Monjezi

hey
the leaves on my cannabis plants are turning yellow and I'm not sure what it means..

they are 3 weeks old veg, temp stays around 21-31 degrees celsius humidity is from 40%-65%.. 250 watts hps
3 pineapple kush and 1 blue mystic

they get biobizz grow 2ml/50cl and thinking of adding alg a mic biobizz
soil is biobizz light mix

im grateful for any tips or advice, i haven't succeeded my first grow yet

thank you :D

i added two photos here if you can't see them ill try something else !!

yellowing leaves

That looks like a pH problem. Your medium looks too dense. I just read on their website that they say it is a perfect mix that has great drainage and doesn't need pH adjustments and will handle that on its own. So maybe you just proved them wrong.

How do you prepare your water? Unless you are doing a true home made compost I wouldn't trust that bagged stuff comes alive and kicking well enough to "just work" without a kick start. You don't know how long it took to get to you.

I would take that stuff and mix 1/3 of that with 1/3 perlite, 1/6 coco fiber and 1/6 steer manure. If that stuff is as good as they claim you could probably drop the manure and do 1/3 coco.

But I think your problem is pH. Make sure it fully dries out and the leaves start to show that it is thirsty before watering. Until mid bloom that will stimulate more rapid healthier stronger growth. at mid bloom the roots stop growing and it doesn't matter anymore and you can go to the lift method.

:peace:

That looks like a pH problem. Your medium looks too dense. I just read on their website that they say it is a perfect mix that has great drainage and doesn't need pH adjustments and will handle that on its own. So maybe you just proved them wrong.

How do you prepare your water? Unless you are doing a true home made compost I wouldn't trust that bagged stuff comes alive and kicking well enough to "just work" without a kick start. You don't know how long it took to get to you.

I would take that stuff and mix 1/3 of that with 1/3 perlite, 1/6 coco fiber and 1/6 steer manure. If that stuff is as good as they claim you could probably drop the manure and do 1/3 coco.

But I think your problem is pH. Make sure it fully dries out and the leaves start to show that it is thirsty before watering. Until mid bloom that will stimulate more rapid healthier stronger growth. at mid bloom the roots stop growing and it doesn't matter anymore and you can go to the lift method.

:peace:
i just put water and add 2ml/50 cl biobizz grow..i check ph just i don't know how accurate the testing strips are
would it help to use different soil when i repot too ???

thank you for the help !!

Yes when you repot consider a more diverse blend like I stated above. It is the same with any good bag soil. If they do a good job in composting and making it then it will be too hot. These companies tend to bag it hot and that gives the consumer the ability to tune the dilution. You read about it on here all the time about people complaining about hot hot their soil is. But they don't even add perlite to begin with which is a must.

You must never go below 1/4 perlite in the blend. I never go below 1/3. It will look like a lot but it really does a lot of great things including allowing the roots to grow really fast. It also makes it easier to water for multiple reasons.

I would never use a high end soil as is out of the bag. That is just asking for trouble. There are many blends people use. I spent years doing side by side studies with clones. My preference is 1/3 steer manure, 1/3 perlite and 1/3 good soil. the problem with that is it is still high on nitrogen and can cause a bit of overdosing and minor leaf tip burn early on...but it isn't bad and worth it in my opinion. it is not so bad that it causes any sort of stunting rather the opposite. you wont need any nutes through Veg and it will grow nearly as fast as a hydro grow. So for newbs I always back off the manure and half that with coco. The point of steer manure is to get a bunch of raw organic material in there for fertilizers you add later to latch on to. Without organic material the fertilizers just go on through and wash out the bottom. Coco does the same thing but has nothing in it. Manure is basically organic material that is high nitrogen fertilizer packed with beneficial living organisms. In Veg you need a good amount of Nitrogen. So this will get you all the way through veg with almost nothing else needed. You will want to add a silica product and possible Cal Mag product. Other than that you can likely get all the way through veg if you do it right.

There are much more advanced soil techniques but they take some effort. I am starting a run now that uses a process that, if done correctly, should require nothing and is potentially tolerant to pH like your bag says it is. They tried to bag something similar but who knows if it is still alive. It is not a pace for newbs to start at. it is a place to strive to get to (making your own compost blend) and you don't use just that just 1/4 to 1/3 of the pot contains that at the bottom and the top 2/3rds are a blend like you should be doing now.

You need to crawl before you can run. Do it the easy way for about 4 or 5 grows and get that dialed. Then start considering reusing your soil. Most people around here recompost the soil at least 3 times before chucking it because the organic matter has broken down too much.

Yes when you repot consider a more diverse blend like I stated above. It is the same with any good bag soil. If they do a good job in composting and making it then it will be too hot. These companies tend to bag it hot and that gives the consumer the ability to tune the dilution. You read about it on here all the time about people complaining about hot hot their soil is. But they don't even add perlite to begin with which is a must.

You must never go below 1/4 perlite in the blend. I never go below 1/3. It will look like a lot but it really does a lot of great things including allowing the roots to grow really fast. It also makes it easier to water for multiple reasons.

I would never use a high end soil as is out of the bag. That is just asking for trouble. There are many blends people use. I spent years doing side by side studies with clones. My preference is 1/3 steer manure, 1/3 perlite and 1/3 good soil. the problem with that is it is still high on nitrogen and can cause a bit of overdosing and minor leaf tip burn early on...but it isn't bad and worth it in my opinion. it is not so bad that it causes any sort of stunting rather the opposite. you wont need any nutes through Veg and it will grow nearly as fast as a hydro grow. So for newbs I always back off the manure and half that with coco. The point of steer manure is to get a bunch of raw organic material in there for fertilizers you add later to latch on to. Without organic material the fertilizers just go on through and wash out the bottom. Coco does the same thing but has nothing in it. Manure is basically organic material that is high nitrogen fertilizer packed with beneficial living organisms. In Veg you need a good amount of Nitrogen. So this will get you all the way through veg with almost nothing else needed. You will want to add a silica product and possible Cal Mag product. Other than that you can likely get all the way through veg if you do it right.

There are much more advanced soil techniques but they take some effort. I am starting a run now that uses a process that, if done correctly, should require nothing and is potentially tolerant to pH like your bag says it is. They tried to bag something similar but who knows if it is still alive. It is not a pace for newbs to start at. it is a place to strive to get to (making your own compost blend) and you don't use just that just 1/4 to 1/3 of the pot contains that at the bottom and the top 2/3rds are a blend like you should be doing now.

You need to crawl before you can run. Do it the easy way for about 4 or 5 grows and get that dialed. Then start considering reusing your soil. Most people around here recompost the soil at least 3 times before chucking it because the organic matter has broken down too much.

thank u so much, I'm gna go now and find something to fix the ph problem.

Back
Top Bottom