, Do you run your lights at night or threw the day? If your lights just turned on then there going to be yellow. Thats natural. But other than that, I would say the plants are fighting over the nutes in the res so the plants with the weaker root system is struggling more to uptake the nutrients threw the roots. So its a good thing you bought that subculture B. Add that asap as well. and add more micro to your solution. Not to much where it will burn the other plants thats doing fine but enough to balance things out.

Good on the hygrozyme. Add that as well asap. The h2o2 you really didnt need because your using organic nutes. So if you dont want to take it back only use it during a flush and if you want to soak your plants roots but that will strip the roots of all nutrients and they will be sensitive so when and after empty the water out the res then fill it back up only adding half strength nutes. Honestly my opinion is to take it back and go online to fleabay and get H&G root excelurator $34 for a 100ml can. You only use 1ml per gallon so thats 100 gallon it will treat. So its worth the money and it will triple your root system very quickly. I use the stuff and its perfect best stuff on the market.

Key to hydro is to have great rooting products. Stronger root system the better the grow will be.

Also did you lower the water in the res? And make sure your airstone is working at full performance. Some times they can get clogged and not enough air isnt pumping in the solution. Remember warmer water cant hold oxygen so your plants will struggle and will lead to root rot and other problems which I feel thats whats happening. Gotta get those water temps down.

sorry Wizhigh I was busy i dropped a bottle of ice water in the tai lowered my temp to 68.7 as far as the white shirt thats my next move
I only run my lights through the day 18/6
hygrozyme Im about to make the mix right now, yeah the H2O2 Im returning it tomorrow

My new delima is I have a Hanna HI981504 and the PH is reading 5.8 and I also own a pen ph tester when i remove water from the resevoir its reading 7.3, but if i shut off all the air stones for an hour or two the both get the same reading

Its cool bredrin, I pop in every once in a while threw the day just incase so its no biggie.

When you take the H2o2 back no lie pick up some H&G roots. If you want ill link it here. Also you may want to look into some carbohydrates . I dont know if they sell any organic carbohydrates for hydroponics but I use Bud Candy and I know Sweet Raw is some good stuff. Carbo will help your plants struggle less with producing there own and not only that it will feed the subculture B you bought and help them multiply and thats even better. They feed off carbo as well. More sugar/glucose in your plants the better the quality. Sweet Raw is cheap $55 per gallon, I think $20 per L.

Oh and what are you using for B-1 vitamin? B-1 is your stress reliever for plants. Less shock if something goes wrong. Plants need b-1. I use Liquinox B-1. $20 per gallon. Way better then super thrive which is like $20 per 8oz. Im not trying to jam pack you with all of this stuff but less problems with your grow if you have it. But I can tell you this I can point you in the direction where its cheap. :)

As for the Hanna did you collaborate it? You need to collaborate your pen every once in a while maybe 1 or twice a month. Which Hanna monitor are you using? I always go with the PH drops kit. Simple and easy and always right plus its cheaper. $28.

Its cool bredrin, I pop in every once in a while threw the day just incase so its no biggie.

When you take the H2o2 back no lie pick up some H&G roots. If you want ill link it here. Also you may want to look into some carbohydrates . I dont know if they sell any organic carbohydrates for hydroponics but I use Bud Candy and I know Sweet Raw is some good stuff. Carbo will help your plants struggle less with producing there own and not only that it will feed the subculture B you bought and help them multiply and thats even better. They feed off carbo as well. More sugar/glucose in your plants the better the quality. Sweet Raw is cheap $55 per gallon, I think $20 per L.

As for the Hanna did you collaborate it? You need to collaborate your pen every once in a while maybe 1 or twice a month. Which Hanna monitor are you using? I always go with the PH drops kit. Simple and easy and always right plus its cheaper. $28.

Calibrated both of the multiple times but the only reason why I'm not freaking out yet is my plant are doing well 2 of my plant the roots are amazingly clean but the 1 is really slimy dirty looking

You might want to read my post above again I had edited and added some stuff in there.

Hygrozyme is bad ass. Next time ill tell you were to get it cheaper if you paid more than $30 :thumb:

As for the plant with the dirty roots, you can take it out and get a nice size cup or gallon jug and put water and about 5 drops to 1.25ml of bleach in it. This will clean the roots and also get all the grim and slim off of it. It works just like h202. Since theres h2o2 in bleach. Let it sit in there for a couple hrs or a day if you want. Other than that you can rinse the roots by hand real lightly until the grim is off. Fill up a bucket or sink with water and bleach to do this. And just dip your plant roots in there repeat until satisfied. Or if you have regular 3% peroxide in home. Then add 15ml per gallon and do this.

ok Im not sure really what it was but i drop the tank temp, used the subculture B, hydrozyme and everything seems to have stopped my PH is 5.8 very stable my TDS has been the same for the last past 4 days 320PPM, my old leaves died but new growth are looking great, everything is NORMAL.
AGAIN WizHigh THANKS

:( my leaves are still getting weird, but I'm determine to find out what is doing that to them

Back
Top Bottom