Yellow leaves

I just ph'd the pots and it was 4-4.5. 5 was the maximum ph. So I added at dolomite lime to raise the ph. Have seen a slight raise in ph but hopefully raises more over the next few days

My mix has gone extremely acidic. Down to 4-4.5. I've got plants established and were going fine but now they are suffering and burning badly. How can I quickly raise my soil ph from 4 to 5.5-6

I just ph'd the pots and it was 4-4.5. 5 was the maximum ph. So I added at dolomite lime to raise the ph. Have seen a slight raise in ph but hopefully raises more over the next few days
How are you testing soil pH?
If it’s with one of those soil pens you can throw that in the trash.

That is really high in Nitrogen.
That seems more like grass fertilizer.
Im not sure you want to use that. Especially in flower.
Check out Green Leaf Nutrients and have them ship you a free bag of Master Crop. All you pay for is shipping.

Easy... you can’t.
How are testing your soil?
Soil pen?... Trash it.
Slurry?.... ehh... probably not accurate.
Lab Test?... Start over with a fresh bag of soil.
Where did your soil come from, how old is it?

4 in 1 soil ph meter.
Searles potting mix. With added cow manure and mushroom compost. Also some cheap Potting mix at bottom of the 65l Pot.
Ph of all the different soups in the mix tested separately was between 6-6.5 for each potting mix and manure and mushroom compost. What would cause the extreme dive in ph?

4 in 1 soil ph meter.
Searles potting mix. With added cow manure and mushroom compost. Also some cheap Potting mix at bottom of the 65l Pot.
Ph of all the different soups in the mix tested separately was between 6-6.5 for each potting mix and manure and mushroom compost. What would cause the extreme dive in ph?
6-6.5 is good. Those pH testers are crap. Throw it away.
The most accurate would be to take a cup or so worth of the soil from different areas, separate into 4 smaller containers, add RO water and make a slurry, let it sit, and test that.
It’s still not going to be accurate.
I honestly don’t think it’s your soil. I think it’s your fertilizer.

6-6.5 is good. Those pH testers are crap. Throw it away.
The most accurate would be to take a cup or so worth of the soil from different areas, separate into 4 smaller containers, add RO water and make a slurry, let it sit, and test that.
It’s still not going to be accurate.
I honestly don’t think it’s your soil. I think it’s your fertilizer.
Well hopefully since I flushed it right out today it dilutes the hell out of the fertiliser I gave it the day before. The leaves all fried and curled the very next day after I fertilised them .

How far along are your plants?
You need a more balanced fertilizer.
What you have seems to be made for grass since it’s so high in Nitrogen.
Did you look at that site I told you about?

I think your best bet is doing a slurry test like @AdaminCO is suggesting and see if that's matching your soil meter before you go any further. (Ro is reverse osmosis) .
[/QUOTE
How far along are your plants?
You need a more balanced fertilizer.
What you have seems to be made for grass since it’s so high in Nitrogen.
Did you look at that site I told you about?
Yes I looked at the site but all I can find is mega crop. Can't see master crop on there. And the plants are just starting to bud. Like a few days ago

Yes I looked at the site but all I can find is mega crop. Can't see master crop on there. And the plants are just starting to bud. Like a few days ago
Crap, Mega Crop is what I meant. Sorry dude. I just ordered some myself.

Definitely stop using that fertilizer then.
Wayyy too much -N-

It's weird I've used this stuff I've been using for a long time and never had a single problem with it. Although I have a resilient strain accustomed to Australian conditions over many generations. So it's a very tough strain.. On my have problems since I ordered sugar black rose. So maybe the strain sbr is not liking that fertiliser

It's weird I've used this stuff I've been using for a long time and never had a single problem with it. Although I have a resilient strain accustomed to Australian conditions over many generations. So it's a very tough strain.. On my have problems since I ordered sugar black rose. So maybe the strain sbr is not liking that fertiliser
There's no way any plant was making it to harvest at a pH of 4, Hardy strain or not.
1st thing you need to do is a slurry test. If your pH has dropped to 4 the only thing I can think of that would do that is a stupidly heavy urea base fert. Check your slurry to make sure your pH is right (it's not accurate but a few samples as suggested above should give you a rough idea) , if it is 4 you need to get rid of that mix and start again, don't matter what you add if that's still there

Back
Top Bottom