yellow leaves, burnt tips (pics)

spaceranger

Can someone tell me whats wrong with these plants? I watered them with 2 tbs/gal of fox farms big bloom last wednesday and some regular water over the weekend. they are in FFOF and are about two weeks old. i have them 25 inches away from a 400 watt hps. temps are usually from 80-87. can some one tell me how to post a picture, im new to this forum, thanks in advance

full

hope this works, let me know if theres a problem. i think it may be nute burned but i don't know, oh also this weekend with the water it got 1 teaspoon of epsom salt/ gal

ya stinkfinger posted that pic for me, thanks man.

belledejour, according to the fox farms schedule i'm supposed to be watering these ladies again on wednesday with 2 tbs/gal (if i were to stay on schedule) i'm guessing i shouldn't do this because the fresh soil has some nutes. how long do you think i should wait before giving them nutrients and do you think i should go at half strength? i was under the impression fox farms big bloom is organic and very forgiving, should they recover relatively easy from this? sorry for the questions kind of blazed and rambling

My friend, to me that plant is being watered too much. The roots need oxygen in order to absorb nutrients. Without air, the roots drown and are attacked by fungus. How light is your soil; perlite is good to lighten soil. If the soil is compacted that too is the same as watering too much as the roots are unable to breath. I hope this helps;
all the best from down under

I have had a closer look at the picture; that plant has some trouble with its roots as it is displaying micro deficiencies. Either the soil is compacted and roots are unable to breath or you are giving them too much water. The burnt tips along with the other symptoms, in my mind, point to a micro deficiency, and this along the yellowing of the leaf happens when they are watered too much, as the roots are unable to absorb the nutrients from the soil.
all the best again

It looks like Nitrogen (N)- "Deficient plants will exhibit uniform light green to yellow on older leaves, these leaves may die and drop". Add some NUTRIENT with more Nitrogen and it should be ok.
OR... u have a nutrient lockout. Maybe caused by low pH. What is the runoff pH ?

It looks like Nitrogen (N)- "Deficient plants will exhibit uniform light green to yellow on older leaves, these leaves may die and drop". Add some NUTRIENT with more Nitrogen and it should be ok.
OR... u have a nutrient lockout. Maybe caused by low pH. What is the runoff pH ?

i agree with this assessment

old growth turning yellow like that looks like not enough nutes(N in particular), could be PH related

what is water ppm/PH out the tap?

It is true that lack of nitrogen does affect the older growth, but this plant is exhibiting a wider ranger of deficiencies. The burnt tips as well as a slight chlorosis between the veins of the new growth, with the veins being darker in color, lead me to think this could be either a ph problem or the soil is either too wet or too compacted. I could be wrong, but for the reasons just stated, I do not think this a a nitrogen deficiency. If u are not watering too often and soil is light, then it most certainly is a ph problem, as the plants are showing not only nitrogen def but multiple def. Once you fix up the problem, the plant will come back to vigorous growth. Well that is as we say here in Australia."my two bobs worth". I will be interested to see how how they progress, please keep us informed. One of the things I like about growing is that one is always learning, and is never an expert. :goodluck:

i forgot, these plants where germinated in rockwool cubes before i buried them in the soil. the roots didnt come out of them or anything and the soils definitely been too moist. do you thinks i should remove the roots from the rockwool or just unbury it a bit so it dries faster?

No, I would not disturb the roots, it will only stress the plant further. Hold back on the water, let the plants go through a wet and dry cycle. With your finger feel down to about 6 inches if it is damp, do not water, if it feels dry, then water them. Get some superthrive, it is great stuff. Give them I ml per gallon. If you can afford it, buy some Hydrozme, and give them that. It will bring the roots back. I hope this helps, my friend, but do not worry, they will come back, just back off on the water and let them do their thing. The roots need oxygen to absorb nutrients, let them go through a wet and dry cycle and they will spring back in no time. Let us know how it goes, my friend.

Superblue......great posts.

I also have that same problem with 4 of my 15 plants, one is a ak-48 and the other three are black jack. I have not fertalized, using organic soil so I'm guessing it a water issue based on your post's....thanks for the help
Arizona

Back
Top Bottom