Yellow spots on cola/sugar leaves?

Here are some examples of my VERY LIGHT heat damage. I clipped some leaves... they don't recover. These were still left. It's been about 3 weeks since my heat incident.
Can you draw any similarities.
Another symptom of heat burn is curl around the leaf edges. You can see some if it in my photos. Do you have any curl around the side spikey part of your leaves.

Wow yeah, those yellowing patches are exactly what mine looks like. Thanks for posting those. So that's from heat? That's definitely cool to know.. I always see the pictures of taco-ing leaves with the edges folding up associated with heat stress, so I guess I didn't suspect it.
Still, I don't have as much of the fan leaf edges folding down the way you do.. and one of my first symptoms were lots of fan leaf tips pointing up, kinda the opposite of the N-claw.

I'll take some more pics tomorrow.. but bear in mind a couple weeks have passed since that first set, so the damage has progressed & looks a little different... but thanks for posting yours. That really does look familiar.

I looked at your second set of pictures again. I feel a bit stronger that it might be heat damage. The way it's evenly damaged around the high spots of the leaves fading as it get to the lower parts of the leaves... not as patchy as I would expect a chemical burn to be.
Do you measure your temp at canopy top height? Perhaps a measure from right in the plant at the very top.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right. No, I've got the hygrometer in the pot at the base. I should eefinitely find a way to get it at the canopy level.

Yeah.... it's rough... but sometimes best. Decaying material can be problematic in many different ways. None of the damage will recover.
Sux.
In a 'glass half full' spirit.... Got any replacements on hand? Perhaps their time to shine is near.

Well, she's got a twin sister who seems to be doing ok and only yesterday started to show a little fan leaf yellowing, more along the lines of what I think is normal in alot of plants around the 6 week mark.. but I'm more excited about my Short Stuff Super Stinky.. I germed it a week ago and it popped up a few days back. It's a mostly sativa "super auto" that runs 120+ days.. I got the beans from my first Herbies order along with Emerald Triangle Headlights Kush and Dinafem Sour Diesel auto fem freebies. I'm up in the air about which one to germ next, but I'm thinking of running a photo journal for the super stinky. It'd be a first for me.

Anyways, thanks again for posting the pics. I really believe you're right about the heat.

I feel like leaf taco-ing is more of a prolonged heat or high humidity issue. It does concern me that you have no signs of the leaf margin (the spikey side parts) curl as I thought that was a pretty standard overheat issue.
It's always a good idea to get temps at canopy top. That's where it's just naturally the hottest.
I wonder... if you clean up the damage, will the undergrowth pick up and provide a decent harvest at all? Meh.... 6 of one, half a dozen of another.

Happy growing!

So... I just happened to suffer a bit of burn this morning from a CF bulb too close to a leaf/bud. Here's what the damage looked like.

20150228_104519.jpg
20150228_104509.jpg
20150228_104458.jpg

While I feel the subject is closed... I just happened to burn her this morning so I thought I'd post here with shots.

So... I just happened to suffer a bit of burn this morning from a CF bulb too close to a leaf/bud. Here's what the damage looked like.

Obviously a different issue, but nice looking plants. What strain is she?

Also, here are current shots of mine I finally got around to taking:

The original sugar leaf damage isn't really progressing, and at this point I have more damaged fan leaves than sugar leaves. It seems to not be spreading too fast, so I think I'll try and push it another week or two.

It a Critical+... and thanks.

I looked at the problem chart. I think it's a Phosphorus deficiency.
This is a common issue. You'll notice that your flowering nutrients have a much higher 'P' number in their NPK rating.
Seems mostly like a non-issue this late in the game. I'd just let them finish and wouldn't worry myself one bit about a few rough fan leaves.

Here's the chart

1663113856392.png

I looked at the problem chart. I think it's a Phosphorus deficiency.
This is a common issue. You'll notice that your flowering nutrients have a much higher 'P' number in their NPK rating.
Seems mostly like a non-issue this late in the game. I'd just let them finish and wouldn't worry myself one bit about a few rough fan leaves.

Yeah, someone else suggested p-def, and I did notice the similarity, but if that's the case, something else (buildup? heat?) is keeping her from absorbing it. Before the symptoms showed up I was feeding 9ml/gal apiece of both FloraBloom and Liquid Kool Bloom... seems like a lot of P, but I don't know a whole lot about plant nutrition and I'm kinda learning as I go.

I'm not familiar with their feeding schedule... peeked on their site, but didn't easily see a floura soil schedule.
There are some other ways to supplement P. Adding soil amendments that raise just the P. I'd list them, but I forget what they are. Any bloom boosters should have high P values.
Again tho... this is way common and not really much of a concern. Many growers loose most fan leaves. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the plant is actually cannibalizing itself a bit an pulling from the fan leaf areas to build the flowers.

I just read your thread, you have a Phosphorus deficiency, and Nitrogen toxicity, at this point I think you would benefit from a flush of ph'd water 3 times the volume of the soil container. take ph and ppms of the run off. After the flush, mix some regular strength nutes and feed, let the medium dry out before the next watering.

I'm not familiar with their feeding schedule... peeked on their site, but didn't easily see a floura soil schedule.
There are some other ways to supplement P. Adding soil amendments that raise just the P. I'd list them, but I forget what they are. Any bloom boosters should have high P values.
Again tho... this is way common and not really much of a concern. Many growers loose most fan leaves. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the plant is actually cannibalizing itself a bit an pulling from the fan leaf areas to build the flowers.

Yeah, I've read that too. Anyways, thanks a lot for the pics and help.

I just read your thread, you have a Phosphorus deficiency, and Nitrogen toxicity, at this point I think you would benefit from a flush of ph'd water 3 times the volume of the soil container. take ph and ppms of the run off. After the flush, mix some regular strength nutes and feed, let the medium dry out before the next watering.

Cool, thanks Meta tron for taking the time to go through the thread. Appreciate the input. Because I'm trying to learn, mind if I ask where you see the N tox? I'm definitely not seeing much clawing, but I'm sure there must be another symptom I'm missing?

Back
Top Bottom