Yellow Spots & Shiny Patches on Leaves?

the1culturist

Hi people!

Im starting to notice some yellow spots on the middle (not the edges or tips) of some of my leaves. There is also some patches on some leaves that look shiny... the best way I can think to describe the look is as if a slug got on the leaves and the slug slime dried. But when I touch it, it doesn't come off or change the appearance at all. EDIT: upon closer inspection the 'shiny' parts appear to be more rust colored patches, its hard to judge color with those LED lights...

Im 3.5 weeks into the DWC system and about 4.5 weeks from germination. I had the nutrients at 25% recommended dose for the first week, 33% for the second week, 50% and then noticed they were yellowing and drooping a bit so I added some calmag plus (75% dose) which seemed to make them happy. Yesterday I flushed the system and bumped up the nutrients and calmag to 75% of the recommended dose. When I woke up this morning is when I first noticed it, and now after dinner it appears to be worse.

My inclination is that its nutrient burn, but when I google the symptoms it usually shows burned tips which mine don't have (with the exception of one tip).

Also I don't think this is relevant but I topped them 48 hours ago.

Info:
Strain - (4) Green Crack
Strain - (2) Lost Coast Hashplant
# of Plants - 6
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Veg
Setup - rDWC
Light - 1000 Watt LED (32" above plants)
Nutrients - Optimum Hydronponics & calmag plus
Medium - Rapid Rooter in net pots with hydroton
PPM - 575 (1.2EC)
PH - 5.9
RH - 30% to 80%, but usually 40%-60%
Room Temperature - 76 to 80 during the day
Room Temperature - 70 to 74 at night
Solution Temperature - 70 to 73
Room Square Footage - 25
Pests - None Known

9Ay6wrR.jpg

Ilb7i5a.jpg

F2miLjf.jpg

5c10B5F.jpg

Secondly, some of the lower leaves were yellowed for the last week or two, which I believe was because they were hungry from the calmag deficiency. But after the system flush and upped nutes they appear to be pretty badly burned. But theyre only on the very low leaves:

HyMBUle.jpg

LbRgfjS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom