Yellow Spots on leaves - Droopy plant yet explosive root growth?

BassBuds

Hey guys,

Here's my setup. I'm doing an indoor grow in the BC NorthernLights BloomBox. (2 chambered box, controls lights watering etc.) It's a hydro setup with a DWC with airstones and a top feed dripper system. The medium is clay pellets. The two biggest plants are chemdawg from seeds. The plants were doing fine in the veg side of the machine (12 site, 5-6 gallon tub. Using tap water through a brita, big cfl for light, FloraNova 1/4tsp/gal). Once I moved them to the flowering side (400W vented metal halide, distilled water, FloraNova 1/2tsp/gal) it looks like things may be going down hill. It looks like growth has slowed (counter intuitive since they are getting more light), but roots seem to be getting huge.

One of the plants has started to look droopy. I thought this was a problem with not enough oxygen getting to the roots so I turned up the pressure on the pump to that side. Then I looked at the roots and thought there was root rot, but it all rinsed right off so I think it was just nute stains.

The other plant has been getting yellow dots on it. It may just be water spots, but I don't know. It looks like some of the other plants have started getting a little of the yellowing as well. Could this be a cal/mag def since I switched from tap water (awful 400-600 tds), to distilled?

Before he went bad....

I don't know what to do and this is my first grow. I really don't want these guys to keep going downhill.

Here are the rest of the photos

Please help :)

Thanks for the quick reply nutty professor. No they were from bag seed. I know the grower, however, so I know the strain of the 2 biggest plants (showing the problems the most) is chemdawg. I also know that they were inseminated by a male chemdawg plant. Also, they've been under the MH for about 5 days.

Looking at the problem solver thread you linked.
It looks like it could either be a ph issue. I'm using a cheap ass $10 ph pen and it may need to be recalibrated:
(similar to this pic)
Example of PH issue
1134Ph-p-roblem1.jpg

My Plant

It also looks like it could be overwatering (don't know how cause I have lots of bubbles)
Example of Over Watering
1134overwtering1.jpg

MY PLANT

Or a calcium or magnesium deficiency
Some of the other plants look like this:
EXAMPLE of Magnesium Deficiency:
Magnesium_Deficiency11.JPG

MY PLANT

And some look like this:
EXAMPLE of Calcium Deficiency:
1134calcium-11.jpg

MY PLANT

Your pH is off. It's causing a lockout of CA. And mag.
Give them 2ml per gal of calimag or up your EC.
What is your EC and your ph??
Brother get you a good meter. One that stays in the res at all times. It's worth every penny! TRUST ME!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Also do you think the vertical growth has slowed because the plants are shocked/focusing on root growth since they are in the bigger tub?
He has a deficiency. . Ph likely culprit. when he checks his ph I'm betting it's around 4.5... his water source before was probably around 7 where his distilled is probably 6. Plus distilled is 0 ppm. I believe he needs to correct ph and set ec to 1.4
have you got you res filled to the top or just below the pots ? im sure the roots have to suspended in air when young... looking at them other pictures it could be ph need a better ph pen when in hydro they change that quick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom