Yellow spots

Hi Jon! Let's see if this explanation helps. How much you use depends on the size of the container and how much water it takes to reach runoff in the soil you are using. You should have a good idea how much water it takes to reach this point, so divide that amount by 4.

Start off with 1 cup of water, a very small amount, and spread it evenly around the top surface, just to break the surface tension and start the suction as the water starts to fall downward.

Then take 1/4 of the total, and slowly water in the inner circle around the trunk of the plant with that amount.

Take the next 1/4 and water slowly around the entire outer edge, taking care not to go so fast that much of it falls through any cracks in the side that lead straight to the bottom.

Now the fun begins. Take the 3rd quarter and water again in the center slowly. You are actually trying to drive micro soil out of the center clump of roots, out toward the outer edge, so as to leave more room in that center core for roots. This 3rd application of water should have caused a small ridge of soil to form just outside of the old rootball as that soil is driven that direction.

Last step, the last 1/4 of your water, goes around the outside edge again. This will drive rich microsoil from this region back toward the center root mass, and it will leave the outside edge as the wettest place in the container, enticing roots to grow out that direction.
Okay perfect I see what you mean now, thank you for explaining it more.

Do you think I should add calmag or anything to the water. I gave her the recharge and sprayed her with neem oil and the yellowing on the upper fan leaf seemed to slow down almost to a halt but still seem to spread a little. The lower (blade leaves I believe) are still turning more yellow and going to die off soon

I can attach pictures if you would like

thank you agin for the help,
Jon

lets see some new pictures of the problems as they stand now
These are photos from today

78984513-BC9D-44AA-9795-8303C5986420.jpeg

6539F216-825A-49A3-AC0B-6BF05228780A.jpeg

15043A7E-3821-4F22-9116-68308DC72104.jpeg

FD4F552D-A967-4714-AE70-FBD5A5F3D1F2.jpeg

786CD9D1-8D48-470B-BA55-2BA5450B274B.jpeg

AA251816-F312-46E0-B1FA-16BFB3B592F7.jpeg

I see a great improvement. I do see a little trace of a magnesium deficiency still I think, but it is not as bad as it was. The damaged spot will never go away, but some of the green in that leaf appears to be coming back. I would give a maintenance dose of calmag with each watering from here on out.

The yellow leaves at the bottom are a different story. They were the first leaves being tapped for the needed nutrients when the feeding cycle broke down. It seems that once a leaf has been tagged for cannibalization and it gets to a certain point, the plant will continue to suck that leaf dry. At some point it just becomes too much to repair it, so all of its goodness is sucked back into the plant.

I don't think you have a problem any longer... the microbes have apparently fixed it. Keep applying the recharge once a week and you should be fine. You will lose those two lower leaves, but don't worry unless the next set of leaves up the trunk start turning yellow after these are gone... then we still have a problem.

I see a great improvement. I do see a little trace of a magnesium deficiency still I think, but it is not as bad as it was. The damaged spot will never go away, but some of the green in that leaf appears to be coming back. I would give a maintenance dose of calmag with each watering from here on out.

The yellow leaves at the bottom are a different story. They were the first leaves being tapped for the needed nutrients when the feeding cycle broke down. It seems that once a leaf has been tagged for cannibalization and it gets to a certain point, the plant will continue to suck that leaf dry. At some point it just becomes too much to repair it, so all of its goodness is sucked back into the plant.

I don't think you have a problem any longer... the microbes have apparently fixed it. Keep applying the recharge once a week and you should be fine. You will lose those two lower leaves, but don't worry unless the next set of leaves up the trunk start turning yellow after these are gone... then we still have a problem.
Thank you again for the help, I will probably water her today/tomorrow just have to check if she is more dry then wet.
I’ll try the calmag and recharge and let you know how it looks
Thank you for all the help, I really appreciate it,
Jon

We have a big problem, the one upper fan leaf just rapidly turned yellow and the next lower one already started

A194F152-3B28-44CC-ACFA-A46D9DDF6525.jpeg

50895D46-BE7A-4BDB-B19F-70F82F1D5901.jpeg

192EDFA2-AF31-44A1-9F96-A4F8DF0039C2.jpeg

463C4826-357A-48B0-8543-6D26C8C74492.jpeg

Tell me about your supersoil. How much of the container is supersoil?
I used natures living soil, supersoil the autoflower version,

Super Soil Autoflower Concentrate
1624126495998.png

I used a 1lb bag in my 5 gallon container, I followed the directions and put it roughly at the 1/4-1/3 mark up in the pot, threw some normal roots organic soil on top mixed it up ,then proceeded to fill the rest of the pot with the roots organic

I don’t know if it matters but I am growing gorilla glue auto

now out of nowhere I noticed a little damage to a leaf so I don’t know if I have little critters or not, unless I am some how causing it but, I never take sharp stuff in the tent

does she have leaf septoria?

91508954-29CC-46B1-AC7B-7258F9A4920D.jpeg

D7743C2B-C64E-4D95-93D8-B5F9D70D0CC0.jpeg

I am back to suspecting a bug... something is eating that leaf. That same something appears to be eating roots too.
I know neem oil doesn’t kill on contact and takes some time so should I just keep applying it weekly on the leafs and top soil? Or should I go with something else

It might work.. depends on the bug. Its better than doing nothing. You need to try to identify the little beastie.
I gave her a deep water earlier today, (water until runoff), with calmag, and I’ve been moving my light around, mainly up more because I’ve noticed it getting a little hot in the tent.
Then when I came back to check on her she started curling all over.
Did I give her a little too much water or could it be caused by heat stress?

FC1BE7DF-5E9A-4859-A744-7E8393B0334D.jpeg

FAA19FE2-36F1-4E23-88EA-59CDA77C477D.jpeg

8924C954-782D-4EF2-A26A-721BD5FA528F.jpeg

I believe that is just good lift, and now that the roots are doing better the plant can achieve the water pressure to be able to track the sun across the sky, or in your case, point to the light. This is a very good sign, not a bad one and it doesn't look like it is reacting badly to the light
So far no new leafs have changed just the same ones getting worse.

I noticed the leaves felt a bit dry, I don’t know if that gives more of an idea with whats wrong with her or if thats caused by the neem oil.

Thank you for helping me with her, I am just praying to make it to harvest. And start again with the new info I learned with this one. But I really appreciate all the help

3B506C1D-6C04-433C-9084-64A68621F7BF.jpeg

DBF4FF57-B869-4284-9675-7204C6ED7886.jpeg

F3481E0F-A67A-4E04-9B51-7456F83BA091.jpeg

B337AA30-30AD-4240-A951-40FE5D6EB0B5.jpeg

C09C2DFA-056E-4F06-AFF8-86BD54F4BCD9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom