Mocha420

420 Member
So, I have a Dark Devil Auto from Sweetseeds at day 84 about 30% amber trichs and im about to Harvest..
My question, because a follower on Instagram said something about it is.. Does a plants leaves need to be yellow before harvest or are them being green okay and does them being yellow make for better weed?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-04-17-04-10-1.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-04-17-04-10-1.png
    918.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_2020-03-04-17-04-04-1.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-04-17-04-04-1.png
    951.8 KB · Views: 85
Yellow leaves mean the plant is nearing the end of its life cycle
Remember to harvest according to the cloudiness of the trichomes or if you want more couch lock let the trichomes turn to amber about 30% of them

Does a plants leaves need to be yellow before harvest and does them being yellow make for better weed?
Not at all. The plant has already decided if it was going to be good or not. That all happens with good grow mediums, good watering techniques, good feed schedule, good environment etc.

At one point the plant shuts down and stops taking nutrients via the roots and takes from the leaves which is why you might see some turn yellow before harvest. It may not happen at all with a healthy and well cared for plant.

Not at all. The plant has already decided if it was going to be good or not. That all happens with good grow mediums, good watering techniques, good feed schedule, good environment etc.

At one point the plant shuts down and stops taking nutrients via the roots and takes from the leaves which is why you might see some turn yellow before harvest. It may not happen at all with a healthy and well cared for plant.
Agree with ya!

Does the yellowing have anything to do with Nitrogen?

Thank you.. Sure appreciate the help!

Your instagram friend is probably referring to the cure. Most people think that the plant has to use up the N in order for the dried bud to NOT smell or taste like hay. A proper dry and cure and you will never have a bud that smells or tastes like crap.
I feed my plants right up until harvest and haven't had a bad tasting or harsh harvest yet :)

Welcome to :420: and yer welcome!

So, I have a Dark Devil Auto from Sweetseeds at day 84 about 30% amber trichs and im about to Harvest..
My question, because a follower on Instagram said something about it is.. Does a plants leaves need to be yellow before harvest or are them being green okay and does them being yellow make for better weed?
Cut back the fan leaves. It will taste less bitter

Back
Top Bottom