Yellow leaves

Hi please help me
I planting autoflower indoor for first time.now 7th day i transplant from rotit to 22liter pot.but my leaves flowers turned yellow,i used starter pck biobizz,my light is fc 6500 mars hydro is 50% and distance to flower is 30”.my tempreutre is 25-26c.my humidity 50-60%.what do i should until their leaves turned green.tnx

571C8F09-9D0A-4CB2-B74D-D5BF31A79B95.jpeg

1601079E-9929-4D40-90F1-3320539D3D73.jpeg
Are you checking the PH of your water

Hi Nilotic,

Welcome to 420. The leaves that are yellowing out are called the cotyledons. These are the 2 rounded leaves that pop up out of the soil first when the seedling comes alive. These leaves collect light or sun to feed the plant but they are also a source of backup energy for the plant in case of emergency, they are the first leaves to yellow out but if the plant has enough nutes they can remain green for longer. It appears these plants have used up the stored nutrients in the cotys so those leaves are slowly yellowing out and will fall off before long.

Most growers do not like to see yellowed or damaged leaves but it’s best to let them be. The plant does not care about yellowed leaves and often removing yellowed leaves will cause a problem or deficiency to climb up to the next pair or node and yellow those leaves out as well. The only time I remove a damaged leaf is when it’s touching or laying on the soil.

my 2 cents - see what other replies you get

Hi Nilotic,

The plant does not care about yellowed leaves and often removing yellowed leaves will cause a problem or deficiency to climb up to the next pair or node and yellow those leaves out as well. The only time I remove a damaged leaf is when it’s touching or laying on the soil.

Good info.
It already looks like it has climbed up. Or is it just me? The leaves above look yellow.

Hi Nilotic,

Welcome to 420. The leaves that are yellowing out are called the cotyledons. These are the 2 rounded leaves that pop up out of the soil first when the seedling comes alive. These leaves collect light or sun to feed the plant but they are also a source of backup energy for the plant in case of emergency, they are the first leaves to yellow out but if the plant has enough nutes they can remain green for longer. It appears these plants have used up the stored nutrients in the cotys so those leaves are slowly yellowing out and will fall off before long.

Most growers do not like to see yellowed or damaged leaves but it’s best to let them be. The plant does not care about yellowed leaves and often removing yellowed leaves will cause a problem or deficiency to climb up to the next pair or node and yellow those leaves out as well. The only time I remove a damaged leaf is when it’s touching or laying on the soil.

This is so true. my plant is in the 2nd week of flowering, and I would need some of the lower nodes to be removed as I heard lower buds would not grow bigger. But removing them would propagate the yellowing leaves to upper nodes.

Back
Top Bottom