Yellow leaves below, green up top...skinny plants..help

mauisunset

First timer here. Indoor, grow frame, home depot purchased "grow light" with reflective housing, lights on timer- 18 hrs light, 6 dark, potted with 3 gallon plastic buckets, home depot purchased soil w/ fertilizer. Take them out every other day for natural sunlight, watered and spritzed on the regular. 3 plants. One is a club bought clone, other 2 are friend given stemlings(?). This grow is about 8-10 weeks along.
The plants are looking great up top in color. However, bottom leaves are yellowing and slightly dried out on all 3 plants. Also, plants look very skinny compared to what my book is saying they should be at in their state.
This is my first grow and any help is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need any further information. Need to help my babies, i've already lost 2 (wilted) on this grow. Have a lot of effort into the setup and have no intention of quitting, need your expert insider help.
THANKS ALL IN ADVANCE! :peacetwo:

First timer here. Indoor, grow frame, home depot purchased "grow light" with reflective housing, lights on timer- 18 hrs light, 6 dark, potted with 3 gallon plastic buckets, home depot purchased soil w/ fertilizer. Take them out every other day for natural sunlight, watered and spritzed on the regular. 3 plants. One is a club bought clone, other 2 are friend given stemlings(?). This grow is about 8-10 weeks along.
The plants are looking great up top in color. However, bottom leaves are yellowing and slightly dried out on all 3 plants. Also, plants look very skinny compared to what my book is saying they should be at in their state.
This is my first grow and any help is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need any further information. Need to help my babies, i've already lost 2 (wilted) on this grow. Have a lot of effort into the setup and have no intention of quitting, need your expert insider help.

need pic sir, have you topped them

first off

:welcome: to the friendliest place around :hookah:
lots of friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful people here, so sit back, relax, enjoy, and ask questions.

two places you need to look at are...

How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

and if ya need a hand uploading pics

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

now on that problem solver thread, there is lots of pics for you to try and match it up...

and some basic questions,, what kind of lights did you get from home depot. What kind of nutes are you using, how much. How often are you watering? And definately need some pics.. :)

Cannabis Plant & Pest Problem Solver and pics was very helpful. I think they're not getting enough light and I'm over feeding with Miracle grow, will move to direct sun during the day and I'm going to flush them right now.

I am newbie also. And I take plants outside for direct light also. They may be getting too hot in direct sun. What are the temps? I wonder if it stresses them when they are taken back inside and the light lumens are all of a sudden less. Hmmm
Let me know how it goes. And welcome to a very informative and friendly site

I flushed my plants and have had them outside during the day the last 4 days. They are looking better, but I did test the soil temp yesterday and it was almost 90 deg. that's not good. Today moved back outside and watered with diluted fertilizer. Does hot soil burn lower leaves?

High soil temps is bad for the roots. Try to get the temp down a little (not easy to do outside). If you can get more light inside I would keep them in. Many people take theirs outside but it seems they have issues. Plants need to be "hardened off" or acclimated to the sun by exposure to more light inside or short lengths in the sun. What is your "grow light"? You need proper spectrum and sufficient lumens.

CFL Light Tutorial This link will answer any light question you may have. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom